immaculately conceived
VINCENT KOMPANY

Oh Yeah.

Kompany_2493420.jpg

1m91
Belgium
muscular as fuck

kompany031009.jpg

He's intelligent, knows how to play football, technical skills, Physical ability, leader, multiple positions, good shot, good pass, ...

With Milito leaving, Puyol on average on the decline and Abidal still not being among my thoughts of a secure central defender, we surely need another CB before the youngsters such as Batra and Fontas are really going to take over.

Last edited:

Gnegneri

immaculately conceived
I have no idea, but I would like him to prove it. He sure has the potential and is having a great year at City.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
We should have included him in the deal for Yaya and shouldn't have bothered to sign Mascherano(I like the Masch now a days but then it's not like he's getting many minutes on the field! Kompany's is a different case though, rotating between the mid field and defense he'd sure get to play a lot)

There was huge talk that we were going to sign him for the previous year(because we'd lose the Africans for ACN and we were also looking for a CB) but it didn't really materialize now did it? He then went on to have a break through year last season and now is on course to become their main man in defense!!

With the way he's improved I dont think it would be possible to get him away from the Eastlands... Forget it

zanela

Although Puyol has lost consistency with age, he is still the driving force of the team, an indomitable figure in the most daunting and high-pressure scenarios. Has maintained very well for his age. I would say he has 2 good years left in him. By which our youngsters would rise up to the task.
If Kompany came now, he 'll effectively will be our third choice and won't appear as much as 'd like. Then he 'd take some time fitting to our system. And his employers sure as hell not gonna give away one of their prized assets on the cheap. The idea is to reduce the debt not add to it. Would he be worth the hassle?!
I'd rather bring Botia back as a Milito replacement than risk investment on a foreigner.

In short, drop the Vincent obsession! :p

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
he was great in FM back in the day.

then for years he looked like he'd never be as good as he was on the game.

then Citeh were forced to play him at CB and he turned into a monster.

crackin' player, but not worth the hassle. frankly if we're gonna sign a Puyol replacement from outside (we shouldn't, but IF we did) it should be the GodKing of Defensive Beasts: Bruno Alves.

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
Bruno Alves would cost twice as much as he's worth.

Sadly Kompany is too. The man is a baller though, I remember for years he got a lot of hate as result to being overhyped and I'm glad he's proven to be quality.

House of Flies

all your bases belong to us
Bruno Alves would cost twice as much as he's worth.

Sadly Kompany is too. The man is a baller though, I remember for years he got a lot of hate as result to being overhyped and I'm glad he's proven to be quality.

off the luiz wagon?

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
I actually was going to make a comment about how Barca could use a player like Luiz, but I figured it was redundant.

Home of Barca Fans