Croatia

Petrinha

Alice in Wonderland
Nice review Bojan, but i so so sooo knew ud say that about Kranjcar, all Dinamo guys say that :p Fat, lazy etc etc ... but at least he scores and i love him for many things + this 3-5-2 does him good. This formation brings nice memories and Ćiro times :)
Also, Niko in combination with Modric fed Cale with balls who was to afraid to shot passing it to Olic, who is fast but has empty head many times :)

Was not a game to enjoy but definately a comeback.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Agreed, game itself was not good but it was so pleasing to see us back to our traditional formation. Too bad both wing backs found themselves a bit lost as Srna, as well as Cale, looked far from his best. There is much work to do before it clicks.

Petrinha

Alice in Wonderland
1-1 with Slovakia, they better in 1st, we in 2nd half refershed after Jelavic (Olic - Mandzukic bad in the attack in 1st) came in and scored on the corner from Rakitic ... but pretty boring game in total followed with kinda negative atmosphere around Bilic from the fans ... we miss good LB as well as wingers and when Schildenfeld (besides really great Jelavic) was the only one that showed something it's sad ...
More youth needed sending home oldies like Simunic & co ...

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Bilic lost his marbles. He failed to get us to WC with Ukraine! in the group. Which were only worse than poor Greece. Pathetic.
He didnt really admit his fault either but used excuses of not having a full squad. Like other teams competing had best 11 available all the time.
So much for his greatness. Idiot.

Petrinha

Alice in Wonderland
I know Bojan, was always backupping him but now, sadly, must concur .... Bilic should have started with a club and then jumping to the NT, i respect him a lot but he lost himself on the way trying to be frendly same time having no authority.

Wish there is somebody younger with Ivić brains and coaching skills to lead us ...

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
We ripped Blazevic apart after all his successes and sacked him after failing to qualify for EC. Bilic had nothing to Blazevic track record but we still kept him and media lavishes him as a superstar. I think it all went to his head.
I only hope he doesn‘t screw up another qualifying cycle. It would be a complete disaster for our football.

Petrinha

Alice in Wonderland
At least our youngsters U-21 beat Norway 4-1, heard Lovren was in the mood leading us a step from EC in Dk ...

W

woobie

I like Olic. He has floppy ears. :) And an amazing workrate, too. He's a fun player to watch.

Have had a soft spot for the Croatian NT since the 98 World Cup, so hope this game goes well.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Boring match. In the end Greeks are lucky to have won a point in Maksimir.
Not happy with our performance at all but Bilic has no game plan nor authority and everything often boils down to moments of inspiration from our players.

Petrinha

Alice in Wonderland
Was at the game tonight, just came home (had to forget the draw with few beer) ... ahhh what can i say, feel sad, we were better but no plan or team play so we lean to the individual shines if there r any. First half was bad, looked more like a friendly game then qualification one, we played like chickens afraid to make any serious action, second was way better but without finalisation, could be felt with Petric/Jelavic swap and leter Dudu coming in making few chances then missing the chance of the game 2 min before the end ...

Atmosphere on the game was great with amazing fans as always but i felt bad paying 100kn(and waiting for the tickets 2h in the worst sun) for such a mediocre game + the sight of the Maksimir stadium is so sad, can collaps any time not to mention 1/3 of the lights don't work, dunno how games r allowed to be played there anyway ... will put few pics later although dunno if i should as 90% of the time they walk on field like dead cats, well at least coz of the fans.

I dunno, Greeks came here for the draw and they got it, dunno honestly where our team is going atm ...

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Oouch, Petra. Really feel sorry for you and all the people that went to stadium.

As for Bilic, nothing new. This morning he turned up with more excuses.

Petrinha

Alice in Wonderland
Well at least i took my fan accessorise out for a walk ... got frozen but am okay now, it's a new day :)

Yeah, heard him today talking about some point calculations ... i mean concentrate on games damn it, calculations won't help us ...

V

Valon

What about changing coach? Croatia have plenty good coaches tbh.

Home of Barca Fans