Best Manager of All Time?

Best Manager?

• Bill Shankly (Liverpool)

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Ernst Happel (Hamburg, Feyenoord, Holland)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sir Matt Busby (Manchester Utd)

• Miguel Munoz (Real Madrid)

Votes: 2 3.1%
  • Johan Cruyff (Ajax, Barcelona)

Votes: 21 32.8%
  • Arrigo Sacchi (AC Milan

Votes: 3 4.7%
  • Sir Alex Ferguson (Aberdeen, Manchester Utd

Votes: 27 42.2%
  • Marcelo Lippi (Juventus, Italy)

• Brian Clough (Derby County, Nottingham Forrest)

• JocK Stein (Celtic, Scotland

• Helenio Herrera (Atletico,Barca, Inter)

Votes: 6 9.4%

• Total voters

Chainsaw

Killahead
Yes, Wikipedia told me as well.

But was he really that great? Cause I know all the other names and since some of the big names aren't there, I'm asking myself if he belongs in the list or not.

The thing is, the list is TOO Britained (as expected).

silky_soccer

Fireman Sam
i think Stein does deserve his place, he was excellent with Scotland aswell. And Winning the European Cup with Celtic was an amazing achievement, considering the great sides he had to compete with at the time.

The thing is, the list is TOO Britained (as expected).

So you dont think Bill Shankly, Matt Busby, Alex Ferguson and Brian Clough deserve to be there?

Daemul

previously known as Jonathan28
Who the hell is Jock Stein?

:omg: Jock Stein is a Celtic and Scotland Legend! He's the man who natured Sir Alex and made him the great maanager he is today. I prefer Rangers but even I have to admit Stein was GOD!

Player, Manager, Winner, Caesar! :worthy:

EDIT:Why the fuck is Lippi there? :hmm:

Last edited:

Chainsaw

Killahead
So you dont think Bill Shankly, Matt Busby, Alex Ferguson and Brian Clough deserve to be there?

Well...between those names I only know Ferguson, AND... I don't like him. He's a great coach but still overrated. The thing is, in the manner of worldwide reputation nobody gives a damn how many trophies you win in domestic league, as much as they care about how many titles you win on abroad competitions. And for a coach like Ferguson who is in Man United for near 30 years, winning two CLs in not sucha huge damn thing. The award that Ancelotti and Mourinho won in a very shorter times.

silky_soccer

Fireman Sam
Well...between those names I only know Ferguson, AND... I don't like him. He's a great coach but still overrated. The thing is, in the manner of worldwide reputation nobody gives a damn how many trophies you win in domestic league, as much as they care about how many titles you win on abroad competitions. And for a coach like Ferguson who is in Man United for near 30 years, winning two CLs in not sucha huge damn thing. The award that Ancelotti and Mourinho won in a very shorter times.

Sir Alex Ferguson has done an incredible job, to Call him overrated, well its ridiculous. Every Manager in world football is overrated if he is.

Bill Shankly, he basically made liverpool what they were, Paisley (another i forgot, sorry) wouldnt have won what he won for Liverpool if it wasnt for Shankly, turned them from a 2nd division side to a Euro Power.

Sir Matt Busby - Founder of the busby babes, then rebuilt the side after the munich crash, Won countless league title titles and won the European Cup (Best, Law, Charlton)

Brian Clough - Turned Nottingham Forest into European Cup winners, nuff said.

Where is the most successful manager in CL history Bob Paisley?

Yeah just realised i forgot him...:lol:

quite difficult to remember them all. But if i did, thee would be like 30 names

V

Valon

Between Rinus Michels, Helenio Herreira and Alex Ferguson for me. I voted for Fergi.

Sergio

Sergison
I think is too much a British orientated list there, like you haven't included some very important managers there like Pozzo, Capello, Rocco or Trapattoni, managers that not only built very successful teams, but also showed fantastical tactical skills, even moved the game forward greatly in how it is played tactically now. Where as I don't think you can say that of quite a few on that list, who put together great sides, and motivated them well, but can't really be said to have left a tactical legacy like the great Italian managers have. For me its Nereo Rocco, not the inventor of catenaccio, but certainly its prime advocate. I don't think there is any manager that has had more impact on making successful sides through their organisational and tactical ideas than he has had.

Cal-FCB

Wurzeltron
Very difficult choice. Personally I have to go for Fergie. His ability to succeed over such a long time and in a changing environment is something unique. Although managers often aren't given that kind of time any more, it's still highly impressive. It's difficult to compare from different eras though. There's a difference between reading about achievements and stories in the past, and watching a manager's success before your eyes.

Home of Barca Fans