Mario Gomez

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Tall German striker from Stuttgart and an open fan of FC Barcelona.

View attachment 353

Mario Gomez is Stuttgart`s top goalscorer for few seasons now. He`s still young, only 23 but already experienced in Bundesliga.
Overall he scored 49 goals in 107 matches and is one of the strikers that I rate highly in Bundesliga.
With Ibisevic out injured, Toni would be obvious choice for no1 and for me Gomez is up there among these 2.
Apart from his obvious scoring abilities he`s also fairly technical. Already accumulated 10 assist this season.

His father is a Spaniard so in case Barca signs him some day he would probably adapt quickly.

mmandela

Sueco estrella
Yes maybe so, but what he did in the European Championship was extremely bad!
But he had a great season in stuttgart before that... he has scored 11 goals in bundesliga so far this season...
In case we would by him, a good thing is that he likes Barca... Still i don't think he is good enough for us.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
I see you already like him more ;)
I don`t consider him as 1st choice striker material. Maybe someone we can use as a good backup as he would offer us a new dimension in attack

roll

Tryin` to be hated
mmandela you`ll figure out that Bojan is a big fan of target man player. Gomez, Cruz, Toni and Zigic type of player.
As for Gomez, I think that he is one of the best available target mans on the market. He loves Barca, he is still young and he could be a good backup player. Definitely better than Zigic and Cruz but he sure costs more...

Last edited:

mmandela

Sueco estrella
haha yeah so i've noticed ;) Maybe we can buy Jan Koller, he is BIG :lol:
No maybe you're right, but it doesn't feel like he has the quality that Barca enquires... Torres or Ibrahimovic would be the dream, but both of them are very hard to get i'm afraid...

roll

Tryin` to be hated
Ah, I just meant to post that goal.
Demba Ba from Hoffenheim was spectacular in this game.

Home of Barca Fans