Lionel Messi .v. Cristiano Ronaldo

Catalonian Devil

Shukran Pep
Not just Fifa though, loads of people. They just seem to have been watching a different football year and World Cup than I did.

I just kept cursing each time Sneijder sneaks in another lucky goal, I knew how many people who haven't watched any WC before the semi-final would say "oooh look at how many goals he scored in the WC"

I'm not saying he didn't have a great season, but he was vastly overrated in the WC

J

Jordzibob

He was incredibly ovverated in the WC, he dissapeared in the group stages, and the final, and got a few lucky goals via keeper fuck up in the Knockout rounds. And like I said, Idc how many finals he has reached, or how good he was or how important he was to Inter's treble, Messi was better than him last season-I dont see anyone comparing Sneijder to Maradona or Pele? And this season, has been head and shoulders above him. Xavi will get it, and deserves it, but Messi should get it. Sneijder should be 3rd or 4th.

Catalonian Devil

Shukran Pep
He was incredibly ovverated in the WC, he dissapeared in the group stages, and the final, and got a few lucky goals via keeper fuck up in the Knockout rounds. And like I said, Idc how many finals he has reached, or how good he was or how important he was to Inter's treble, Messi was better than him last season-I dont see anyone comparing Sneijder to Maradona or Pele? And this season, has been head and shoulders above him. Xavi will get it, and deserves it, but Messi should get it. Sneijder should be 3rd or 4th.

I totally agree but I stopped trying to convince people with that, because it apparently only makes me a 'fanboy' ...

Pepe Silvia

Sneijder is freakin' awesome. It has nothing to do with him not being good enough to get that award, it's that Xavi was just that much better.

J

Jordzibob

Sneijder is freakin' awesome. It has nothing to do with him not being good enough to get that award, it's that Xavi was just that much better.

This.

And so is Messi. I'm not denying he's amazing, he's bloody fantastic. But Messi and Xavi are better.

gingerless

I just kept cursing each time Sneijder sneaks in another lucky goal, I knew how many people who haven't watched any WC before the semi-final would say "oooh look at how many goals he scored in the WC"

I'm not saying he didn't have a great season, but he was vastly overrated in the WC

every time i see the ball defelcted off a keeper then some poacher comes in and taps in the ball i yell MULLER!!!

i really dislike this poaching fuck, i'm just angry he's being praised so much + him scoring vs argentina :angry:

N

Neji1o

Hey Guys,

It is really hard to distinguish both these guys, got hey got so many positives, it is really hard to write down all they got. Still Messi's down to earth attitude give him marks in several articles. I wrote an article few days back, at the start i thought of mentioning all the merits and demerits but i was not able to. They are in some other planet i think the one who created only can make a perfect article about these two guys.

If you dont mind please have a check with this article. http://www.thesoccertalk.com/2010/11/cristiano-ronaldo-or-lionel-messi.html

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
the 5-0 was so good that it's even converted Sid from being a fence-sitter to being fully in the Messi camp.

love it.

R

ReDevil

There is a thread about this topic in nearly every football forum. For me, being a Manutd fan, i'd pick Ronaldo over any player anyday of the week.

Abaddon

King of the Bottomless Pit
the 5-0 was so good that it's even converted Sid from being a fence-sitter to being fully in the Messi camp.

love it.
Well that's a bit silly, considering the biggest difference in that game was Iniesta-Xavi (and Busquets to a lesser extent) completely dominating our midfield, not Messi.

One would think it's not unlikely that Ronaldo too would have had a great game if roles had been reversed, and he'd been given the space we allowed Messi.

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
Well that's a bit silly, considering the biggest difference in that game was Iniesta-Xavi (and Busquets to a lesser extent) completely dominating our midfield, not Messi.

One would think it's not unlikely that Ronaldo too would have had a great game if roles had been reversed, and he'd been given the space we allowed Messi.

Not really, because Ronaldo isn't nearly as good of a passer as Messi. Messi was not Barcelona's best player that day but his passes to Villa were extremely dangerous.

I'll give Ronaldo the benefit of the doubt for the following reasons:
-Benzema isn't exactly Villa.
-He didn't have fullbacks with mental disabilities guarding him all match the way Villa did.

But I never have seen Ronaldo make long passes that accurate. He's a good passer mind you, but it's not his strong point.

Anyway I hate this topic because Xavi is better than both of them.

Home of Barca Fans