Vincent Kompany

Co0ter

Kompany has quickly become one of my top CB targets for Barca. I can't help admit that I've really enjoyed watching City this year. I like a lot of their players...especially now that they have Dzeko. Kompany has been a total BEAST and is the glue in that City defense. When he has a bad game the whole defense goes to shit.

I don't think he's as technical as Thiago Silva or David Luiz but he's definately as solid. For me Thiago Silva is still the best option- he's just awesome. The only thing he'd have to work on just a little is his positioning and what a better place to do it than with Pep. Even considering that, we hold a high backline 80 percent of the game so it wouldn't be a major problem...and if they get behind our defense who else would you want than Thiago, he's hands down the fastest CB I've seen.

Muse23

Kompany with an outer space performance today, even tho they lost. His passes, tackles, ... Everything was perfect. Godlike

Bergkamp10

He is such a beast. I think going to Hamburg and developing there was the best thing he could have done for his career - as oppose to going to Chelsea/Madrid who all wanted him when he was at Anderlecht. Meant he got regular playing time and was more than ready for a move to a bigger challenge. Hope Lukaku does the same.

Last edited:

zanela

Kompany with an outer space performance today, even tho they lost. His passes, tackles, ... Everything was perfect. Godlike

Whats with all the hyperbole with your posts here? Kompany had a far from perfect first half. He could've offered better cover to Joe hart on that first goal. There was some sloppy passing as well. The sec half had AV camp in their own half for the most part which meant he didn't 've to deal much.

B

blueduck

I was talking with a rag today and he was saying Kompany was a defensive midfielder. :facepalm:

He also said Richard Dunne was better and we shouldn't have sold him... muppet.

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
Kompany is a beast. a way underrated defender. one of the top 5 in the PL for sure. Rio and Vidic are for sure better, but then you have the likes of Ivanovic, Alex, Hangeland, etc. and I think Kompany's on their level for sure.

I was talking with a rag today and he was saying Kompany was a defensive midfielder. :facepalm:

should tell him to stop playing Football Manager 2007 and buy a newer version. :lol:

He also said Richard Dunne was better and we shouldn't have sold him... muppet.

:lol::lol:

Muse23

For those who are still hesitating, better watch the derby atm. Rooney can't get past him, commentators are loving him, etc etc

Silver

In his youth he played as centre midfielder. Later he became defensive midfielder and CB. Anderlecht played him sometimes as DM and sometimes as CB. Ferguson already noticed him when he was by Anderlecht and scouted him personal during CL matches.

Home of Barca Fans