Málaga

B

barcelonista

Now that Ruud retired, they need a new striker.

#FalcaoToMalaga

Pellegrini coaching Falcao. :worthy:

If they buy Keite too, I will explode. Cazorla-Keite midfield. :worthy: With Falcao upfront. :worthy:

#FreeFalcao

:worthy:

zanela

borja and the guy they signed from lyon would make a better two. with carzola doing is thing up the pitch

I agree. Toulalan was Malaga's best player up until his injury. A Valero would be a great addition to their midfield.

---------Toulalan---------B.Valero---------
Joaquín-------------Isco--------------Cazorla
--------------------Rondon-----------------

Looks good. Though they could do with a younger RW. I haveta say Afellay would be perfect. :D

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
Just imagine this team (basically Malaga+Villarreal):
--------Rondon/Baptista/Nilmar*
Cazorla - Isco - Joaquin/Cani
----Toulalan - Valero
Capdevila/Natxo-Verthongen-Mathijsen-VdW/Gamez
----------Willy/Kameni

In bold: New signings

* Not that similar to Rondon or Baptista, so not that likely. And he'd be expensive. And injury prone.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Hierro is negotiating his exit from the club...with Zizou being removed, wonder if it's to make room for Hierro

zanela

Hierro is negotiating his exit from the club...with Zizou being removed, wonder if it's to make room for Hierro

It's rumoured Hierro's decision to step down has been a result of the financial dealings of the club, from late to non-payment of transfer fees (they still 've VAT on Cazorla deal pending and villarreal have threatened to sue them, hamburg having reported them to UEFA for stalling payment on Mathijsen couple of months ago) and late-payments to the players and staffs(players union have been already approached). Their sports management haven't been set a budget to work with in the transfer market, slowing down their transfer activity both in terms of acquiring, and finding suitable employers for their unwanted players. It's believed Hierro expressed concerns over the lack of long-term planning in a meeting. But with no improvements in sight, he didn't want the club's dealings risk his reputation. Hence his decision to leave, which is expected to be formalised on Monday.

If the club don't resolve their fin issues, they risk having their UEFA license revoked.

Some dodgy Sheikh this. His public appearances and interviews would suggest otherwise, but going by the club's fin transactions over the season, and now losing their sporting director for the same, should call the sheikh's commitment in to question. The malaguista fear the shiekh might be looking at selling the club for a profit now that the club has made it in to Europe.

Looks like a lot of us Liga fans' hopeful forecast of Malaga (in context of both liga and Europe) needs re-examining. :(

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Two clubs in Switzerland were victims of dodgy owners, both have gone under in under 2 seasons

Well, ownership has to come with better credentials and assurances of compliance with even the basics let alone all the campaign promises

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
Shady owners in Spain? What a surprise!

At least they don't have the Indian guy who "bought" Racing without ever actually paying for them. :lol:

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
Shady owners in Spain? What a surprise!

At least they don't have the Indian guy who "bought" Racing without ever actually paying for them. :lol:

Really? He never paid up? I was wondering how he was allowing his investment to sink. So far all that talk about Arabs and the hate they get for buying clubs, they at least make a good football club. I think.

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
Really? He never paid up? I was wondering how he was allowing his investment to sink. So far all that talk about Arabs and the hate they get for buying clubs, they at least make a good football club. I think.

The whole situation is bizarre, the Indian guy did nothing except form an alternative board that nobody listens to. The investment company that "owns" them had its assets frozen a while ago.

Home of Barca Fans