Luis Enrique

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Guess who's been reported to be wanted by PSG and was seen taking a flight to Doha where Nasser and the Emir of Qatar and owner of PSG lives.

Well, you don't need to guess, but looks like he's a serious candidate to take over from Emery.

Horatio

You're welcome
Guess who's been reported to be wanted by PSG and was seen taking a flight to Doha where Nasser and the Emir of Qatar and owner of PSG lives.

Well, you don't need to guess, but looks like he's a serious candidate to take over from Emery.

Should be fun. Neymar and Luis Enrique have some history.

God Serena

I can imagine Neymar leaving pretty quickly if they do hire Lucho. He went there so he can do whatever he wants... On the pitch Lucho will probably adopt a "Pass to Neymar/Mbappe and hope they score" tactical approach similar to when he was here but off the pitch? Haha good luck.

I can imagine Neymar leaving pretty quickly if they do hire Lucho. He went there so he can do whatever he wants... On the pitch Lucho will probably adopt a "Pass to Neymar/Mbappe and hope they score" tactical approach similar to when he was here but off the pitch? Haha good luck.

They'd gladly fire Lucho to keep Neymar happy.

I believe that Luis Enrique is very much underrated and deserves more credit from Barca fans. I opined that Luis Enrique's last season was worse than Tata Martino's season. But as I see the players play, I want everyone to note some key points where everyone of us who criticized Enrique were wrong.

1. Sergi Roberto as RB instead of Vidal.
2. Opting to sign Rakitic rather than Kroos
3. Not relying on Possession based football

These are the three most significant criticism he received from fan base. But turns out that he was very reasonable in each of these. I can say, it's impossible for anyone as per the current standing, to argue against the aforementioned three tactics of him.

Last edited:

BarcaOG

Banned
I believe that Luis Enrique is very much underrated and deserves more credit from Barca fans. I opined that Luis Enrique's last season was worse than Tata Martino's season. But as I see the players play, I want everyone to note some key points where everyone of us who criticized Enrique were wrong.

These are the three most significant criticism he received from fan base. But turns out that he was very reasonable in each of these. I can say, it's impossible for anyone as per the current standing, to argue against the aforementioned three tactics of him.

I agree completely. I have always defended Lucho's record on this forum, but you and I are not the only ones. He has a bad reputation here but several of us do think his time here was a success. (Which it was, trophy wise. You don't win a treble and a double without doing something right.)

serghei

Where does playing Mathieu in a back 3 to block Cuadrado rank? Lucho was a good manager overall, but he was a mess in his last season. From all pov. Allegri and Juve outclassed him, only to be picked apart by Madrid easily. Madrid's best 2 back to back seasons in their history were with Lucho at Barcelona basically flopping hard in CL. Getting 0-7 away to PSG and Juve was embarassing to say the least.

Lucho's treble is a great memory, but he wasn't a great manager. We had the best attack by a mile that season and they played insane football at the right time. As soon as their individual form dropped, we dropped. There was no bigger plan. Just give the ball to our stars and hope they can find a way through. MSN was unplayable in the 2nd part of the 14-15 season. When Suarez was playing poorly, Messi and Neymar were beasting. When both Neymar and Suarez weren't hot, Messi ruined defenders. When all three were in hot form there was no stopping that team from scoring. It's hilarious to even suggest Lucho made them great players. He had the luck to manage one of the best attacking trios ever, and that sure makes your life easier.

I'm not one of those who say Barca manage itself and any manager will do, but just because you win titles with a stacked team, having an attack worth half a billion, doesn't mean you're a great manager who would do great at a normal team. Actually, Lucho was poor at Roma, so there you go.

Last edited:
Where does playing Mathieu in a block 3
Mathieu is a very good player as Central Defense. He was excellent in sporting too. Enrique's team was defensively flawed but Mathieu at CB is not the most significant reason.
Lucho's treble is a great memory, but he wasn't a great manager.
He's the second most important reason to our treble next only to Messi. So, he is a great manager. He changed Barcelona completely. Barcelona became a complete shit because of their one dimensional play in 2012 and Pep lost the dressing room which is why he left. Barcelona were never a Champions League contender after that. Enrique changed everything. Fans didn't like the counterattacking team. But it was the most efficient. Lucho's 2015 team is the second most efficient UCL team next only to Real Madrid's current team. Unlike Pep's Barca that struggles against defensive team these two teams are capable of outplaying any team whether they are defensive or attacking. The Lucho team outplayed all the reigning champions in the UCL campaign. Not even Cruyff's dream team were so effective.

We had the best attack by a mile that season and they played insane football at the right time.

Completely false. Barca just had best attackers the same way Argentina, PSG and France have. It's Lucho who made them the best attack in the history of football. He provided them with the best platform in the form of Rakitic and Roberto, a RB who can break lines. He created the most efficient system to get the best out of his forwards. There is a reason why Asensio and Vasquez play in UCL instead of Isco and Bale. Best individual doesn't make best team. Forgot the quote of Cruyff?

As soon as their individual form dropped, we dropped.
No, they were as great as always. In Luis' last season as Barca manager, Neymar had the best peformance of his career (against PSG), Messi had one of his best El Classico performance and Suarez too was not so bad. It's just that the system Lucho created to play them together was tactically bettered by his opponents. Lucho's last season was tactically failure for him and also he considered UCL matches as just another la liga match. And that's why Messi and Neymar despite being as brilliant as ever for their National team could not outplay the opponents in the club. That should say how important tactics is in modern football. Its not 1970s or 1980s anymore where individual players could run circles in the finals. Except Messi, tactics is the most important reason for the success and failure. Real Madrid is the best team at the moment, not when they play Bale and Isco but when they play Asensio and Vasquez, it's because individually good players doesn't necessarily mean good team in modern football. Refer Argentina again

Last edited:

RMU ReBorn

I agree completely. I have always defended Lucho's record on this forum, but you and I are not the only ones. He has a bad reputation here but several of us do think his time here was a success. (Which it was, trophy wise. You don't win a treble and a double without doing something right.)
I do loved his brand of football . That treble season and first half of 2016 was breath taking and one of the most entertaining since i started to follow Barcelona . Those counter attack goals against ATM , Real ,Bayern , Juve :wub:

Home of Barca Fans