Mack the Knife
View attachment 347

Full name: Fernando José Torres Sanz
Date of birth: 20 March 1984
Place of birth: Madrid, Spain
Height: 6 ft 1 in (1.85 m)
Playing position: Striker
Current club: Liverpool FC

According to Daily Mail, FC Barcelona will try to sign Torres this summer.
So far he`s scored only 10 goals in Premier League. Not much, compared to his last seasons figures
I`d still take him if we ever lost Eto'o.

Sorry for editing your post mate, we just try to put in a little information about the players we open threads for.

Last edited by a moderator:

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Don`t think Liverpool are willing to sell. But hypothetically: Sure, I`d welcome him with both arms.

thierry14henry

Torres plans Reds stay

Striker rules out Anfield exit

Fernando Torres has pledged his long-term future to Liverpool.
Speaking ahead of Spain's friendly with England on Wednesday, Torres insists he is happy to stay at Anfield.
Reports emanating from Spain suggest Barcelona are weighing up a mega offer to prise Torres away from Merseyside, but the striker admits he cannot imagine himself playing for anyone else than Liverpool.
"I don't see myself playing for Real Madrid, or Barcelona or Chelsea or any other team," said Torres.
"I see myself playing for Liverpool. I have a long contract and that's that."
Torres is hopeful that he is finally over his injury problems that have blighted his season so far.
"This year what I am more worried about are injuries," added Torres. "I have had many problems since last summer but I hope I will be okay now until the end of the season."
Wish

The 24-year-old is also wishing Reds team-mate Steven Gerrard a speedy recovery from his hamstring problem and hopes he could return to action for the UEFA Champions League clash with Real Madrid later this month.
"Hopefully Steven Gerrard will be okay too," said Torres. "He's a special player and a vital part of our team and we need him fit again soon.
"I don't know how long it will take for his leg to heal, but we wish him the best and hope we can have him back as quick as possible.
"If it is in time for the Champions League game with Real Madrid even better."

From Sky Sports

O

Ono.

Aguero said he would leave Atletico only for Independiente...

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
What bugs me here is the fact Torres slipped below our radar for all those years in Primera and now we suddenly realized he`s good enough :rolleyes:

maz

I walk the line
He didnt slip below our radar. We expressed interest in him on several occasions, its just that nothing came of it.

FCB-Michael

Mack the Knife
I don`t think we were ever serious about it...
I don`t think Rafa knew something we didn`t either. Overall, he made many mistakes with signings, Torres was probably one lucky guess of for him

M.L. King

The Preacher
I don`t think we were ever serious about it...
I don`t think Rafa knew something we didn`t either. Overall, he made many mistakes with signings, Torres was probably one lucky guess of for him

Torres was never gonna be a guess. He has always been a very proficient player, with all-around skill... it was just the matter of time when he would leave Atletico for a more competitive club. In my opinion, Rafa knew exactly what he was doing.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Still. Torres never scored so much as in Liverpool. I guess Spanich defenses aren`t so bad after all

Home of Barca Fans