Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain

Bergkamp10

Going to Arsenal apparently. We're leading the chase and Wenger was coy when asked if we were close to signing him. Only thing holding up the deal is that Southampton want him loaned back for the remainder of the season and Arsenal want him now.

Only Wenger would make his main priority a 17 year old winger when we need a CB.

Last edited:
N

nutnut

Going to Arsenal apparently. We're leading the chase and Wenger was coy when asked if we were close to signing him. Only thing holding up the deal is that Southampton want him loaned back for the remainder of the season and Arsenal want him now.

Only Wenger would make his main priority a 17 year old winger when we need a CB.

Wenger's coy with everything until it's too late and then once these players becomes top player he talks about how close Arsenal was to signing them (Ronaldo, Bale, Essien list goes on) :tea: annoying guy.

If Chamberlain had any sense he would take a look at Walcott's career and stay well away from them, 5 years he's been at that club and most games he's started for them on the bounce is a couple of games, people go on at Walcott about his slow development, i don't blame him i blame Arsenal and their coaching.

Instead of letting do wingers do what wingers should do (beat players and put a cross in) they are trying to turn him into this neat and tidy player and not put a cross, Walcott doesn't have that yet, that comes with time, Arsenal don't even take proper corners ffs, always short :rolleyes: hardly a wingers heavan club.

Last edited:
N

nutnut

Omg, another overrated youngster? By god, when will they learn.

Overated at 17? Goodness me :rolleyes:

I see you're from Scotland though so if something English comes along i'm sure you love playing it down, hate all you want, the future's bright and Scotland's hate is not going to dim the light at the end of the tunnel for England after S.Africa, this new bunch are really are the golden generation.

Bergkamp10

Wenger's coy with everything until it's too late and then once these players becomes top player he talks about how close Arsenal was to signing them (Ronaldo, Bale, Essien list goes on) :tea: annoying guy.

If Chamberlain had any sense he would take a look at Walcott's career and stay well away from them, 5 years he's been at that club and most games he's started for them on the bounce is a couple of games, people go on at Walcott about his slow development, i don't blame him i blame Arsenal and their coaching.

Instead of letting do wingers do what wingers should do (beat players and put a cross in) they are trying to turn him into this neat and tidy player and not put a cross, Walcott doesn't have that yet, that comes with time, Arsenal don't even take proper corners ffs, always short :rolleyes: hardly a wingers heavan club.

Look at Walcott? A regular starter for Arsenal and England who's on £60k a week. Not bad at all. Walcott's not a winger but he's been good this season and you should remember that we had to virtually teach him how to play football because the game at Southampton was kick the ball over the top for him to run on to. Of course, AOC could also look at Ramsey, Wilshere, Gibbs in recent years....

I think AOC will end up at Arsenal, Wenger usually has no problems paying top dollar for young stars and he seems to want him. Lots of places are reporting we're close to signing him. We lack an out and out winger so he could be one for the future, won't have much competition either as all our other young prospects don't play his position except Myachi.

Overated at 17? Goodness me :rolleyes:

I see you're from Scotland though so if something English comes along i'm sure you love playing it down, hate all you want, the future's bright and Scotland's hate is not going to dim the light at the end of the tunnel for England after S.Africa, this new bunch are really are the golden generation.

lol v.true. I'm pretty sure he said Wilshere was overrated too...

Poor_Sunyol

In Lucho we trust!
Watched him at St. Mary's a couple of times now, he has been mainly used as an impact substitute. The comparison with Walcott is inevitable but he looks a more balanced player overall. Blistering pace and also a good football brain, he doesn't just run like Walcott does. Soton are not selling him this year unless someone pays them £10 mil in full, none of these incentive deals. The fact is that Soton don't need the money and they know they are going up this year playing really decent football. Chamberlain comes from a football family and so has lots of wise heads around him and the word on the street is that he is not in a rush to move after seeing what happened to Walcott when he did.

Bergkamp10

:lol: If I was English I wouldn't use the term "Golden Generation" any longer.

Haha true but we do have a good batch coming through with Wilshere, Carroll, Theo, McEachran, Rodwell, Phil Jones, Gibbs, Joe Hart, Adam Johnson etc. Plus Rooney is still young if he gets his form back.

