Now the dust has settled...

C

Carefree

Wasn't quite sure where to post this, but I'd just like to say that last nights game was one of the best footballing displays I have ever seen in my life time - by any team, and it was a pleasure to watch. God help the rest of Europe.

J

Jordzibob

Thankyou. And it's nice to see we agree on something. :D

I still think if we come up against Chelsea with Lampard and Essien though it will be very difficult for us, physical style will cause us problems.

C

Carefree

If we draw Barcelona we'll go into defensive mode, though after last nights sensational performance, and the way we're currently playing, Barcelona could quite easily hit double figures against us.

That said, I reckon we're the team in Europe Barca genuinely don't want to draw in the latter stages of the competition, particularly if our defense shores up once Terry is back, likewise the rest of Europe will be shitting themselves if they get drawn against Barca.... so I hope Spurs draw them, now that would be fun! :D

J

Jordzibob

Yeh I have to agree, give us anyone but Chelsea. I hate playing against you, it's always the most nerve wracking, nail biting tense affair in the world. And the way your playing will be improved quite drastically when Lampard and Essien are back, along with Terry. Mikel Ramires and Zhirkov, if you played them 3 vs us in midfield then yeh, we'd be laughing all the way to 4 or 5-0, but Lampard and Essien are the kindof players who cause us problems because their so much.......bigger. And yeh, I want Spurs. Harry's lack of tactical knowledge will be found out straight away.

Richard.H

Yeh I have to agree, give us anyone but Chelsea. I hate playing against you, it's always the most nerve wracking, nail biting tense affair in the world. And the way your playing will be improved quite drastically when Lampard and Essien are back, along with Terry. Mikel Ramires and Zhirkov, if you played them 3 vs us in midfield then yeh, we'd be laughing all the way to 4 or 5-0, but Lampard and Essien are the kindof players who cause us problems because their so much.......bigger. And yeh, I want Spurs. Harry's lack of tactical knowledge will be found out straight away.

I feel the same way. Chelsea is a hell matchup for us in the CL, but it will make for quite a spectacular and a warlike two- legged drama. I can't wait until the knockout stages are drawn, I'm so damn curious to find out who Barca is facing.

J

Jordzibob

I'd like to play Arsenal again, you know...for the lols.

J

Jordzibob

Inter pose more of a threat imo, I could see them having like a one off game or something where they just defend really well and hit us on the break. Coudlnt reaaaaaaaally see it with A.C.

XaviMessiGirl

Yeah but it's still talking crap about Pep. Constantly too. They didn't get along, fine, but why bring it up all the time, get over it. Although tbf it's his agent that's even worse.

gingerless

this is one of those times where whoever we face it's gona be really interesting, chelsea whom we barely beat last time... ibra's AC milan.... madrid.... arsenal (for the fanboys that think they can rape us), tottenham (obvious) man u (arguably best in epl atm), inter (revenge)

bayern, to see what would happen if we went through last year (i know it won't be the same but ljfldsjfldjf)

Richard.H

this is one of those times where whoever we face it's gona be really interesting, chelsea whom we barely beat last time... ibra's AC milan.... madrid.... arsenal (for the fanboys that think they can rape us), tottenham (obvious) man u (arguably best in epl atm), inter (revenge)

bayern, to see what would happen if we went through last year (i know it won't be the same but ljfldsjfldjf)

I don't want to face Bayern solely because they have been our toy in CL just like how Sevilla is our toy in La Liga (constantly beating and raping them by a large margin). It would be a boring game against bayern as generally all German opposition do terribly against us. I want us to play Inter or AC Milan (or Arsenal but they won't finish second).

10Rivaldo

Hoy, mañana y siempre traductor
Knowing UEFA, we will face AC Milan. Real Madrid will face Inter I reckon, especially likely since it looks like Inter will finish 2nd in their group.

Home of Barca Fans