Lionel Messi .v. Cristiano Ronaldo

Trillske

Nice read.

I hope: Ronaldo doesnt show up, Messi does.
I think: Messi will be totaly neutralised, Ronaldo wont. Though freshly in mind, last season this kind of happened yet Ronaldo missed a pretty much open net at 0-0 so was kind of a choke anyway.

I´ve seen great teams deal with Messi before, but never Ronaldo really, with the possible exception of Man U CL -08, but that time the whole teams was strangled by one of the best defensive performances I´ve ever seen. Usually when Ronaldo doesnt show up you (I) get the impression it was his own fault rather than great tactical defending.

C

Carefree

Messi has 9 assists this season, Ronaldo has 6 - articles wrong.

M

Macleano

Messi has 9 assists this season, Ronaldo has 6 - articles wrong.

Would like to know your source for this, not dissmissing your claim, its just that FIFA have Messi having 7 assists so far this season, 6 for Barca and one for Argentina

10Rivaldo

Hoy, mañana y siempre traductor
To be fair, assists are defined in various ways so one source isn't necessarily right or wrong.

bryangld27

This will be Ronaldo vs Messi part 6. Can't really compare the two. Ronaldo loves doing tricks but gets nowhere. He can also shoot and score form anywhere too. Messi is less fancy and simply dribbles his way through and has to get close to score.

yusuf

Yusuf Islam
well messi has so far owned this rivalrey in every head to head matchup in looking at prior meetings. Last season double, CL final where he clearly outshone him and also in the CL semi the year b4 where messi was on the losing end but many people made their minds up there that messi was a superior player at that point. did not help ronaldo's case that he flopped that penalty in barca.

J

Jordzibob

Actually tbf, in that semi final yeh Messi played better but Ronaldo was at that point the best player in the world, dont think you can question that, he was inarguably awesome that year. I'd have said most people made up their minds the next year, and last year, as to that Messi is the better player. But yeh, Messi>Ronaldo.

Elite-BkD

Actually tbf, in that semi final yeh Messi played better but Ronaldo was at that point the best player in the world, dont think you can question that, he was inarguably awesome that year. I'd have said most people made up their minds the next year, and last year, as to that Messi is the better player. But yeh, Messi>Ronaldo.

No, Messi was already better by that time, and that was a pretty memorable tie that made a lot more people start saying so. Ronaldo was only considered the best because of his goal tally and Man United's trophies, would anyone really believes that it takes fifteen seconds of effort to determine who the best player in the world is? Ronaldo was playing for the best team in Europe, they dominated matches and provided tons of chances, so Ronaldo scored loads of sitters and simple goals rounding off fantastic team moves. Messi was already World Class, already devastating running at players out wide, in the box even while it was crowded, as an attacking mid or just a passing-first type of midfield player. He could dribble anyone with ridiculous technique,was unpredictable and completely change up his role repeatedly in a match without dropping exectiveness, and score sensational goals as well.

Home of Barca Fans