Barcelona Dominance...

dalitis8

Banned
If Chelski remain at their current levels and have to face us...it will be a bloodbath.

But I think they will improve at some stage.

IrvDizzle

Charlie Sheen's Protégé
I remember after 2006 I thought FCB would win back-to-back CLs and dominate for 4-5 years. Football is like life; everyone is running as fast as they can to stay exactly where they are. Barca must keep pushing for players who can offer a different point of attack or a different formation. if Pep can get players who allow this and use them in formations to keep the free flowing passing game going, then yes, we will see an era of continued success. if not, then teams will begin to get the better of Barca and we'll have a repeat of 2007/2008.

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
and Ronaldinho was an inch away from beating them too.

Every inch counts ;)

Anyway, whilst this current incumbent of Barcelona are for sure in the top 10 of greatest of all time, I think you do need to win back to back CL titles to really stake a claim as the No.1 team ever.

Barcelona, Juve and Man u are the only 3 out of the biggest clubs not to win back to back CL titles. People might not think it is important but in this modern era to win back to back would really signal yourselfs as legit claimers to the GOAT.

I don't really have an opinion who that title belongs to. I personally loved the football Hungary played in the 50's (you know through reading and watching on video) and the Milan side in the late 80's and early 90's had the tactical brilliance of the Italians mixed with the imagination and artistry of the Dutch and mixed together that was something special.

I suppose only when this Barca team evolves again will we see what the 08-11 side was like. (I don't have the Rijkaard era in my top 10).

gingerless

personally i believe CL in the modern day is harder to achieve than it was years ago, for various reasons icbf mentioning

J

Jordzibob

Graham may have told a little porky in there, because the TV Debate actually happened a few days after the CL Final, so Cundy coudlnt of rung him up on the night and said "I was wrong", but that's irrelavent, because he owned Cundy to such a hilarious extent that by the end of the argument Cundy was reduced to shouting over the top of Graham, "THE PREMIER LEAGUE IS BETTER THAN LA LIGA, THE PREMIER LEAGUE IS BETTER, THE PREMIER LEAGUE IS BETTER", it was like omfg, :lol:

But yeh, Graham Hunter is just the man. If they had a Balon'dor of football journalists, him and Sid Lowe would be the top two pretty much every year.

EDIT: I found the link! http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11833_5354121,00.html

Skip to around 7 minutes in the video, then just go from there.

Last edited:

Fourteen

Monster Masch
Didn't Sky set up the same thing between Guilleme Ballague and Ray Parlour? Embarrassing. God knows what Guilleme and Graham made of those encounters.

Daemul

previously known as Jonathan28
If I was one of then I would feel insulted, being made to debate with two idiots like Parlour and Cundy.

Home of Barca Fans