Frank Bagnack

onyxx

I was very pleasantly surprised with Bagnack the other day. I have seen many B team CB's make their A team debut (Muniesa, Fontas, Bartra) but felt they were/are all lacking, they were either to slow or two eager and all over the place. Bagnack was very promising, he had speed, calmness, composure, good on the tackle and very communicative with his surroundings. Place this kid next to Puyol or Pique and he will learn fast, I hope he gets the chance as he could be the next cantera surprise!

SamperFCB

Don't expect to much of Bagnack. A lot of you are overrating him already without seeing him more than 45 minutes.

Seen him many times at Juvenil A and he's a talented CB, but has problems to stay focussed for 90 minutes. Basically every match he plays, he makes one crucial mistake. His overall qualities are good, but his focus needs to be much, much better. At this moment Edgar Ié is much more suited and close to the first team than Bagnack in my opinion. But we will see. A centreback duo of Bagnack - Edgar at Barca B would be lovely. More talented and a bigger potential than Muniesa/Fontas - Bartra.

onyxx

I agree that we shouldn't expect to much this early on but you can usually tell pretty quickly if someone has the thing you are looking for or not. On the other hand I don't know of any 17 year old that can stay focused for 90 minutes, hopefully in time he will learn. In my opinion Bartra does not have the qualities to play first team football and neither did Fontas nor Muniesa. This kid could have it and I feel that it is unnecessary to waste time on Bartra just because he is a cantera player, he just doesn't have it. If the fourth CB is to be a cantera player I rather see this kid get the chance as he has better potential to grab a first team spot in a couple of years.

Lets see if he fumbles during the gamper, the retraction of my opinion can come very quickly ;)

Last edited:

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Don't expect to much of Bagnack. A lot of you are overrating him already without seeing him more than 45 minutes.

Seen him many times at Juvenil A and he's a talented CB, but has problems to stay focussed for 90 minutes. Basically every match he plays, he makes one crucial mistake. His overall qualities are good, but his focus needs to be much, much better. At this moment Edgar Ié is much more suited and close to the first team than Bagnack in my opinion. But we will see. A centreback duo of Bagnack - Edgar at Barca B would be lovely. More talented and a bigger potential than Muniesa/Fontas - Bartra.

That's the thing, I don't think anyone is praising him for what he is already (or at least I think they're not), the praise is for what he looks like he could be in the future. He's very composed and calm looking, but he does have lapses in focus and in the game he lost his marker sometimes. A season or two with the B team will show him the fast, physical side of the game and make him evolve in that respect and rigorous training with the first team under Martino will help sharpen him up a bit. The potential he has is great and he's only 18, so he has a lot of time to correct his faults and become solid.

Sergio16

Is it true that there might not be any new CB coming through if the David Luiz deal falls through? Could that then explain why Tata is giving this youngster to train with the seniors? Perhaps he'll feature quite a bit this season..

Meitux

Hes not ready yet,the point of signing a CB was to get someone experienced and good enough to be a regular starter.I don't think he is the answer at least for now.

funsize1984

Hes not ready yet,the point of signing a CB was to get someone experienced and good enough to be a regular starter.I don't think he is the answer at least for now.

has he even started with the B team for a whole year? I don't think he is ready yet either.

JamDav1982

has he even started with the B team for a whole year? I don't think he is ready yet either.

He has barely been in the b team at all as not been promoted until this summer.

For me he looked at least 2/3 years away from being ready for the first team consideration.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Not ready but definitely the best CB in the cantera atm...Positionally was taken to school at one point against Santos but these are valuable learning experiences for the player...not nearly enough to negate the ineptitude of Eusebio, of course

Maria

A season or two with the B team will show him the fast, physical side of the game and make him evolve in that respect and rigorous training with the first team under Martino will help sharpen him up a bit. The potential he has is great and he's only 18, so he has a lot of time to correct his faults and become solid.

That's what we were saying about Sergi Gomez 2 y.a. and look where he is now..

Maria

@Maria are you against optimism? you seem pessimistic about everything recently

In what football is concerned, I always been like this(even when we were still the best team in the world). But in this particular case I think I'm being realistic.

Leroy

Brown
Starting against Thailand. Big opportunity for the young lad to show his best. Let's see if he can keep concentration up for however long he plays.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
That's what we were saying about Sergi Gomez 2 y.a. and look where he is now..

Doesn't always have to end up the same way. Bagnack obviously has caught the eye of Tata and will get some games and train a lot with the first team. Sure we thought guys like Bartra, Gomez, and Muniesa would make it and they ended up not being as good as we thought they'd be, but circumstances change and there is a good chance that he can make it if he buckles down and works hard.

Home of Barca Fans