28 16.47%
  • Keirrison 14

5 2.94%
  • Other

3 1.76%
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Worst FCB buy of the decade

Hybrid View

Where the water is warm, the drinks are cold... and I don't know the names of the players.

Worst FCB buy of the decade

This list is taking into account fees paid and performances. So bear both things in mind when you vote. I thought about incorporating wages as well but those info are hard to get.
    Each name has a corresponding price Barca paid in mil. euros.
    Note: I won´t just count the votes. You will have to post in the topic as to confirm you´ve watched FCB since 2000.

all your bases belong to us House of Flies's Avatar
    hands down geovanni

worst player that we have ever signed.

Charlie Sheen's Protégé IrvDizzle's Avatar
    Zlatan
    The Life and Times of IrvDizzle according to Chucky
    Quote Originally Posted by Chucka View Post
    Irv love to arrive at times of hardship, he wants to lurk, but is being made to work. He hates his boss, he wears too much Hugo Boss, it stinks out the place, he wants to give someone a race, although he owns a Ford, it gets him bored, but it's the only one he can afford, because hes IrvIN and he lives in a bin.

PTC 4 LIFE

Where the water is warm, the drinks are cold... and I don't know the names of the players.
    When I looked at our top 20 most expensive list I realized most of those expensive signings were either unnecessary or completely useless.

I wanted to vote Ibra as in value for money principle but K9 playing zero games wins it for me
    Say NO to "Gif" signature

Quote Originally Posted by Beast View Post
    I wanted to vote Ibra as in value for money principle but K9 playing zero games wins it for me
    Same.

Catalunya no és Espanya - Catalonia is not Spain

Valon
    Overmars. We got ripped off and he was crap. The worst thing is we bought 2 flops that year, Petit too.

Overmars for me too 40m for him was way over the top when you could have for a superior talent in Pires for about £5m

Special mention for Saviola at £36m too. What a waste of money.

I watched a lot of Barca games in the early 00's with Maria live at the nou camp so I can speak from first hand experience too. Whilst £15m for Petit was a lot every time I saw him play he was pretty effective for you. I wouldn't say Petit was amongst your worst signings tbh.
    "Its not about the long ball or the short ball, its about the right ball."
    Bob Paisley.

Quote Originally Posted by Edward View Post
    Overmars for me too 40m for him was way over the top when you could have for a superior talent in Pires for about £5m

Special mention for Saviola at £36m too. What a waste of money.

I watched a lot of Barca games in the early 00's with Maria live at the nou camp so I can speak from first hand experience too. Whilst £15m for Petit was a lot every time I saw him play he was pretty effective for you. I wouldn't say Petit was amongst your worst signings tbh.
    Superior talent? Overmars was amazing with arsenal. His injuries destroyed him.

Looking at the poll is making me exceptionally sad.

Since I started watching 2002 I won't vote, but it has to be Zlatan or Overmars.
    "Just because I don't watch La Liga, it doesn't mean I don't know who the players are."
    Someone questions whether Guillem Laporta is a good player.
    "I don't know him.... He'll be another crap player. "
    - VivaUnited

Rayo

Not an easy decision...

Hoy, mañana y siempre traductor 10Rivaldo's Avatar
    Overmars for me. Spending all the Figo money for Overmars and Petit? Ibrahimovic, Chygrynskiy, Hleb...these signings are nothing compared to what we had to put up with during Gaspart era.

So many awful buys...

Alfonso deserves a special mention even though he probably wasn't the costliest.

More recently the money spent on Caceres, Henrique, K9 and Chygrynskiy when you consider the players we have in the B team is/was just criminal.

Banned
    Overmars was unlucky with injuries. when he was fit, he was good.

Zlatan scored 20+ goals, including the winner in El Clasico (how short are your memories?!) and crucial away gols vs. Stuttgart and Arsenal, and was a part of our team that pounded our way to 99 points and a glorious league win. he didn't cost 69m either, more like 45/48m. too much? damn right. but he achieved too much to be considered a flop.

the Jat had it spot-on: Geovanni wins this hands down. considering the size of the fee and the sheer inability to produce. Christanval a close second.

not surprised he hardly has any votes though. short memories all over the place here. not to mention copious johnny-come-latelys who probably have no idea of Barca pre-Laporta.

Thread Information