Raheem Sterling

Jenks

because unlike those other players he's willing to speak up about racism that black players face in football

I would say it's the opposite, if anything. It's only since he started talking about stuff that suits their political narrative that they began fawning over him. He never used to be outspoken like this.

Devils

It's funny because pre-Pep, he was getting hated on in the same way Dembele gets hated on today.

the narrative was always this guy is one-dimensional winger who can't finish.

Just shows the effect of having a good manager.

Laplacian

Forget about narratives and actually watch him in his Liverpool days. His movement off the ball was always incredible, always managed create chances for himself, he's tactically intelligent, and his technique was always top notch. Yes he improved his finishing under Pep, but he never needed to learn how to pass, control the ball, dribble in tight spaces, and play off his teammates when Pep arrived - those are skillsets he had by the time he signed his first professional contract.

Yes managers can improve players, but they don't magically transform players into completely different types. The best manager in the world can't coach Adama Traore to have B.Silva's football intelligence, just like they can't magically make Dembele a Barcelona quality passer at the age of 22.

Adversus

Forget about narratives and actually watch him in his Liverpool days. His movement off the ball was always incredible, always managed create chances for himself, he's tactically intelligent, and his technique was always top notch. Yes he improved his finishing under Pep, but he never needed to learn how to pass, control the ball, dribble in tight spaces, and play off his teammates when Pep arrived - those are skillsets he had by the time he signed his first professional contract.

Yes managers can improve players, but they don't magically transform players into completely different types. The best manager in the world can't coach Adama Traore to have B.Silva's football intelligence, just like they can't magically make Dembele a Barcelona quality passer at the age of 22.

Yea I agree. He was a massive part of Liverpool's title challenging team at only 19 and the player England built their team around in the world cup 5 years ago.

jamrock

And a good manage used his strengths to turn him into a WC player.

That's what great managers do.

Hey you are good off the ball, with great movement let me teach you how to maximize they strengths to the benefit of the team.

Not oh you have great pace & can kill anyone in the open field, Let me set the team up in such away where you are literally always coming to receive the ball.

Do people here actually understand football?

Let us also not forget how a great manager turn a Class young winger into the best midfielder in the world, when we was already in his 20's.

Give any decent manager to the raw materials dembele has and he turns him into one of the most exciting going players in the world.

How do we know this? Because we have seen it beforem

Last edited:

Devils

pfft if Sterling was playing under Valverde for the last 2 years, he'd be a lost cause as well.

Nobody would be praising his skills or talent.

Dembele was really no different under Tuchel than Sterling was under Rodgers at Liverpool. Both were extremely exciting talents who had some improvements needed to their game.

Dembele came to Barca under Valverde and regressed. Sterling went to City under Pep and became the best winger in the world.

Last edited:

Tekkers

It's funny because pre-Pep, he was getting hated on in the same way Dembele gets hated on today.

the narrative was always this guy is one-dimensional winger who can't finish.

Just shows the effect of having a good manager.

He'd be a top 3 player in the world under Pep

Zidane82

Oddly enough although I like how he’s now willing to speak up against racism... I don’t rate him that highly as a player ..
I think that , along with Harry flippin’ Kane they are the two most overrated players around ..

Oddly enough although I like how he’s now willing to speak up against racism... I don’t rate him that highly as a player ..
I think that , along with Harry flippin’ Kane they are the two most overrated players around ..

Couldn't agree more regarding Sterling. Hope he goes to Real for 200m. Would end up being the 4th 'best player to play in the overrated E PUB L', to struggle in La Liga after Bale, Cou and soon to be hazard.

Home of Barca Fans