Málaga

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
i don't think they're many who expect than to finish in the top four this season, 6-8 i where i expect them and will pel's in charge their is nothing like quick sand, he is building a solid team with some experience that can do a job in the league, once they are more established they will begin to buy younger players, but for now they are just building

You should build with young players though. Integrate them into the team and the system so that in 3-5 years time they will be fully settled and you'd have a foundation point on which to build on.

It is never a good idea to build a team on players who won't be around in 3 years time. Sure the experience of RVN is vital. But those experienced players should be sprinkled around the squad rather then them being the main focal point of the team.

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
You should build with young players though. Integrate them into the team and the system so that in 3-5 years time they will be fully settled and you'd have a foundation point on which to build on.

It is never a good idea to build a team on players who won't be around in 3 years time. Sure the experience of RVN is vital. But those experienced players should be sprinkled around the squad rather then them being the main focal point of the team.

I don't think you are right, the club will need winning/winners for culture. Being put on the map is important to attract more players in a year or two. Past their best or not, they were terrific at one point and now still very good, for a club like Malaga. The experience they will provide to the younger ones will be spectacular. Plus, treating those players like Ruud might help them make them ambassadors later on which would help promote the club everywhere, like Zidane for Real, & Figo for Inter.

You can't expect to get young players and go somewhere, at the first sight of failure they will crumble. You think way too long term, football is faster than that. You need to mix the new crop with the old crop to create continuity and move on. Its perfect actually, because in 2-3 years these players will be way down hill that it won't be difficult to get rid of them and would be just in time for the younger generation to take over.

Otherwise, they'd end up as Arsenal.

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
It's not like they have only been buying past it big names. Where did this idea come from? Buonanotte is an enigma but he's insanely talented and 23. Rondon is a stud and playing with someone like Ruud will only help him, and will probably keep Baptista from the pressure. Toulalan is in his prime.

Normally I'm skeptical about throwing cash around like this for instant results but I have been impressed at Malaga's moves so far. They don't have the depth to be a powerhouse but the potential is there.

Supposedly Joaquin is close to a move there too..

Last edited:

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
It's possible Malaga will complete the signings of Sergio Sanchez and Ricardo Alvez this week too. And I almost forgot, they also signed Nacho Monreal.

I'll be shocked if they are not competing for the top 6.

nebeer

Love is All
I am very impressed with Malaga's moves as well. Getting players like RVN would serve them fantastically. They need the experience as well as star power of these guys to get the campaign moving and they would scout other younger players to merge with these guys as well. Malaga's going good really. They have spent very thoughtfully.

El Gato

Villarato!
He is old and gone, but will still be valuable. Wow. Now they only need some legit fullbacks to make a run for top 5.

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
He is old and gone, but will still be valuable. Wow. Now they only need some legit fullbacks to make a run for top 5.

Nacho Monreal? They still need a RB, though for the middle Mathisjen, Stadsgaard, Sergio Sanchez and Demichelis isn't a world beating selection but that's a lot of depth.

El Gato

Villarato!
Is he a RB ? Wow, I've read somewhere he is a RM. Well, that puts them halfway down there.

Confused there. Never mind.

Last edited:

knicks

Do ya feel lucky, punk?
they're really doign a great signs..I hope that they will fight with Villareal and Valencia for 3rd position :D.

Home of Barca Fans