Franck Ribery

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
Benzema said ribery isnt that good on the right. Ive seen a bit of him there and thought he was ok, but this was when he was first breaking into the france side (i remember one match a few seasons ago when the crowd went mental each time he got the ball!). If he is a replacement for hleb you'd say that he'd play a similar role to hleb..which is mostly on the right.

However if he was played predominantly as a left-sided player, would u want ribery, or silva?

First of all, what Benzema says isn't really that important in this case. Benzema should focus on him self and then come to us :lol:
This rumour about Ribery is becoming more and more true I think. Ribery wants to play in Barca, Barca needs a left winger and Txiki has already been in Bayern. Many papers are printing this rumour and it doesn't want to go away.
As for the Silva vs Ribery debate, I think that not only is Ribey a better player - he also seems stronger mentaly than Silva.

BTW, this is a poll result from Juventus forum: Diego, Silva or Ribéry?

Diego Ribas da Cunha (Werder Bremen) 26 15.29%
David Silva (Valencia) 33 19.41%
Franck Ribéry (Bayern Munich) 111 65.29%

Last edited:

barca7788

Nepali Cule
i was too excited to hear that but when i went through some articles his agent says clubs like BARCA and we all know how media twists them.but would be really happy to see him in blaugrana

Segarra

Benzema said ribery isnt that good on the right. Ive seen a bit of him there and thought he was ok, but this was when he was first breaking into the france side (i remember one match a few seasons ago when the crowd went mental each time he got the ball!). If he is a replacement for hleb you'd say that he'd play a similar role to hleb..which is mostly on the right.

However if he was played predominantly as a left-sided player, would u want ribery, or silva?

So, you really think that if we get Ribery he will be a back-up? He will obviously play on the left instead of Henry.. A player like Ribery won't be benched.

maz

I walk the line
First of all, what Benzema says isn't really that important in this case. Benzema should focus on him self and then come to us :lol:
This rumour about Ribery is becoming more and more true I think. Ribery wants to play in Barca, Barca needs a left winger and Txiki has already been in Bayern. Many papers are printing this rumour and it doesn't want to go away.
As for the Silva vs Ribery debate, I think that not only is Ribey a better player - he also seems stronger mentaly than Silva.

BTW, this is a poll result from Juventus forum: Diego, Silva or Ribéry?

Diego Ribas da Cunha (Werder Bremen) 26 15.29%
David Silva (Valencia) 33 19.41%
Franck Ribéry (Bayern Munich) 111 65.29%
I meant the user Benzema. He posts here..

maz

I walk the line
By the way if we sign another left winger, who will be our messi replacement? At the moment the only replacement we have is hleb and he isnt even a good replacement in that position.

maz

I walk the line
So, you really think that if we get Ribery he will be a back-up? He will obviously play on the left instead of Henry.. A player like Ribery won't be benched.
Where would iniesta play? His best position is out on the left. And in the middle we need xavi, touré and a player like busquets or keita who can help out in both attack and defence.

maz

I walk the line
No it was my fault..when u see the name Benzema of course u will think the player! I should have said Benzema10

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
As I understood, one of the reasons pro Ribery is his ability to play on both flanks.

FCB-Michael

Mack the Knife
We could fit Ribery without a problem. He`s the right footed player that plays on the left and that rxactly suits our (cutting in) style

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
I don't know why but i have a bad feeling about him..

I know what you mean. But I have a bad feeling about all players coming to Barca, at least untill a month ago. You know, why try to fix something if it isn't broke? But now, I really think we have to strenghten up our defense. But it's not like we have to buy a new CB or defensive midfielder. But we have to change our system. Or maybe it's just our midfield and forwards that can't hold on to the ball "a la" Barca? We didn't come even close to the ball possession we use to have. Our offense is our defense and as soon as that part of our system breaks down, we start to loose. With Ribery I think we can create a faster counter attack and also hold on to the ball longer on both flanks (with Messi on the right). That will give us time push up our defenders and organise our defense.

alexjanosik

The Game
I dont think Barca should go for Ribery.
Henry still has two years left in him.
We also have Iniesta who is future Ballon D'Or material.Inista's best position is as part of the front three on the left.So were Ribery to come where would Iniesta play?
Plus a team should not have more than one superstar.Our superstar is Messi and we dont want another.It would create unnecessary complications in the dressing room.
The Galacticos policy never works.
If we are going after Bayern players,why not go for Lahm.
We need a quality left back and Lahm is the best.He isw indefatiguable.

Home of Barca Fans