Vincent Kompany

Alarcón

Here’s Vincent Kompany: “Maybe we had a bit too much respect for them. They were there for the taking.”

Here’s Roy Keane on Kompany’s comments: “He’s obviously a bit tired after the game. I’m not sure he knows what he’s talking about.”

:lol:

Yeah that comment from Keane was brilliant :lol:

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
Here’s Vincent Kompany: “Maybe we had a bit too much respect for them. They were there for the taking.”

Here’s Roy Keane on Kompany’s comments: “He’s obviously a bit tired after the game. I’m not sure he knows what he’s talking about.”

:lol:

Oh snap! :lol:

Moose

Some of his statements in the post match interview:

Barca weren't the best side City have played this season

Could have a point with that quote as Bayern absolutely demolished them earlier this season. Bayern are still my clear favourites for the CL this year.

Galning

I need footage of the game to show how many times he screwed up. His positioning is terrible. His defending when Piqué's goal was wrongly disallowed was cringeworthy, he also was the one who was standing behind his defensive line so that Messi wasn't offside for the penalty. If we just lost 2-0 and Piqué defended like this everybody would go insane. Watch the highlights of the game and look how many times he screws up when Barça get a chance. Cost them 2 legit goals tonight.

He is a good defender 1 v 1, in duels, when using his power, in playing the ball, technique, ... but nowhere near as good as people make him out to be.

JamDav1982

Could have a point with that quote as Bayern absolutely demolished them earlier this season. Bayern are still my clear favourites for the CL this year.

Bayern are favourites but they went to the Etihad with much less pressure than Barca tonight.

Catorce

Cruijff's Heir
I also think that players in the Prem should realize their notion of what's a foul and not isn't necessarily the correct one. They are used to foul play, rough tackles and more. That doesn't mean that whenever a ref doesn't let the game get in that direction it's a consipracy against them or anything of the lame 'uefalona' excuse.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Roy was bang on after that embarrassing interview by Kompany, he was probably so tired he didn't really think it through...I thought he was quite impressive on the ball and showed good speed but like others have mentioned, his two errors led to goals (One of which was incorrectly ruled offside)...In a competition like this, doesn't reflect a player who has been touted as 'one of the best'

zealot

I need footage of the game to show how many times he screwed up. His positioning is terrible. His defending when Piqué's goal was wrongly disallowed was cringeworthy, he also was the one who was standing behind his defensive line so that Messi wasn't offside for the penalty. If we just lost 2-0 and Piqué defended like this everybody would go insane. Watch the highlights of the game and look how many times he screws up when Barça get a chance. Cost them 2 legit goals tonight.

He is a good defender 1 v 1, in duels, when using his power, in playing the ball, technique, ... but nowhere near as good as people make him out to be.

+1 In other words he showed poor tactical awareness, a big no no for Barca defenders, who usually has to deal with a large area behind them when in possession. And Im sure our scouting staffs are already aware of this.

Home of Barca Fans