Luis Enrique

Mitchell1978

When coaches and players openly make conflicting comments like that is usually the sign that its over for the coach. Was like that with Wilmots and the Belgian NT also.

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
When coaches and players openly make conflicting comments like that is usually the sign that its over for the coach. Was like that with Wilmots and the Belgian NT also.

It already happened just a couple months ago, and the club sided with Lucho instead of Piqué...

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
Oh yeah, I didn't mean to say the club should have sided with anyone, I worded that wrong...

But yeah, Piqué already said the team wasn't playing well and Lucho threw a hissy fit... And then the ref thing happened...

El Guaje

Busi said that Lucho made some mistakes in preparing for the match.
Lucho replies (a story from Sport):
http://www.sport-english.com/en/news/barca/luis-enrique-contradicts-sergio-busquets-post-match-comments-5838473

Luis Enrique disagreed with Sergio Busquets’ comments after Barcelona were hammered by Paris Saint-Germain on Tuesday.

Busquets had said a series “of tactical errors and planning” were to blame for the defeat, even adding that “PSG surprised us because we didn’t expect them to play like that.”

“I don’t know what Busquets is referring to,” Luis Enrique said, visibly annoyed at the midfielders comments.

“It’s not true that they surprised us. But I’m not going to get into that because I’m not a fan of these interviews on the pitch straight after the game when [players] are still going at 200 miles an hour.

“I don’t believe in those type of interviews, to be honest.”

Busquets to be left out of squad from now on? :p

F

FlaFCB

1487116711182.jpg

Sport all in now:

"This is not Barça

Enrique's team gets an historical humiliation in Paris.

Only neymar and mats were good, in a team without soul and unrecognizable.

Shipwreck of a Barça without a coach"

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I remember when Lucho was compared to Pep and some thought he would surpass him.

Oh the horror......what a way that turned out :(

opjeoff

Busi shouldnt have said what he said. What he said makes the situation worse as it seems you arent with the manager. unprofessional from busi and lucho did well to try and dismiss it. are you guys so angry u cant even see when a player is in the wrong? ffs im pissed with lucho too but the players lost todays match and should carry the blame. its because people in football these days are so quick to blame managers that players dont really care if they lose or not.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Busi shouldnt have said what he said. What he said makes the situation worse as it seems you arent with the manager. unprofessional from busi and lucho did well to try and dismiss it. are you guys so angry u cant even see when a player is in the wrong? ffs im pissed with lucho too but the players lost todays match and should carry the blame. its because people in football these days are so quick to blame managers that players dont really care if they lose or not.

Busquets was asked about what happened, he answered truthfully. Pique was asked about it earlier this season, he answered truthfully. The press asked Lucho about us not playing well earlier this season, he kept coming up with excuses and rejected that belief. He refused to see what the players, the press and many of the fans saw.

Do you think the players should carry the blame when they seem to have been concerned with the tactics and match preparation all season? It might make it worse, but eventually frustration gets you. Players are blamed for a lot, but they cannot be blamed for lack of proper preparation and tactics. They cannot be blamed for not having been the right tools to play at their ultimate best as a team.

The manager/coaching position in football is vital. You can have a great team and a bad coach and get bad results.

Devils

That's a great cover from Sport. It couldn't be anymore true.

We've abandoned all the great ideologies and values Johan instilled upon this club. He'd be disgusted if he saw he score today and he'd be even more disgusted if he saw how we played today.

F

FlaFCB

I don't think he said anything wrong. He said they were surprised, and it really looks like they were. Team was clueless on what to do. This is not even new. Barça's been playing badly for over a year now. The tem play deteriorated progressively.

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
It came a little too late, though... I know the result were okay-ish but the lack of identity is at least a year old...

It took a massive defeat to start pointing fingers, when there's little we can do to revert our current situation...

Home of Barca Fans