World's best midfielder

Who is the world's best midfielder(after X&I)

• Total voters

Der Kaiser

I voted for schweini. he can dominate the game both in offense and defense, scores important goals at bayern and is a nice guy and a classy sportsman.
a few weeks ago he asked the ref to undo a booking on a player who fouled him because he thought it wasn´t that much of a hard foul... come on, how often do we see that in modern football...

V

Valon

I wouldn't call Essien the most complete, his creativity lacks tbh.

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
Cambiasso.

I'm still completely baffled at Maradona not bringing him to the World Cup. All the praise he heaped upon Mascherano would have been better served on Esteban.

Daemul

previously known as Jonathan28
Essien? He cant be consisdered the best midfielder at all, maybe the best destroyer, but he severly lacks creativity.

IrvDizzle

Charlie Sheen's Protégé
I voted for Essien. out of all the players listed, he's the one who scares me the most when FCB plays against him. he's an absolute beast. technically sound, great shot, pacy, smart, physical ... passing obviously needs to improve, but otherwise I love watching him play.

Myrmecophile

Mr. Japes
It's Cesc or Schweinsteiger.

Essien's missed most of 2 of the last 3 seasons through injury and hasn't been that great this season on the whole anyway. It's not 2006 so Pirlo is out. I don't rate Alonso as highly as others on here seem to. Great player, but not on Fabregas or Schweinsteiger's (newfound) level imo.

El Gato

Villarato!
Xabi has every quality a perfect and true CM should have (that excludes Xavi since he isn't a mid, he's in the category of his own).

Corb

Special 1, 2, 3, 4, 5...
Yes, Sergio Busquets has improved a lot since his first season. He can play as a CM.

Home of Barca Fans