Carlos Vela

J

Jordzibob

Gotta love the mexicans :D. Anyway, Imo he's better than Blowjan (of course I dont rate Bojan at all, so that's just down to opinion) but yeh. Suited to the Spanish league imo, did great with Osasuna a few years ago and he was really young back then, woudlnt cost much as Arsene Wenger doesnt seem to have much faith in him.

610x12.jpg

Last edited:

iookram

I like him too but I doubt he could make it at Barca due to the Barca B forwards we have that will emerge and that they'll be favoured over Vela. Vela wouldn't want to leave his lack-of-match-time situation at Arsenal to get into the same situation at Barca. I could see him being awesome in Italy though.

Galning

He can't even make it at Arsenal when they clearly don't have a top striker (except Van Persie but he's injured all the time).

Bergkamp10

He's rubbish. Overweight, lazy, can only finish when we're 4-0 up and very ineffective. He's just stopping players like Emmanuel-thomas coming through. Off to Valencia or Atletico in Jan and I'm glad. Never seen him come on in a game and make an impact. Oh apart from when he scored twice against Braga when we were already 4-0 up.

J

Jordzibob

:lol: :lol: Oh we'll see. I'm posting another "scouting" page tomorrow, that tops both Breno and Vela. I guarantee you the prospect of him will have everyone jizzing their pants.

Robbie

The Mexican NT destroyed him, IMO. Every injury he got was because of Aguirre, and it always happened when we needed him to play. He was carrying an injury in the gold cup finals, and Aguirre forced him to play anyway, and he missed half the season. Other players stepped up, his confidence took a knock, and he has work to do now.

J

Jordzibob

=[ Has gone to West Brom on loan. West Brom fgs! Screw you Arsenal, screw you.

Robbie

damn, this is his third loan from arsenal. He's pretty good.

Wenger really rates him and went through a lot to bring him to Arsenal. All his loans before West Brom were because of England's fucked up work permit laws, so he had to go to to La Liga and get a Spanish passport. West Brom is the best club he could have gone to because the one thing he needs is game time. They'll give it to him, and play good attacking football.

Injuries, world cup hangover, and most importantly low confidence has brought him down. He'll be back though.

UEFA_Barça_Chris

o Fenômeno
Wenger really rates him and went through a lot to bring him to Arsenal. All his loans before West Brom were because of England's fucked up work permit laws, so he had to go to to La Liga and get a Spanish passport. West Brom is the best club he could have gone to because the one thing he needs is game time. They'll give it to him, and play good attacking football.

Injuries, world cup hangover, and most importantly low confidence has brought him down. He'll be back though.

ya one thing for loans is to gain confidence for player, good place for minutes (maybe). He should come out great once returning to his club.

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
Another Mexican who fails to live up to his potential. I hate it, there's like a mental block among Mexicans when it comes to playing in Europe. I thought between the U-17 golden generation, so many Mexicans on European youth teams, and Marquez and Aguirre encouraging players to leave their safety net of the Mexican league would finally end the stigma but el tri's brightest hopes, Vela and the Dos Santos brothers, have been nothing but failures. Vela will either be back in Mexico or facing a career dead end in Portugal soon.

Pity that a country with so many resources is such a failure at football.

UEFA_Barça_Chris

o Fenômeno
Another Mexican who fails to live up to his potential. I hate it, there's like a mental block among Mexicans when it comes to playing in Europe. I thought between the U-17 golden generation, so many Mexicans on European youth teams, and Marquez and Aguirre encouraging players to leave their safety net of the Mexican league would finally end the stigma but el tri's brightest hopes, Vela and the Dos Santos brothers, have been nothing but failures. Vela will either be back in Mexico or facing a career dead end in Portugal soon.

Pity that a country with so many resources is such a failure at football.

what about that mexican player who played for Real Madrid in 80s...I don't remember, isn't it Hugo Sanchez?

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
what about that mexican player who played for Real Madrid in 80s...I don't remember, isn't it Hugo Sanchez?

Hugo Sanchez was a legend, a brilliant player but you can count the Mexican footballers who thrived in Europe on one hand. Sanchez and Marquez are the only ones I can think of who established themselves on elite teams, then today you have a few good role players like Guardado, Pardo and Francisco Rodriguez. There's more Mexicans in Europe than there used to be but it's sad to see the largest Spanish speaking country in the World and the second richest country in Latin America produce so little high end talent.

Home of Barca Fans