Carlos Vela

Havesaks

Vela - forgot all about him - why the did he leave Real Sociedad, i thought he was pretty good there?

I have no idea if he is good enough now, but sounds pretty nice to have a backup striker for the rest of the season.

Arizona Scott

I don't see the point unless Barca gets bids over 40mil for Malcom, otherwise just keep him.

But if it is a matter of selling Malcom for 50 mil, having Vela for 4 month rent, and investing that 50 mil toward a new striker next summer, seems like good business.

Leo_Messi

Wrote the following yesterday in the "transfers and rumors" thread. Thought that it is relevant to post here.

Vela is a strange choice but I am not surprised that the board ended up going for the cheap and easy option. I don't really see what he adds that Malcom cannot add (he barely plays). Not the typical number 9 nor would he offer any physicality that say the likes of Llorente, Giroud, Morata, Ibra etc. would.

He WAS a decent player while in Spain (not sure how he has been doing in the US, doubt that anyone here has been following him on a weekly/monthly basis) but it is a worrying sign that the club is looking towards such players who have not played at the highest level for roughly 1 year. Not to mention that he is most likely not the same player he was prior to the serious knee injury that left him out for most of the 2017-18 season. So we are basically talking about a player that has been "out" for 2+ years.

I always liked him as a player but I am not convinced of him being the right choice but I guess it is better than nothing and certainly better than Munir.

Devils

Canada is starting a Premier League this year.

Should start scouting there.

Maybe we can find the Canadian Paulinho.

:wow:

Leo_Messi

If anything this move might help increase our popularity even further in Mexico. Not that this is a pressing matter knowing about the historical ties between Spain and Mexico and the popularity of Spanish fotoball in Mexico but why not increase the fanbase? Similarly with Yerry Mina. We lost him but got Murillo onboard.

Currently, in case Vela arrives, we will have some of the most iconic players (currently) from almost every relevant footballing South American/Latin nation.

Brazil, Argentina, Uruguay, Chile, Colombia and Mexico. Not bad. It almost looks like a deliberate strategy.:lol:

Also the last Mexican that played for us was the legendary Rafa Márquez who I still fondly remember. Great player and one of the more underrated defenders of his generation. He was a fantastically gifted player with a fantastic attitude much like Vidal of today but less evident given his classy defending and role on the pitch.

I remember that there was once a few users here based in and around LA? Could any of those users have watched Vela on a fairly regularly basis for us to tell us something about his level all things considered (it being the MLS and everything)? I am curious if my fears are legitimate based on post 58 in this thread.

I don't recall how he did at the World Cup but I know that he scored 1 goal.

Maybe better to ask such questions on Reddit but it can't hurt.

Last edited:

Porque

If anything this move might help increase our popularity even further in Mexico. Not that this is a pressing matter knowing about the historical ties between Spain and Mexico and the popularity of Spanish fotoball in Mexico but why not increase the fanbase? Similarly with Yerry Mina. We lost him but got Murillo onboard.

Currently, in case Vela arrives, we will have some of the most iconic players (currently) from almost every relevant footballing South American/Latin nation.

Brazil, Argentina, Uruguay, Chile, Colombia and Mexico. Not bad. It almost looks like a deliberate strategy.:lol:

Also the last Mexican that played for us was the legendary Rafa Márquez who I still fondly remember. Great player and one of the more underrated defenders of his generation. He was a fantastically gifted player with a fantastic attitude much like Vidal of today but less evident given his classy defending and role on the pitch.

I remember that there was once a few users here based in and around LA? Could any of those users have watched Vela on a fairly regularly basis for us to tell us something about his level all things considered (it being the MLS and everything)? I am curious if my fears are legitimate based on post 58 in this thread.

I don't recall how he did at the World Cup but I know that he scored 1 goal.

Maybe better to ask such questions on Reddit but it can't hurt.

Screw Mexico, lets buy Wu Lei and increase our fanbase in China! Scores and assists more than Paulinho. He will be better than Messi in LaLiga.

Blaugrana Bull

HiiiPoWeR
Send away Malcom who we stole in the last minute and paid 40 Mil. for to bring in a washed up former talent who enjoys his payday in MLS.
Is this shit true? We are doing more and more things to become a joke.

Home of Barca Fans