IFFHS:The strongest National League in the World 2010 was Spain

F

Flavia

The strongest National League in the World 2010:

Spain finished the English dominance of the last years !

The world ranking for the strongest national leagues has been determined annually by the IFFHS since 1991 on the basis of all national (championship, FA Cup) and (inter)continental (confederations & FIFA club competitions) results of the clubs. This principle has proved to be a very sensitive and an objective indicator. In particular, the world ranking 2010 has produced the following:

1st
The English Premier League is no longer the No.1 in the world. The Spanish Primera División is now The strongest League in the World.

2nd
In comparision with 2009 - Italy and Germany have exchanged the places among the "Top 7". The Italian Serie A has above all benefited from the performances of FC Internazionale Milano, while in the German Bundesliga many teams were inconsistent over the 12 months. This was confirmed by the failure of BV Borussia Dortmund, the clear leader of the Bundesliga, in the national cup competition and in the Europe League. As a consequence the German Bundesliga fell back to 5th place.

3rd
The largest movements in performance globally – compared to 2009 - was recorded by the leagues of Portugal (8th), Ecuador (13th), Russia (14th), Peru (16th), Denmark (17th), Colombia (20th), Egypt (23rd), Iran (31st), Cyprus (35th) and Bolivia (44th), all of which secured about a hundred more points.

4th
The largest deterioration in performance globally – compared to 2009 - was recorded by the leagues of Romania and Nigeria, each amassed a hundred points fewer. And clear reductions in performance were registered by the leagues of Turkey, the Czech Republic and Austria. Consequently, the promotion of the promotion of the Austrian Bundesliga is on hold for now.

5th
The leagues of Morocco, Qatar and Kuwait improved markedly and just missed the "Top 50", while the leagues of Botswana, Malawi and India made the "Top 100" for the first time. And if the league of Azerbaijan is again placed in the "Top 90" in 2011, it will promoted in the third highest group of performance.

6th
While the league of the Republic of Korea in 2010 confirmed its growing strength and was promoted (from 1st January 2011) to the 2nd highest group of performance - as 2nd Asian league -, the league of Saudi Arabia missed this goal. Nevertheless the leagues from Saudi Arabia and Iran remain potential candidates for promotion.

7th
In Africa the leagues from Tunisia and Algeria have the best chance in future of being promoted to the 2nd highest group of performance.

8th
In the CONCACAF area the Major League Soccer (USA) improved further and has a clear lead of the following countries - and behind the Mexican Primera División which is clear the strongest league of this footballing continent.

9th
In South America the Primera División of Ecuador has improved considerably and is the third-strongest league of this footballing continent, behind the leagues of Brazil and Argentina but ahead of Peru.

10th
The World‘s best Top Division Goal Scorer 2011 (including the most effective) will be determined from the 60 top leagues for the year 2010.

The Spanish Primera División will be honoured as The strongest League in the World 2010 on occasion of the World Football Gala 2011.

-----------

The classification of the best leagues of the world is made objectively without any outside influence of any sort. We follow the criteria that the level of performance of a league is reflected by the best classified teams of that league who in turn usually represent their country in international club competitions. If one looks at the football power-houses of the world, one notices that regularly 4 or 5 clubs of their leagues are always competing in continental competitions. By adding the points won in all competitions by the five best placed clubs of each league, we have the points for the country which in turn helps to establish a fair classification. It is important to note that only the yearly classification is representative, since all competitions move along the whole season and over twelve months, we have an objective view of the best. This system has been used since 1991, and it is recognized today as the most precise in rating the leagues of the world.

IFFHS

Top 10:

1. España 1092,0
2. England 1039,0
3. Italia 1021,0
4. Brasil 982,0
5. Deutschland 932,0
6. France 884,0
7. Argentina 861,0
8. Portugal 789,5
9. Nederland 787,5
10. Ukraine 709,0

It's just a list, but it will be funny to see some premier league comments.

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
:lol: it would have mattered if IFFHS had any credibility :lol:

Though I don't think there is a huge gap between la liga and epl. Though I think for in depth competition at this moment in time epl is way more stronger, but technically la liga is way more stronger. But you are quite right the IFFHS has no credibility at all.

I think the Bundesliga can be No.1 in the future in these rankings though because they have loads of exciting teams battling for the title plus the powerhouse of Bayern.

Antimilan

Though I don't think there is a huge gap between la liga and epl. Though I think for in depth competition at this moment in time epl is way more stronger, but technically la liga is way more stronger. But you are quite right the IFFHS has no credibility at all.

I think the Bundesliga can be No.1 in the future in these rankings though because they have loads of exciting teams battling for the title plus the powerhouse of Bayern.

Though if La Liga would have teams like MoneyChester City and Chelski, I would never watch a god damn game in this league, ever. It's originality and native-quantity makes it special.

Peerd

Notorious Demagogue
I lolled when I saw Peru and Colombia ahead of Egypt and Ecuador ahead of Russia......LOL.

What bullshit.

nebeer

Love is All
Sepp Blatter also said recently that Spanish League is the best league in the world. His point was that not even a single player from EPL made it into the FIFA pro Xl.

Home of Barca Fans