Croatia

BBZ8800

Any truth to the rumor that he wasn't told about the death until after the game?

His father was very ill, and papers say that Srna knew that his father will die soon.
He died somewhere around the match (papers say), and he found out a news after a match.

Imo, this part about how stuff or someone knew about his father's death and they didn't told him is just bs from papers to make some stories.

Srna will travel now to his father's funeral and probably won't play against Czech republic on Friday, but he should be available for a match against Spain next week.

BBZ8800

If anyone is interested how names Rakitic and Modric are pronounced originally in a Croatian language, here is a short video from Modric's goal against Turkey and a Croatian commentator mentions both Rakitic and Modric in that action:

Messi983

If anyone is interested how names Rakitic and Modric are pronounced originally in a Croatian language, here is a short video from Modric's goal against Turkey and a Croatian commentator mentions both Rakitic and Modric in that action:

Drago Čosić legenda :worthy: One of my favourite commentators.

Also, good game for Croatia. They showed the most from all teams so far IMHO. Should score more goals from chances they created but were a bit unlucky too. I could see them going far if they'll keep playing like this.

Good performance from Rakitić too. It's a bit of shame he's so limited to defensive work in our system that he can't show what he can really do offensively if he gets more freedom.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
You guys really like Ćosić? I think he's clueless. Maybe not as much as Susec but that's the same type. Entitled old fart who never really had any good competition for the job or just works there because he's been there for ages.

Stric

I think the public likes Ćosić because of his euphoric outbursts every once in a while. He's seen more as a jester than a real sports analyst/commentator. I've yet to hear anyone praise him for his knowledge.

JerseyAddict

Croatian Coach said: If we beat Czech Republic I'll take the guys out and we'll get drunk. Nice way to prepare a match against Spain. LOL

Pablo Escobar

Probably just a joke, they might drink to it though, not a big deal.

See Leicester drinking at Vardys' place and then thrashing Everton.

Or in Romania, a team won the title in a similar way by seeing the 2nd place team draw the night before, drank all night beer, vodka and whiskey and the next day they scored 4 against a title contender.

Good alcoholic drinks are actually pretty harmless, I can drink like 10L of British Ale's or dutch trappe's and the next day I'm fine after I eat something to fill the space, but those lagers you drink cheap in bars or supermarkets made with ambiguous substances that are anything but what is written on them can make my head pop the next day even after 2 bottles, totally jump over lagers made in Eastern Europe cause they're made to be cheap and chit.

Last edited:

Messi983

:lol:

slika-419x600-1466004905-1138308.jpg

Home of Barca Fans