Croatia

West Saxon

Croatia have been the best team in the tournament so far. I would make them favourites if they had an elite forward, but nonetheless, I'm really impressed with them. I tend to keep a special eye on England-based players and have to say, Dejan Lovren has been really good. Gets a lot of (usually unfair) criticism in this country, I'm pleased to see him doing well.

TrueCule

Dalić: "Nismo se puno bavili danskom reprezentacijom ovih dana, znamo da su kvalitetna reprezentacija, ali mi smo za klasu bolji."

Translation: "We didn't scout Danish team lately, we know that they are a quality side, but we are better a better team."

These things can backfire quickly. A lot of times in the past Croats already looked at who they'll play in the quarter final/half final just to get beat in the round of 16 because of their arogance/cockiness/over confidence.

I remember in 2016, a lot of Croatia newspapers were like "Autocesta do polufinala: Portugal i Polska" (highway to the half final: Portugal and Poland) after Croatia won against Spain and finished first in the group. They underestimated Portugal thinking they are cleary the better side just to get defeated by a lucky, but heartly and disciplined Portugal side, which is somehow similar to Denmark in this year. Let's see if the Croats learned their lesson or if they're going to repeat their mistake all over again.

Kragod

Aside From Messi`s Argentina, which clearly stand little to no chance, im rooting for your country, croats. I mean the team is stacked and playing great, the bracket is favourable, i really hope they dont blow it with underperforming against so called lesser quality teams like Denmark.

Go on, lads, get your first World cup! Fuck the establishment!

JerseyAddict

Media in Croatia are blowing the bubble so much. They realy need to get zheir shit together. Denmark is no easy peasy. Players should not fly in clouds

Morten

Its so nice to be neutral in this world cup, kind of.
All i hope is that some of the Madrid players play well and end up winning it, Croatia would be just fine for me.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
I thought we would lose the shootout after Modric miss. Danes, Schmeichel in particular, got the confidence boost and we are known not to be that tough mentally.

Subasic was on fire though.

West Saxon

I thought we would lose the shootout after Modric miss. Danes, Schmeichel in particular, got the confidence boost and we are known not to be that tough mentally.

Subasic was on fire though.
Schmeichel and Subasic were amazing.

In some ways it might be better for you to have won like that, just about getting the job done, rather than cruising to victory. Denmark were a really tough opponent but you got it done. That should increase the confidence of the team to win games when they're not playing that well... and increase the supporters' confidence in the team.

TrueCule

Kovacic dislocated his shoulder yesterday and finished the match with big pain in his shoulder. Props for that.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans