Málaga

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
Both players need to be in front of the last defender, for the ball line rule to be valid. Or there would never be any offside.

Nope, as long as the ball or the player who made the pass is in front* of the player who gets the pass it doesn't matter where the opposition's players are.

*closer to the side of the opponents goal

Eetu

Adormit
Player is in offside position if he is closer to his opponents' end line than other team's second to last player and the ball.

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
Player is in offside position if he is closer to his opponents' end line than other team's second to last player and the ball.

And his team-mate (for instance if his team-mate is lying down on his back with his head towards the goal and passes the ball with his feet it's the position of the head which matters)

Eetu

Adormit
And his team-mate (for instance if his team-mate is lying down on his back with his head towards the goal and passes the ball with his feet it's the position of the head which matters)

What? Team mates position or anything of that sort doesn't matter. Only the last two players of the opponent and the ball.

Page 35.

Last edited:
F

Flavia

Nope, as long as the ball or the player who made the pass is in front* of the player who gets the pass it doesn't matter where the opposition's players are.

*closer to the side of the opponents goal

That's not what I was saying, or I didn't understand what you said. I was talking about this:

offside1.jpg

The player is in an offside position if he is nearer to his opponent's goal line than both the ball and the second last opponent.

If by any chance the 2 attackers were in line, the 2nd would have to be careful to not be ahead of the ball line.

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
I didn't get the part where you said "there'd never be an offside", I thought you meant the gk and the player who made the pass when you said "both players ahead of the last defender".

impeh

Hi, its me..
Malaga confirm Manuel Pellegrini can leave at end of season

The Chilean is the red-hot favourite to fill the vacancy left by Monday's sacking of Roberto Mancini, and the Spanish club have smoothed his path to The Etihad.

F

Flavia

Málaga dumped out of Europe

Efe 06/11/2013

The Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS) has turned down Málaga's appeal against the imposed UEFA ban, meaning that it will not be able to take part in the upcoming Europa League tournament after qualifying with a sixth place finish in La Liga BBVA, the Spanish club has announced.
A week has now passed since the verbal hearing held at the CAS headquarters in Lausanne (Switzerland), where Málaga argued that it had complied with the requirements demanded by UEFA's Financial Fair Play regulations.
The decision, which the CAS publicly announced today in an official statement, means that the club will receive the full weight of the UEFA sanction, consisting of a €300,000 fine and a one-year ban on European competition, after the European football body reduced the original two-year ban on the condition that the club meet its financial obligations by 31st March.
Málaga was banned from taking part in European competition on 21st December due to outstanding debts owed to the tax authorities.
On 16th May, the Spanish club received a letter from UEFA in which its Financial Control Body informed that, after looking at the club's situation as of 31st March, it was lifting the second year of the ban on European competition which had previously been imposed on the club.

They're really out. Rayo or Sevilla in, now. Rayo has some problems with Rfef, about the licence to play in europe.

Home of Barca Fans