Which players should FC Barcelona buy in the upcoming years and why?

Peerd

Notorious Demagogue
I wouldn't even want Bale for free. Brainless British player who can only run and run. He has 0% tika taka value. Let him run like a horse in the EPL.

Ode to Django

You're not even a real journalism
I wouldn't even want Bale for free. Brainless British player who can only run and run. He has 0% tika taka value. Let him run like a horse in the EPL.

True, he also has awesome crosses but at his club he has Peter Crouch to aim at, at Barcelona he would have Bojan & Messi :lol:

dalitis8

Banned
It's not only tiki-taka that you need.

The sheer oomph from Alves and Bale at both wings will tear teams apart even more easily and readily that that happens now.

DucdeOrléans

Bale can't defend and his passing is not the best. So as a left back he sucks (overall) and as a winger he does not score enough goals.

Alexis Sanchez>Bale any day of the week.

Trequartista

The good
-Someone like Drogba is vital for the current Barca team,he has a different profile than all of the current strikers at Barca,he will add the strength and height needed for the attacking line plus he can be a very good plan B for teams playing with Deep Defense,one of the best merits of Drogba is the way he creates spaces for others,something the attacking line misses now,Messi creates spaces for Pedro and Villa when he drops deep,Drogba will be able to create spaces for those coming behind in a different way,he is also 33 and he is willing to do some bench time to win the champions league,he will not cost a lot since Chelsea are probably willing to seel,wages maybe high but I will take that risk
-Coentrao maybe indeed overrated but he will be able to a better job than Maxwell,his versatility will allow Pep to use different formaions of 4-3-3 and my favourite 3-1-4-2 formation that Pep used against Kazan in the camp and against Valencia in the Mestalla,he will be a very good option in the future and He wont block Muniesa as they are completely different type of fullbacks plus both are versatile,signing a quality LB is not a priority but I would welcome that
Cesc:No need at least in the next 5 years
Pato:good option but not now until we see what happens to Bojan
Sanchez:he wont be happy to sit on bench and Noone will do the 3rd attacking spot better than him
Sakho:never saw him to be honest but I heard great things about him

DucdeOrléans

I like the idea of Drogba becoming another Larsson (he has all the abilities to succeed in a similar role) but I doubt he would move just to have the same role as Bojan has now. And he also would not be that cheap.

Why not buy a upcoming man instead? I mean it is not realistic to see Drogba in a Larsson role yet. Maybe in 2-3 years and then who knows how good he will be.

Yes but is he worth 30 million euros? I don't think so.

I just gave some examples of players I would rather see in the team than Drogba and Coentrao. If Milito leaves then we need a defender. Sakho would be a great option. If Bojan leaves on-loan/will be sold, then Sanchez would be a great buy because of his versatility, talent and potential. He would get plenty of playing time.

Cesc we all know would be a great buy, just a luxurious one.

Pato could be the best long-term option for Villa.

A

AljoBarça

BUYINGS OF SUMMER 2011

Sakho
Nagatomo (first choice) / Bale
Cesc
Sanchez

Onuphrius

Transfers for 2011 summer:

IN:

Good backup striker. Someone who can help rotating MVP and can be used as a supersub-kinda player. He should be someone with experience, cause there will not be alot of playing time but he still needs to be able to produce when needed. At the same time he would reduce pressure put on Bojans shoulders. Someone who could be considered as a 2-3 year solution to our little striker crisis. After that Bojan should be able to challenge Villa and if not, we are forced to search new potential strikers from transfermarket. Price should be somewhere between 10 and 15m€. Someone like Rossi, Nilmar and Llorente are just too expensive to put on the bench.

Othervise our squad looks pretty good. Thiago will rotate with Xavi and Iniesta, so any useless nonsense about Cesc is just, well, useless nonsense. We have Fontas, Abi and Milito as substitute centerbacks and Adriano, Maxwell, Montoya and Bartra as fullbacks. Unless anyone leaves, we should not go and waste our money on next transferwindow.

OUT:

We should sell pretty much all our players who are currently on loan from first team. Someone from trio Botia-Henrique-Caceres could be useful if Milito desides to leave, but others (Keirrison, Hleb etc) just dont have a future wearing Barcelona shirts.

Also Jeffren needs to play (if he ever is fit enough), so he should be sent on loan to some lower mid-table la liga team.

TheStig

OUT: everybody on loan, Maxwell, Keita, Milito

IN: Neymar/Pato, Thiago Silva

I really miss that Brazilian flare and tricks in current Barca. I want to see another great Brazilian with superb skill as in the past (Ronaldo, Rivaldo, Ronaldinho).

Just imagine this squad in a few years:

......Valdes....
Alves...Pique...Thiago Silva...Adriano
........Busquets.....
....Thiago...Iniesta
Pedro...Messi...Neymar

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans