Barca (and pro futbol) daily player schedules?

BerkeleyBernie

Can anyone enlighten me as to how much time pro players are required to put in outside of games and travel? I assume players take responsibility for some part of their own fitness training, but what is a typical contractually mandated work week when there is one weekend game scheduled? How many team practices? How long? Content of those practices?

I'm sure each team/coach is different, so I'm curious about both Barca and any other teams anyone knows about.

House of Flies

all your bases belong to us
Can anyone enlighten me as to how much time pro players are required to put in outside of games and travel? I assume players take responsibility for some part of their own fitness training, but what is a typical contractually mandated work week when there is one weekend game scheduled? How many team practices? How long? Content of those practices?

I'm sure each team/coach is different, so I'm curious about both Barca and any other teams anyone knows about.

typically they have 2 sessions per day for training except for days where they have matches from what i can recall.

most of these training sessions are focused on technical skills rather than strength as we are a team that emphasizes good first touch than anything (i remember henry standing on a barrel and he had to touch the ball once to divert it to other players)

Home of Barca Fans