N

nutnut

:lol: If I was English I wouldn't use the term "Golden Generation" any longer.

Why not these players are quite golden, some of the best players in the world decorated with medals not just domesticly but in Europe too. We have 3 seperate captains who have lead their teams out a champions league final (Terry, Ferdinand and Gerrard) along with players who have scored in the Champions League final (Gerrard, Lampard and Sol Campbell), Uefa cup finals (Gerrard), Premier League winners and various other club captains, how many more countrys can say they have that experence and leadership?

Our problem as been doing it on the pitch, shit managers doesn't help with that, making pathetic selections all the time and using pathetic tactics. We never stood a chance in S. Africa with a James and Green in goal, Johnson RB and Upson and King rotating, Lennon on the right, SWP on the Left and Heskey swaping with Crouch up front to partner the injured Rooney, I still can't work what Lampard and Barry do in an England shirt too :rolleyes:

It's pathetic selections and pathetic tactics what cost us, do you think Jose Mourihno could have won us the world cup ? I think so. Not 1 English person in the country would have selected the squad Capello did and not 1 person would have used the tactics that Capello did, i wish the World Cup was starting this summer put it that way and it may be different with players like Henderson, Wilshere, Caroll, Walcott (x10 better), Albrighton, Johnson, Richards (x10 better) and Hart all coming into the equation.

It's only going to get better too, but we need Capello out, the man doesn't have a clue, whilst that guy is in charge forget about 2012 and look forward to 2014.

Last edited:

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
Capello is the best thing to happen to england since Sir Bobby Robson excuse my language but its fools like you that think he could have done things differently with the players at his disposal.

If the english media and people just had put their faith in the man not just for the short term but the long term then their future would have been brighter.

Instead in 2012 England will have an imecile like Harry Redknapp in charge. But its ok because he is english and one of the boys who gets along with the press and is "passionate"

BOLLOCKS.

With those young players learning tactical discipline from the master they would have been real threats in 2012 and 2014. Instead with that twat Redknapp in charge they will go out in the quarters to a team with a better tactical and technical set up. But its ok because they will play with "passion".

Last edited:

Bergkamp10

Harry Redknapp as England manager would be awful..."4-4-FAAKIN-2 LADS".

The english media just don't seem to realise that the likes of Gerrard, Lampard and Rooney just aren't that good.

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
Exactly, especially with Gerrard in central midfield. As an AM he is a different animal, even from the left or right but at CM he is average.

N

nutnut

Capello is the best thing to happen to england since Sir Bobby Robson excuse my language but its fools like you that think he could have done things differently with the players at his disposal.

If the english media and people just had put their faith in the man not just for the short term but the long term then their future would have been brighter.

Instead in 2012 England will have an imecile like Harry Redknapp in charge. But its ok because he is english and one of the boys who gets along with the press and is "passionate"

BOLLOCKS.

With those young players learning tactical discipline from the master they would have been real threats in 2012 and 2014. Instead with that twat Redknapp in charge they will go out in the quarters to a team with a better tactical and technical set up. But its ok because they will play with "passion".

Huh tactical discipline? :/ Capello played long ball worse than Graham Taylor's England and English 6 year olds know we have better players than Heskey, Crouch, Upson and SWP, why doesn't a 'so called' EXPERT who gets paid £4million a year? You only have to look what he's done recent games calling up a 30 year old Championship player and selecting 33 year old Bolton's Kevin Davies, the guy doesn't have a clue.

Whilst other England teams have failed (if you called reaching last8's, semi finals only losing on penaltys in these failure), i've seen a lot more passion from Glyen Hoddles, Svens, Keegans England than postman pats anyway, even Steve McClearns England was better than Capello's and that's saying something :icon_neutral:

Harry Redknapp as England manager would be awful..."4-4-FAAKIN-2 LADS".

The english media just don't seem to realise that the likes of Gerrard, Lampard and Rooney just aren't that good.

Steve Bruce England manager or Ian Holloway.

Last edited:

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
Bruce and Holloway would make better england managers than ole harry.

Can't wait to see england fail under harry's management it will be hilarious.

Home of Barca Fans