Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"Impavido Pectore"

New signing
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    out of topic, but i was thinking: can you guys imagine if yugoslavia was still around as a national team? jesus, what a squad loaded with talent that would be.

Handanovic, Corluka, Vidic, Stankovic, Kolarov, Modric, Dzeko, Srna, Pandev, Vucinic, Misimovic, Subotic, Kuzmanovic, Rakitic etc.... with the likes of bojan (krkic) and ibrahimovic also available for call up.....

now if everyone got along, what a squad that would be.
    Last edited by Sívori; 17th September 2009 at 12:07 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    not the same team without Modric. hope spurs can manage to keep him he is a fantastic player.

Where the water is warm, the drinks are cold... and I don't know the names of the players.
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The end for us. Managed a scrappy win in Kazahstan (1-2).
    Some players said, or will, say goodbye: Kovac, Olic. Few new faces: Mandzukic, Lovren.
    Bilic is probably staying, which I don´t like. Used up most of his media space after the Kazahstan match to blame the bad luck and injuries. And the truth is; we played bad for most of the qualifications.

Valon
    Sad news, I like Croatia.

You will bounce back IMO you guys have great players and great coaches as well.

Wurzeltron
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Feel sorry for Croatia, great footballing nation and they did not deserve to miss out in place of Ukraine. That's what irritated me most about our defeat on Saturday. No wya should Ukraine be there next year.
    "At Uefa coaching days, I have experienced Mourinho to be just as he seems; arrogant, unapproachable, chewing gum, somewhat loutish."

Ottmar Hitzfeld

If Carlsberg did forum members
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Croatia are still gutted after Euro 2008. They were robbed it's heartbreaking. They've crumbled. It's a shame becasue they are defianetly better than the likes of Denmark, Switzerland and Slovakia and they've all qualified.

God doesn't pick football teams but if he did.... they'd probably look like this

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It sux. I like how this team is playing, it's exciting to watch.

World Cup is losing a part of true quality with Croatia. Players like Modric had to be there, they're football in every single touch.

p.s. I remember Croatia's run to the semifinals during the WC 98 in France. God, I was screaming like a croatian when they were scoring in Germany's net
    Too bad they were unable to hold their advantage against France .. Suker was a huge player, really huge.
    Last edited by desoe; 15th October 2009 at 04:17 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yet, they have improved on FIFA ranking, they are 8th right now. Croatia needs a brand new start with different faces.

Where the water is warm, the drinks are cold... and I don't know the names of the players.
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Exactly. Not a manager who still blames the "luck" for not qualifying. FFS Croatia won 2 points out of possible 12 with England and Ukraine. Team played well 2 years ago because it was a young and hungry group. Now, most of them got sold and made their big buck and the motivation is gone. Sadly, Corluka, Modric, Eduardo made big mistakes by going to England as they haven't improved one bit. The paradox is, Vukojevic, who went to Dinamo Kiev (was their best player at Camp Nou few weeks ago) emerged as our best player.

If Carlsberg did forum members
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Croatia need motivation and the motivation isn't there Bilic said at one point he would leave after the 2010 World Cup. No people must have thought I can get away with things because won't be here for much longer. I think Bilic might have backtracked on that statement but they need something extra.

God doesn't pick football teams but if he did.... they'd probably look like this

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Finally back to 3-5-2, after 10 years.

Valon
    Who's on defence? I assume Vedran and Josip are there but who's gonna be the third?

Man the 1998-2000 team was so exciting to watch.

all your bases belong to us
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Valon View Post
    Who's on defence? I assume Vedran and Josip are there but who's gonna be the third?

Man the 1998-2000 team was so exciting to watch.
    probably a good move as besides these two defenders... croatians dont have a solid backbone

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The third one, Krizanac (Zenit), is a very good defender. We have 2 youngsters who are lurking. Lovren from Lyon,Vida and possibly Barbaric from domestic league. Former Juve man Knezevic is also there but his career has been plagued with injuries. Central defender places are well rounded off.
    I wouldn't agree that our problem is defense. Our DM Vukojevic (Dinamo Kiev's best man at Camp Nou few months ago) is a worthy successor of Niko Kovac. Not as influential but possesses a great stamina and distributes the ball very good.
    Srna is our right wing back and you don't get much better than that in football. Dani Alves, Maicon are the only ones I rate better.
    5th and last spot in defence is our weakest. Left wing back option with Cale/Pranjic. They have good moments but are unreliable. Pranjic (LM) has been forced to play as LB for us previously and that single thing cost us points in qualifications. It remains to be seen how these guys will work as wing backs.
    I have more worries about lazy ass Niko Kranjcar who did produce a nice game vs. Belgium but when you play him it's like playing with one man down.