Raheem Sterling

Jenks

Virus going around the England squad apparently. Walcott rushed home and Sturridge being monitored, so Sterling and Lallana have been called up.

Theconomist

Sterling playing for the senior England squad at 17 impressive. Tomorrow there are going to be calls to include him in the ballon d'or shortlist if he scores.

Jenks

Hodgson has all but said that he won't play, but being around the squad would be a good experience for him. I don't think he'll play a big part, but I wouldn't be surprised to see him get a few minutes, if only to make sure he's tied down as an England player in the future, because he was born in Jamaica.

Gervinho

Has started 3 games in his whole career. 2 games in the league and 1 in the Europa League. has never scored or assisted for his club and has been picked for his country. i know England really lacks any quality, but how the hell did he get picked ahead of someone like nathan Dyer who has done really well for Swansea? its a joke and best bit was the journalist who asked Gerrard did he deserve to be picked. I know he has to say yes, but saying he has shown his quality at Liverpool and deserve his call was laughable

Robbie

Has started 3 games in his whole career. 2 games in the league and 1 in the Europa League. has never scored or assisted for his club and has been picked for his country. i know England really lacks any quality, but how the hell did he get picked ahead of someone like nathan Dyer who has done really well for Swansea? its a joke and best bit was the journalist who asked Gerrard did he deserve to be picked. I know he has to say yes, but saying he has shown his quality at Liverpool and deserve his call was laughable

He's only going to play for a few minutes. The only reason Hodgson is giving him the call-up is because Jamaica's FA has been inquiring about him.

Theconomist

so england are worried about jamaica taking a 17 year old from them.....thats even worse

A 17 year old who is half decent. But anyway best if luck to him. This kis impregnated 3 women in the span of a month last year so maybe he can convert his virility to energy on the pitch.

Robbie

so england are worried about jamaica taking a 17 year old from them.....thats even worse

He was born in Jamaica, his mother said she wants him to play for Jamaica, and he said himself that he'll go there if they call him up. Hodgson is just betting a meaningless spot on the bench on the small chance that Sterling could become top class. No risk involved, really.

Gervinho

He was born in Jamaica, his mother said she wants him to play for Jamaica, and he said himself that he'll go there if they call him up. Hodgson is just betting a meaningless spot on the bench on the small chance that Sterling could become top class. No risk involved, really.
so whats the point of having him in the bench? if he doesnt play for england, then he could still play for jamaica. I thought the whole idea was to get him before jamaica does, and for that he has to play

Robbie

Sub him in for a few meaningless minutes near the end of the game. The moment he steps from the bench onto the pitch, he officially has that 1 england cap that keeps him from going to Jamaica.

Jenks

I'm not sure that bit's actually true. I've seen it quoted as well in Jamaican articles as well, but they never cite a source and always say he said it 'some time ago'.

Jenks

Thought he had a good game today, topped off with a nice goal.

FrenchPertinentArabianhorse.gif

Home of Barca Fans