• Keirrison 14

Votes: 5 3.7%
  • Other

Votes: 2 1.5%

• Total voters

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
This list is taking into account fees paid and performances. So bear both things in mind when you vote. I thought about incorporating wages as well but those info are hard to get.
Each name has a corresponding price Barca paid in mil. euros.
Note: I won´t just count the votes. You will have to post in the topic as to confirm you´ve watched FCB since 2000.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
When I looked at our top 20 most expensive list I realized most of those expensive signings were either unnecessary or completely useless.

Beast

The Observer
I wanted to vote Ibra as in value for money principle but K9 playing zero games wins it for me

V

Valon

Overmars. We got ripped off and he was crap. The worst thing is we bought 2 flops that year, Petit too.

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
Overmars for me too 40m for him was way over the top when you could have for a superior talent in Pires for about £5m

Special mention for Saviola at £36m too. What a waste of money.

I watched a lot of Barca games in the early 00's with Maria live at the nou camp so I can speak from first hand experience too. Whilst £15m for Petit was a lot every time I saw him play he was pretty effective for you. I wouldn't say Petit was amongst your worst signings tbh.

10Rivaldo

Hoy, mañana y siempre traductor
Overmars for me. Spending all the Figo money for Overmars and Petit? :facepalm: Ibrahimovic, Chygrynskiy, Hleb...these signings are nothing compared to what we had to put up with during Gaspart era.

Myrmecophile

Mr. Japes
So many awful buys...

Alfonso deserves a special mention even though he probably wasn't the costliest.

More recently the money spent on Caceres, Henrique, K9 and Chygrynskiy when you consider the players we have in the B team is/was just criminal.

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
Overmars was unlucky with injuries. when he was fit, he was good.

Zlatan scored 20+ goals, including the winner in El Clasico (how short are your memories?!) and crucial away gols vs. Stuttgart and Arsenal, and was a part of our team that pounded our way to 99 points and a glorious league win. he didn't cost 69m either, more like 45/48m. too much? damn right. but he achieved too much to be considered a flop.

the Jat had it spot-on: Geovanni wins this hands down. considering the size of the fee and the sheer inability to produce. Christanval a close second.

not surprised he hardly has any votes though. short memories all over the place here. not to mention copious johnny-come-latelys who probably have no idea of Barca pre-Laporta.

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
Man, we signed a lot of terrible players, haven't we? Zlatan and Overmars were ridiculously overpriced even before you take injuries and attitude into account, but we paid good money for a lot of terrible, terrible footballers.

Geovanni was really 21M? Holy shit.

J

Jordzibob

=/

We really are shit at signing players. This is only the top twenty list aswell, doesnt include idiots like Guily on there.

Thankgod for our youth system, we'd be screwed, :lol:

Home of Barca Fans