Croatia

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
It is considered inappropriate by establishment. Some people agree, some don't. We're in highly ideologically divided society these days. But I guess that goes for most of Europe.

What I can say for certain is that I haven't met a lot of people who use it to glorify fascism. War for Independence and football is what first comes to mind but I can see how it is inappropriate for the "other" side and how they see it as symbol of NDH.

Haven't heard it yesterday btw. and we sang and sang for 7 hours.

Raketa10

Prod to be Croat these days! What a fantastic event without any single inappropriate action or inappropriate chant!!! We were sooo proud and we still are! Thank you guys for providing us with a fantastic month of happiness and joy that will never be forgotten! CROATIA FOREVER! We LOVE you all!!! #justloveandhugs

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
550 000 people and not a single serious incident. I witnessed people, policemen, standing for 8-12 hours on sun and rain, congratulating each other and singing together, all smiles. Not one incident and we drank and partied hard.

Day of perfect bliss.

BBZ8800

Sorry if we are posting too much pics or videos. This kind of a party has never happened in our country:

It lasted for around 10 hours :lol::lol:

Messi983

You guys are crazy. :lol: :worthy: There would probably be 2 million people on the streets if you'd won the cup.

A kid walking through the centre of Brussels with Croatian flag, everyone applauding and rooting for him. :worthy:

https://streamja.com/BOA5

ronniecro

been there in zagreb and i will remember that day as long as i'm alive,nothing will ever top that!amazing,unbeliveable,unreal amtosphere!naklon do poda momci i vječno hvala :worthy:

El Flaco

Zlatko Dalic in his interview with the Croatian newspaper 24sata

[tw]1020188898683744256[/tw]

Can anyone here be kindly enough to make a short summary of it?

Joan

Zlatko Dalic in his interview with the Croatian newspaper 24sata

[tw]1020188898683744256[/tw]

Can anyone here be kindly enough to make a short summary of it?

The most important part is about the decision whether to stay or leave. He said he had decided before the WC he won't continue. After a friendly vs. Peru there was a lot of pressure on him, people from HNS (Croatian FA) asking for Dalić to leave, be sacked. Šuker was on his side and didn't allow it. But he's disappointed and thinks people from HNS should be there to support and protect the manager. Goes on to say that the celebration, people singing, dancing, being happy on the streets made him rethink his decision. Says he had it 'in him' but now wants some time to reevaluate it. Says ordinary men are of utmost importance to him, but also it'd be the best if he left now to come back later. Wants to manage a club in Europe and win trophies, but says it's not about money, managing Croatia is his dream. In short, it's not about offers.

Dalić is very disappointed, he's sad and thinks Croatia should've won. He didn't rewatch the match and says he never will. Congratulated France and says Pogba talked to him and gave him the jersey. About Kalinić, says he's a Catholic and he would forgive, it's Nikola who's on the move. Won't forget, but will forgive. Later on he speaks about team spirit, how they looked after each other. Says it's the players who led the team, they were fighting, he didn't want to teach them football, but help them. Says he believes this generation can win the Euro with Luka Modrić.

Last, but not least, he speaks about Marko Perković Thompson's performance. About the song, Lijepa li si. He's a Croatian singer, but a controversial one. Dalić says that 95% of Croats sing the song and celebrate with it, that it game them special feelings and helped them in Russia. Asks why people protest when the players requested Thompson and wanted him there. Says all they're sending are positive messages and love.

Here you go. Hope it helps.

El Gato

Villarato!
If he thought he wouldn't continue initially, he should stick with it. One of those times when it's really worth it to leave on a high. Even if people have grown attached to his persona being somewhat of a success symbol. Hoping for Euros success is a very bleak hope.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
If he thought he wouldn't continue initially, he should stick with it. One of those times when it's really worth it to leave on a high. Even if people have grown attached to his persona being somewhat of a success symbol. Hoping for Euros success is a very bleak hope.

Yep.

Should always leave when you've reached the top and there's only one way which is down.

Joan

Yep.

Should always leave when you've reached the top and there's only one way which is down.
He didn't reach the top, though. I said it many times on this board, Dalić is not a great coach. Had many fuckups this WC which now seems impeccable. But international football is more about spirit, motivation, and collective. He's got their trust and that's why I'd like him to stay. Croatian NT will need someone able to carry a transition. He's the one to decide if capable of it.

But leave the results alone, Croatian football is rotten top to bottom. There are lots of problems needing to be addressed. Starting with the personnel behind it. Dalić has already called out on them and talked about some other issues. He's got trust from ordinary people, public support, he's a living hero who recognizes what should be done. If he decides to fight it, they won't be able to stop him and things could change.

That's the main reason I hope he stays. And shows some courage.

Who is Mamic ? Is he having such an influence among croats?

You'd best read the article. I can answer additional questions and explain the details.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zdravko_Mami%C4%87

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans