Mario Gotze

iookram

He's a great young playmaker. In my opinion, he's going to be 1 of the best of his generation. He isn't big headed as well. Rejected the clubs who wanted to poach him and stayed loyal to Dortmund.

Surprising that there isn't a thread bout him yet.

From Wikipedia:

Mario Götze (born 3 June 1992) is a German footballer who plays as an attacking midfielder for Borussia Dortmund in the German Bundesliga. He made his Bundesliga debut on 21 November 2009 in a 0–0 draw against 1. FSV Mainz 05, when he came on as an 88th minute substitute for Jakub Błaszczykowski. Mario Götze was called up for his first international match against Sweden on November 17 2010, during which he made his debut after coming on as a second half substitute.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s86CsZUJWss

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_WgFEJ6hm8

T

The Horse

Goetze is going to be a hell of a player. Similar to Jack at Arsenal in many ways, very similar style.

el tren

Adolfo Valencia
Dubbed as 'best german youngster' by Matthias Sammer, im very happy that i bought him for a bargain at the start of the season for my fantasy football team ... b/c hes paying that off big time :)

T

The Horse

Do you think he'll be better than Wilshere?

I certainly am of that opinion.

It's hard to tell, Wilshere is certainly ahead at this moment in time and he is more versatile being able to play a deep-lying playmaker role (so far this season) as well as his more customary AM role. He is starting to influence games in a big way which is astonishing when you consider the guy's age. Goetze is certainly a talent though, he has the tools to go all the way.

Z

Zebrahead

I think atm Goetze is the biggest talent in Germany.
he is a very intelligent, fast and creative attacking midfielder with great technical skills.
He made 13 games this season for Borussia Dortmund, scoring 2 goals and 6 assists. he also made 4 games in Europa League and scored 2 goals.
very impressive for an 18-year old guy.

Edit: Link deleted, newcommers aren't allowed to post links (Valon)

soarq

I wouldn't be suprised if we are after him in 2 or 3 years. The biggest U20 talent in the World.

ivan22

hope he doesnt end up at RM...but if you look at their 'philosophy' ("oh, let's buy the midfield of the german NT") it's very likely

2010 özil
2011 sahin
2012 götze?

Home of Barca Fans