Andy Carroll

V

Valon

Yes. Second best English player ever. After Peter Crouch of course. :wub:

Sewelly

Overrated to the hilt.

Derp. Media in overhyping young English player who is playing well shocker. Don't let it get to you mate. ;)

Anyway, according to you McEachran is the next Pirlo, Kakuta will be the second best attacker in the world behind Messi and Bruma (who got torn to shreds by Shola Ameobi earlier in the season) will be one of the best CBs in the World. No doubt there might be potential in all 3 of them, but I think it's a bit crass that you can comment on overrating somebody after these subsequent comments on players who's respective careers are embryonic in comparison to Carroll's.

All I know is, regardless of whether Carroll is a 'limited' footballer, he's been the best striker in the division this season by a fair margin. That'll do me thank you very much.

C

Carefree

Anyway, according to you McEachran is the next Pirlo, Kakuta will be the second best attacker in the world behind Messi and Bruma (who got torn to shreds by Shola Ameobi earlier in the season) will be one of the best CBs in the World.

According to me or according to your own warped version of my posts? Never said such thing, and i'd be slightly worried if some were pinning their hopes on Andy Carroll being our next ray of light, rather than a Jack Rodwell, Jack Wilshere or Josh McEachran.

You're doing a pretty poor job at it matey.

Sewelly

Well, you did say Kakuta could be the second best attacker in the world, and that out of the 3 Bruma was probably the best. So by a series of deduction I came to the conclusion you're probably batshit crazy.

Nobody says Carroll will be our next ray of light, nobody in their right mind anyway. However simply because England have absolute dross in terms of attackers, he is going to be involved for England in the future.

Wilshere will also be an England regular. Rodwell and McEachran, well they have a long way to go before justifying any sort of hype.

C

Carefree

Well, you did say Kakuta could be the second best attacker in the world, and that out of the 3 Bruma was probably the best. So by a series of deduction I came to the conclusion you're probably batshit crazy.

Nobody says Carroll will be our next ray of light, nobody in their right mind anyway. However simply because England have absolute dross in terms of attackers, he is going to be involved for England in the future.

Wilshere will also be an England regular. Rodwell and McEachran, well they have a long way to go before justifying any sort of hype.

Kakuta's potential was there for all to see during the summer, looked a fair bit better than Sergio Canales, who is massively rated in Spain. As for Bruma, looked the best of the bunch in our youth team, given his first cap for Holland when he was just 17/18 but unfortunately, Carlo is mis-using him, just like he is McEachran and Kakuta. Call me whatever you like, I don't pick the Chelsea team, and it's evident we are wasting them.

We have Wayne Rooney, Peter Crouch and Jermain Defoe for England - only three we need right now, and i'd rather get Michael Owen back in the fold than play average men like Andy Carroll and Jay Bothroyd. Players like them are just stealing caps.

How on earth can you say Jack Rodwell needs to do more to justify his hype? He should be well ahead of Jack Wilshere right now, blooded in with another average man in Gareth Barry being dropped.

Sewelly

Funny that, because Carroll has scored more than twice as many league goals as them 3 combined this season. Defoe is not international class, and Crouch is hardly one for the future is he?

As for even mentioning Michael Owen, well, you simply blow any credibility you have completely out of the water. The guy is a total dud these days who is barely Premier League quality anymore nevermind an international player.

I'm now convinced you're a WUM tbh. You should be drinking mouthwash by the gallon to counteract the shit that's pouring from your mouth.

C

Carefree

Funny that, because Carroll has scored more than twice as many league goals as them 3 combined this season. Defoe is not international class, and Crouch is hardly one for the future is he?

As for even mentioning Michael Owen, well, you simply blow any credibility you have completely out of the water. The guy is a total dud these days who is barely Premier League quality anymore nevermind an international player.

Hang on, Jermain Defoe, 15 goals in 45 games (with majority as a sub) isn't International class.... but Andy Carroll is?

Darren Bent has as many goals as Andy Carroll in less games, why not play him? In fact, last season he scored 25 goals, with 24 in the league - more than Carroll managed playing in the fekkin Championship!

How the fuck can you write Michael Owen off? He's still doing the business whenever called upon by Ferguson, scored a hat-trick in Europe recently, and he's still our deadliest finisher. Fabio Capello's absolute ignorance not to play him has led some to believe he's finished, when he's far from it. You ask any Engish fan who they'd prefere in the England set up between Owen and Carroll, and I bet you any money you like it aint the hairy geordie beast.

I'm now convinced you're a WUM tbh. You should be drinking mouthwash by the gallon to counteract the shit that's pouring from your mouth.

Is this the new 'in' thing to call people WUMs? You're using the fucking word well out of context in this sense anyway. Had Wayne Rooney been playing for Newcastle and I dismissed him from the England set-up, that would be WUMing, Andy Carroll though? Do me a favour!

Sewelly

Carroll has better allround game than Defoe, is FAR superior in the air than Crouch, but most importantly he is actually scoring goals regularly and playing very well. He is the most in-form English striker by a distance atm despite being just 21. Your blind hatred for him is embarrasing quite frankly. I don't understand what last season has got to do with it anyway, Carroll wasn't great a year ago, yet has improved 10 fold over the course of last season. He scored consistently from January onwards and has taken his form into the Premier League.

Darren Bent should also probably be in the England squad, but that's another argument.

Michael Owen is currently behind Rooney, Berbatov, Hernandez, Bebe and Macheda for Man Utd. He's completely and utterly finished, man. I had the displeasure of watching his gutless performances for us towards the end of our relegation season. He didn't score from December onwards, in a time where 19 year old Carroll and free transfer journeyman Peter Lovenkrands managed to scored 3 goals a piece in far fewer minutes on the pitch. His allround game is very limited, and his finishing ability is drastically overrated. His major attribute (pace) has totally and utterly deserted him. By saying he scored a hattrick in Europe recently, are you referring to that hattrick he scored over a year ago? :lol:

It's not as if he didn't get the service either, btw, he simply missed chance after chance. The following video shows how poor he was towards the end of that season:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eqTeGL99lhA

Since then he hasn't exactly turned it round has he? Ferguson quite doesn't rate him, and neither do Manchester United fans. A quick scout on any Man United forum will show you that. And also, quite conversely to what you think, I'm pretty sure any sane England fan would far have Carroll in the team than modern day Michael Owen.

Home of Barca Fans