Croatia

RMU ReBorn

I see yo don't know anything about the Balkan countries and corruption... It's a long story.
Don't know about corruption or anything . Only thing i know is Balkan country's consists of six Nations that were formed from Old yugoslavia

He didn't reach the top, though. I said it many times on this board, Dalić is not a great coach. Had many fuckups this WC which now seems impeccable. But international football is more about spirit, motivation, and collective. He's got their trust and that's why I'd like him to stay. Croatian NT will need someone able to carry a transition. He's the one to decide if capable of it.

But leave the results alone, Croatian football is rotten top to bottom. There are lots of problems needing to be addressed. Starting with the personnel behind it. Dalić has already called out on them and talked about some other issues. He's got trust from ordinary people, public support, he's a living hero who recognizes what should be done. If he decides to fight it, they won't be able to stop him and things could change.

That's the main reason I hope he stays. And shows some courage.

You'd best read the article. I can answer additional questions and explain the details.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zdravko_Mami%C4%87
I've heard that Modric gave a statment favoring Mamic ,infront of the judiciary . And that led to massive hate campaign against Modric in Croatia . So i was wondering why Modric gave such a statment in favor of Mamic, who was sentenced for tax fraud and other irregularities

FCBfan22

I've heard that Modric gave a statment favoring Mamic ,infront of the judiciary . And that led to massive hate campaign against Modric in Croatia . So i was wondering why Modric gave such a statment in favor of Mamic, who was sentenced for tax fraud and other irregularities

He didn't do that. He changed his statement from one hearing to another to help Mamić (who is currently hiding in Međugorje, because he's gotten a 6 year prison sentence in June). And that's illegal.

JerseyAddict

Toma Bašić from Hajduk Split to Bordeaux (€3,5 million)
Borna Barišić from Osijek to Rangers (€2,5 million)

FIlip Benković from Dinamo Zagreb to Leicester City

Leicester have signed centre-back Filip Benković from Dinamo Zagreb. The 21-year-old, who joins for an undisclosed fee,has signed a five-year contract.

JerseyAddict

On this day

21 years ago BRONZE WON

[youtube]JRNtV1GTOzM[/youtube]

1 year ago SILVER RESERVED

[youtube]gi_2GELMwfY[/youtube]

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
On this day

21 years ago BRONZE WON

[youtube]JRNtV1GTOzM[/youtube]

1 year ago SILVER RESERVED

[youtube]gi_2GELMwfY[/youtube]

Happy memories both of those. :)

Don't think most of us are still aware how lucky we were to have those teams. And still very much positive we outplayed France in the Final and should've won the World Cup.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Playing great against Slovakia. :)

So refreshing seeing players run, press and play like men. Didn't think I'd enjoy Croatia way more than Barca.

BBZ8800

Playing great against Slovakia. :)

So refreshing seeing players run, press and play like men. Didn't think I'd enjoy Croatia way more than Barca.

A similar pattern as with City and Liverpool, and Pep's Barca.
Players can run and press:
1. if they are technically good
2. if they are physically ready to run
3. if they are YOUNG

Croatia: 3 Midfielders, 3 attackers and 2 fullbacks:
33 Modric
30 Perisic
26 Rebic
26 Barisic
25 Petkovic
24 Bartolec
22 Vlasic

Compare that to:
32 Messi
32 Suarez
31 Raki
31 Busi
31 Vidal
30 Alba
28 Griezz
27 Roberto

Majority of our team is on a totally wrong side of a hill in terms of age.
And yet, too many of them are in a team.
People will say that I am defending EV.
Even with a new coach, it will be hard to force old horses to run...

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
A similar pattern as with City and Liverpool, and Pep's Barca.
Players can run and press:
1. if they are technically good
2. if they are physically ready to run
3. if they are YOUNG

Croatia: 3 Midfielders, 3 attackers and 2 fullbacks:
33 Modric
30 Perisic
26 Rebic
26 Barisic
25 Petkovic
24 Bartolec
22 Vlasic

Compare that to:
32 Messi
32 Suarez
31 Raki
31 Busi
31 Vidal
30 Alba
28 Griezz
27 Roberto

Majority of our team is on a totally wrong side of a hill in terms of age.
And yet, too many of them are in a team.
People will say that I am defending EV.
Even with a new coach, it will be hard to force old horses to run...

I don't discount the age factor but it's the motivation thing as well. I remember great Serie A sides that pressed and ran and had average age close to 30.

BBZ8800

I don't discount the age factor but it's the motivation thing as well. I remember great Serie A sides that pressed and ran and had average age close to 30.

It happens.
But rarely.

Look at a Dutch team.

1. (Almost) Nobody won titles
2. Young-ish players
3. Technically good
4. Run like crazy
5. IQ

32 Babel
29 Blind
28 Wijnaldum
28 De Roon
27 Promes
25 Depay
23 Dumfries
22 Frenkie

Barca had 6 out of 8 players who press and run the most, older than 30: Messi, Suarez, Busi, Raki, Vidal, Alba.

In general, old and mentally drained teams can't run and press.

We are very old and drained.
Since we won too much.
And we need to turn the page.

Home of Barca Fans