Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain

Daemul

previously known as Jonathan28
I just cant wait until the players flop and Jona is proved right once again. :lol:

I know that because I live in Scotland I'll be accused of being a hater and having a sort of arrogance towards English players, but there's a reason for that, and the sooner you all learn the more you save yourselves from embarressment, because unlike the English/Welsh/Scottish national teams, I always win.

Bruce and Holloway would make better england managers than ole harry.

Can't wait to see england fail under harry's management it will be hilarious.

Wow, we agree on something, Harry failing as English manager is going to be a glorious sight. Then there weill be calls for a foreign manager since English ones arent good enough, then the foreign manager will fail then people will suddenly want an English manager because foreign managers dont have passion, then it will go back in a cycle again and again. Oh, I love you English. :lol:

Bergkamp10

"Right once again"? I'm sure I can recall you saying Wilshere was overrated....

Plus, have you even see Chamberlain play to make a judgement on him being overrated? Or is it just because he's English? I'm sure if he was called Chamberlinho you'd be singing a different tune.

Daemul

Probably yeah I would, I'm not going to lie and act as if I'm unbiased, if he was Dutch or from any other country, except England and Wales, I would think he was a good player. But I'm blinkered, and I can happily admit that. I'm most likely wrong about the guy, but I've been right so far about other players i.e. Bostock, Delph, Sturridge, Bentley, Agbonlahor, Ashley Young, Walcott(to a certain extent), Lennon(same as Walcott), Shaun Wright-Phillips etc I'm just waiting for A.Johnson, Milner, Wilshere, Bale, Chamberlain to fail.

Bergkamp10

Then how can you call him overrated if you're clearly biased?

You've been right about players who were never really hyped that much? Also Walcott and Young are excellent players. Rest are okay. It doesn't take a genius to see that Bentley, Agbonhlahor weren't going to be world class players. The others you've named are still young, there's still time for them to come good.

If you hate England and everything associated with it then why do you always post on EPL players and the EPL thread? Makes no sense to me.

Daemul

Then how can you call him overrated if you're clearly biased?

You've been right about players who were never really hyped that much? Also Walcott and Young are excellent players. Rest are okay. It doesn't take a genius to see that Bentley, Agbonhlahor weren't going to be world class players. The others you've named are still young, there's still time for them to come good.

If you hate England and everything associated with it then why do you always post on EPL players and the EPL thread? Makes no sense to me.

What? Those players were so overhyped it was unreal. Bentley was meant to be the new Beckham, Bostock was meant to be the new Lampard, Delph was meant to be the new Gerrard, Agbonhlahor and Ashley Young were touted as being world superstars with some people even comparing Agbonhlahor to Rooney and Ashley Young begin compared to Messi and Ronaldo....

Don't get me started on Walcott I dont know what people see in him, Lennon and Shaun would be ok if they werent so bloody inconsistent, but I remember Lennon being named as one of the top 20 player in world football :lol:

Oh man, I'm laughing just thinking about these things, remember Rooney being called the white Pele and Joe Cole being toted as better then Messi :rofl1:

I post on EPL players and the EPL thread because I want to, no other reason but that really.

Bergkamp10

So you're basing the 'hype' on a couple of quotes probably made by the star or the sun? Right.

Lots of players look excellent when they're younger but for some reason don't live up to the expectation. It happens to all nations not just England.

Daemul

So you're basing the 'hype' on a couple of quotes probably made by the star or the sun? Right.

Lots of players look excellent when they're younger but for some reason don't live up to the expectation. It happens to all nations not just England.

Yeah, but it does seem to happen more to English players, mainly because of the hype they get in my opinion, oh, and a small matter of too much too soon.

Bergkamp10

Sky are saying that his likely destination is Arsenal, pretty much what all the papers are saying too. Nice to get some young talent in if we get him, hopefully paves the way for Rosicky to leave :D

Apparently though, Man City officials are talking to Southampton today but Southampton have said that they'll only sell to clubs where they think he'll develop and somehow I don't think City fit the bill.

Bergkamp10

I think around the same as Theo. £5m up front plus another £5m on clauses. Quite a lot for unproven talent but he does sound good.

Daemul

I think around the same as Theo. £5m up front plus another £5m on clauses. Quite a lot for unproven talent but he does sound good.

Wait, hes 17, playing in a weak league and proven nothing and yet people is willing to pay 10 million for him? Barca paid 3 million for Afeally, so I truely fail to see the logic behind that. Also, being touted as the "new" Theo Walcott is not something I would be proud of.

Home of Barca Fans