Javi Martínez

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Javier "Javi" Martínez Aguinaga, born 2 September 1988 in Estella-Lizarra, Navarre) is a Spanish footballer who plays for Athletic Bilbao in La Liga, as a central midfielder.

Athletic de Bilbao signed Martínez as a raw 17-year old for €6 million, in the summer of 2006, from CA Osasuna despite him never having played a first team game.

Martínez soon became a regular in the side in his debut season with his powerful displays, with his highlight being scoring twice against Deportivo de La Coruña, on 16 December 2006 in a 2–0 away success.

He finished the campaign with 35 matches and three goals, and again was ever present in the following two, helping Athletic to the 2009 Spanish Cup final.

At the age of 19, Martínez began appearing for Spain's U21, representing the nation at the 2009 European Championships in Sweden, in a group stage exit. He's one of the youngest players in the team.

He’s a big, strong player who can hold opposition players off with ease. He charges forward powerfully and has a rocket of a shot and also has a good range of passing which he uses to good effect. He’s not a particularly solid player defensively but he can be a beast going forward and could excel in a team where he’s surrounded by better players than Athletic can offer. Blessed with vision, physical strength and boundless energy, the rangy central midfielder can be played a play-maker as well as a box to box mid fielder. He's a big threat in set-pieces due to his size and aerial prowess.

Martínez also played for the Spanish national team and was a member of the squad that won the 2010 FIFA World Cup.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I can't believe there's no page yet!!

Last edited:

beef-supreme

I swear there's already a Javi Martinez thread. There was a massie Javi Martinez cult thread even just a couple of years ago!!

SoMa

Guess hes not ending up with the mercenaries next season after today.

Would be a fantastic signing for both midfield and defense.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
He's totally signing for us and having his revenge... woobie's logic has gone down the drain after tonight :pep:

Caramel

Can you tell what happened?
Was watching François Hollande and Sarkozy fight at the time. :(

EDIT: Okay, found out alone. Classy from Cr7, as always :party1:

M

mitkoa7x

I read Javi Martinez' father died recently but this incident has nothing to do with it.
I summon Ryan to clear things up!

abual3bed1

I read somewhere that Ronaldo said: we are the liga champions.

Javi responded: I'm a world champion. then Ronaldo did what he did.

if true.. SIGN

M

mitkoa7x

Cristiano seems to be saying "toma" meaning "take it" so my guess would be they taunted eachother

Ryan_Cule

barça amor d mi alma
Javi Martinez to Cristiano after Real Madrid won La Liga in Bilbao: Don't celebrate too much, I'm a WorldCup champion and you're not

M

mitkoa7x

I prefer him over every other CB rumored to be linked with us.

Home of Barca Fans