Which players should FC Barcelona buy in the upcoming years and why?

Blaugrana94

Barcelona in 2012/2013: Valdes (Mino) - Bale (Muniesa), Pique (Puyol), Sakho/Kjær (Fontas) and Alves (Bartra/Montoya) - Busquets (Mascherano), Iniesta (Thiago) and Xavi (Keita) - Messi (Jeffren), Pedro (Afellay) and Pato/Agüero (Villa)

I really like our current squad and hoping for as few changes as possible.

B

barcelona6

Forget about Cesc in the Summer,we desperatley need another CB.I mean we only have Puyol injured and we have to sacrafice another position (LB) to fill in at CB.We sold Marquez and the Ukrainian in the summer and brought in zero replacements,whats all that about?

Birdy

guys, stop thinking about Bale.. HE is great player, but hell lot expensive...
Also, the guy plays at left md in tottenham and not LB.. It would be uneven and you cannot afford to have both alvez and bale at FB.. Thats why abidal is great.. He is the best possible balance for Alvez..

I agree for a CB, apart from Fotas.. But a creative midfielder is also needed to backup Xaviniesta..

Last edited:
B

barcelona6

guys, stop thinking about Bale.. HE is great player, but hell lot expensive...
Also, the guy plays at left md in tottenham and not LB.. It would be uneven and you cannot afford to have both alvez and bale at FB.. Thats why abidal is great.. He is the best possible balance for Alvez..

I agree for a CB, apart from Fotas.. But a creative midfielder is also needed to backup Xaviniesta..

I think we are fine in midfield.Thiago will have more playing time next year,Busquets can play Xavis position if he is injured then we would play Macherano in DM.Not sure if Keita will still be here.

I would rather we bought another foward as well as a CB because we need to rotate the front 3 more as they seem to be getting tired.

javinglish

Let's have into consideration that Barça's starting 11 are basically untouchable and any new buys will be subs straight from day one, at least for one more season and for most of the positions on the pitch.

Is the club gonna be ready to pay 20-30-50 mil for a sub? Apart from Cesc (who I don't consider a sub), I don't think so.

DucdeOrléans

Interesting answers guys. But let me ask you another question.

Which players would be best able to adjust to our "special" (it really is) playing style?

Certainly Alexis Sanchez and Pastore. But others?

Home of Barca Fans