if you were made barcelona's coach...

innniesta

what changes would you make this winter or next season?

eg. Formation changes/buying players/selling players and whatever you can think of.

Lets make this reasonable so while people that are unlikely to leave their teams for this threads sake lets pretend they do and we can add them, but not people that would be impossible like drogba or casillas or something. I would probably try and either get torres or llorente play our 4-3-3 with iniesta back in the mid field and rotate villa/pedro/llorente/torres to whoevers injured inform. (torres or llorente not both)

alves --pique--puyol---abidal/maxwell
masch/biscuits
xavi--------------iniesta
messi----------villa--------pedro/llorente/torres

P

PhilS

I just watched a FCB game from early last season, the first CL match vs. Inter. The roster changes since last year have improved the squad quite a bit, more of the players fit the system. As of now, very little needs to be changed. Just let this group continue to gel, they are quite special.

Any changes should be among the less used players, but whoever replaces them will also likely not play much. The team might need to cut bait on Milito as the primary CB backup, admit he can't stay healthy. Either Jeffren or Bojan should go to somewhere they can play more, maybe bring is an older, large forward who might help occasionally but could deal with not playing much. Thiago needs to be promoted, even though the quality of the top 5 midfielders will make it tough for any youngster to get many midfield minutes.

Last edited:

Koma

I think i wouldn't make any changes. We are well covered on every part of the field, we have good players in our B team and young squad so we do not need to worry about the future. Maybe i'd get 1 more young winger that could aid us and maybe make space for Messi and Pedro to rest, someone like Affelay (i think he is coming in Barca in january).

JCCR_FCB

Barcelona, a Cidade Condal
On a winning team, we don't make changes... but perhaps some new players like Cesc or Llorente will be welcome...

dalitis8

Banned
I would bring bak Eto'o or buy Llorrente.

Look for a pacey left back.

Buy a second keepr

Bring Cesc in.

If I had the money of course.

Trequartista

The good
we already have 3 pace-y left bakcs,we have Pinto,Eto'o isnt coming bacj and we shouldnt go for him,Cesc is not needed,at leastfor now,but yeah we should sign llorente

dalitis8

Banned
We have 3 pacy left backs but none is world-class (my wording was wrong) Pinto is not a long-term solution me thinks and has silly hairdo. If Guardiola leaves then Eto'o would kill to return. But he is getting a tad old and Llorente would prolly be a better move.

Most important of all, we absolutely, positively NEED freakin' Cesc Fabregas. Just look at Iniesta last season, and Xavi this one. We should be the undisputed masters of Europe, not just any old major team. This is the way to go...if it wasn't for the disastrous Ibra/Chygga/Hleb/Caceres/Gudjonsen deals, then Barca would have been lording over Europe like the most ruthless totalitarian dictator. I believe that due to our near disastrous transfer policy, the chance for absolute domination has been lost.

Tezemery

We have 3 pacy left backs but none is world-class (my wording was wrong) Pinto is not a long-term solution me thinks and has silly hairdo. If Guardiola leaves then Eto'o would kill to return. But he is getting a tad old and Llorente would prolly be a better move.

Most important of all, we absolutely, positively NEED freakin' Cesc Fabregas. Just look at Iniesta last season, and Xavi this one. We should be the undisputed masters of Europe, not just any old major team. This is the way to go...if it wasn't for the disastrous Ibra/Chygga/Hleb/Caceres/Gudjonsen deals, then Barca would have been lording over Europe like the most ruthless totalitarian dictator. I believe that due to our near disastrous transfer policy, the chance for absolute domination has been lost.
Personally i dont think you could be more wrong we have very good left sided wing backs we are infact lucky to have 3 great players in that position, Pinto is an amazing second goal keeper and i feel we are lucky also to have him as back up.

The comment about Cesc is not an opinion shared by me but the things you said about Xavi and Iniesta are just absurd to be honest.

I dont really understand your view on dominance but were not just "any old major team" weve won 2 champions leagues in recent years a treble in Pep's first season and lots of leagues 6 titles in 1 year etc, all done with mostly home grown players. Winning the champions league twice three times in a row is near impossible these days without an insane amount of luck, we would have gone to the final last season if we werent unlucky with the ref's decision on Bojan's goal, we are widely accepted as the best team in the world with the best players in the world.

Personally if i was Barca coach id concentrate on youth as Pep does, promote Thiago as quickly as possible, i guess players like Tevez would be unlikely but most surprisingly i would try to sign Kaka i think he would flourish at Barca and could maybe be brought cheaply from the scum, of course both are never going to happen :p.

Last edited:

adil_909

yeah always did like kaka, thought he was too upstanding a gentleman to sign for the scum. loudmouth egomaniacs like CR9 and mourinho are much more suited to that mob of filth, kaka is like a fish out of water there.

Richard.H

As crazy as it sounds I would love to buy back Eto'o. I think he's an amazing striker and can you even imagine an attacking trident of villa-eto'o-messi?

gingerless

As crazy as it sounds I would love to buy back Eto'o. I think he's an amazing striker and can you even imagine an attacking trident of villa-eto'o-messi?

nope, eto'o won't do as good for us, i totally trust pep in the decision he made to let eto'o go, he may be doing well for inter but i'm convinced he wouldn't be as good in barca

in fact i think eto'o's success is due to the fact that pep let him go

G

Gevindu

would do 4-2-3-1
.............valdes
Alves - puyol - pique - maxwell
.......busquets--mascherano
iniesta-- xavi-- messi
..........villa

give bojan on loan and buy cesc..

D

dikton

a Reserve Kepper , a Striker , Cesc Fabregas . and we already have AFELLAY.

Home of Barca Fans