How could I explain the rivalry?

Galning

I have seen a lot of new football fans(mostly girls) after Spain won the World Cup, I don't mind at all but they keep coming to me with "I support both Barca and Madrid"

barneyshothimselfinthef.gif

TanzaBarca

i hate madrid because i have lived in barcelona.
I became a Barca fan during the summer olympic 1992,because Pep impressed me very much, and I do watch La Liga and rarely EPL, I used to support any Spanish team playing against English team, including RM.

After knowing The History of Barca and all the suppression from Franco,is when I started hating madrid.

Last edited:

XaviMessiGirl

I dislike Madrid both because of their history (Franco regime) and the way they go about doing business (big money spending). The fact that they are Barca's rivals is just something extra.

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
But Barca also do their big money spending!!!

In 1982 you spent a massive £8m on Maradona (I'd say about £50m in todays money)
In 1993 you spent a whooping £12m on Romario (I'd say about £30m in todays money).
in 1996 you spent £15m on Ronaldo (I'd say about £35m in todays money)
In 1997 you spent £23.5m on Rivaldo and £18m on Sonny Anderson
In 1998 you spent a huge £20m Kluivert £14m altogether for the De Boer brothers and £12m on Zenden
In 2000 you spent a gigantic £40m on Overmars, £24m on Gerard, £16.5m on Alfonso and £15m on Petit.
In 2001 you spent a fortune £35.5m on Saviola, £20m on Geovanni and £17m on Christanval.
In 2003 you spent £32m on Ronaldinho
In 2004 you spent £27m on Eto'o and £20m on Deco
In 2007 you spent £16m on Henry £20m on Milito.
In 2008 you spent £34m on Alves £15m on Hleb and £15m on Caceres.

I do agree Madrid have spent more than you, but your claim that you don't like Madrid because of their big spending is a bit ludicrous.......sorry :D

J

Jordzibob

:lol: Yeh, we really really do have a tendency to splash out large amounts of money on shit players. Add chiggy and Ibra to that list aswell........

Richard.H

I don't like Real Madrid because I lived in Barca for some time and I shared the same passion that the Catalans did for the club for a short period of time. Also, I dislike the recent Madrid team because they simply come off as cocky and arrogant to me. I had much more respect for the Real Madrid with Sneijder and Robben than this one with Cristina and the Special Moron.

XaviMessiGirl

Erm... The cost of Real Madrid's starting XI: 285 M euro. Barça's: 92 M euro. (according to Sid Lowe)

They spent 3 times as much as us and still lost 5-0 :lol:

Home of Barca Fans