Luis Enrique

BBZ8800

I honestly can't understand people who are still behind Lucho. We are playing bad from March last year. Players are confused, we do not have clear tactics and we rely heavily on MSN. When will people realize he has lost it, after we loose all trophies this season?

We have very very good squad, except RB position we are well covered, much better than last season and we will cover RB position also in January but nothing will change. Is it not obvious that entire squad is out of the form?! Look at Neymar, Suarez, Rakitic, Busquets! Level of their form is far below what we are used to not to mention that they do not even know what should they play. Neymar is all over the place, Busquets is lost in Lucho tactics, Rakitic also. Compare Neymar in Brazil with this one. Every single player in our squad is currently bellow his optimal form ant that can be only MANAGER'S fault!

1. imo, Lucho is lost and poor, but
2. way too many of our players have won way too many trophies and are mentally exhausted and they will never be "hungry" again

Messi, Iniesta, Busquets, Rakitic, Neymar, Alba, Pique, Mascherano etc.
Some of them can still play at good level even without 100% hunger, like Messi, Pique etc.
But our whole team is more or less lost on motivation, and then, we are guided by a poor coach.

Lucho will probably leave, but I don't have too much faith in our team.
This summer, director Robert and majority of our fans thought that our key problem is a lack of depth. People thought that our starting 11 is good and that we only need subs to rest our starters.
People will say: we were so good in 2014/15, this team surely isn't dead.
But then, imo, this team is dead on a motivational level since 2011'.
Pep, Tito, Tata, the core of this team was dying on a motivational level.
Then in 2014, we regained some of lost motivation with a new coach, a few new players (Suarez, Raki) and with a lot of luck, reaching a bottom and then with an insane collective momentum of a whole team.
But, imo, that wasn't a proof how this team is still alive and hungry, but just a last show from a dying man (our team).

Lucho will be gone, but what we will have longterm?
1. Messi is older and sicker each new season, and he will be weaker and weaker each new year
2. Neymar is a clown who will probably have a free fall from this point and he will only ruin a lot of things in our club
3. Suarez is ok on a motivational level, but he is getting older and more drained also
4. Rakitic seems as he lost all his motivational batteries. He is crap for 1 year now in Barca's shirt, and he is playing poor and strange (slightly arrogant) in Croatian's shirt also
5. Iniesta is at the end of his career
6. Busi is way past his prime and his motivation is gone
7. Pique, he can still regain some of motivation, but...
8. Masch, motivation gone, wants to leave
9. Mats, a showboating clown

So, what we have in the end?
1. Roberto, this guy has motivation. But: is he a Cm? Is he a Dcm? Is he a RB? Is he a longterm RB solution?
2. Umtiti is a future
3. Alba is still useful
4. Digne also, but he is far from the world class attacking level
5. Denis, Gomes, Rafinha, they are very questionable long term
6. Paco, lel
7. Munir, Samper and others, extremely questionable whether they are of Barca's level

I know that this sounds extremely negative, but try to fast forward 2 years, let's say to a winter of 2018:
1. Messi aged 31. Motivation and abilities way weaker than today
2. Neymar (let's hope that he will be gone by then)
3. Suarez, 31. Hard to tell how good he will be then
4. Iniesta, gone by then, or benched
5. Rakitic. Will he be able to run more than 30 minutes per match by then?
6. Busi? Who knows how he will play by then
Etc

We don't have any player in our team with whom we can say with certainty: this guy will improve insanely and he will lead our team in 2-3 years.
Messi, Suarez, Iniesta, Raki, Busi, Pique=can all be only weaker by then.

My point is: Director Robert turned to youngsters this summer. Youngsters with potential, but who are a huge risk (Denis, Gomes, Paco, even Mats).
We will now buy Cancelo, who can be a next Vidal.

Our short term future like 3-4 seasons (even with Messi) looks quite poor currently.
We can magically have a phoenix season like in 2014/15, but in general, we will fall deeper and deeper each new season.

About future signings and rebuilding a team, I would like to see a mix of some youngsters, like 22 years old, but also some 26-27-28 year olds who are proven and who can play good for 3-4 seasons, with less risks (than 22 year olds).

So, Lucho is one problem.
But I personally don't have too much faith (long term) in our current team.
Our team is more or less like a 31 years old guy who won everything and who is currently having more and more recurrent knee ligaments problems.
Majority of our key-core players are too old and are getting physically weaker each new month, while our motivation is gone for years (except for that magical one time Phoenix comeback in 2014/15).

So:
1. yes, Lucho out
2. but, PLEASE, YES for rebuilding a team, but NOT with only 22 years who are a huge risk

It is easy to be smart today, but in hindsight, we will need players like Gundogan now.
Not kids, already proven, good experience, very high motivation since they haven't won major trophies and not too expensive.

We will need to pull 3-4-5 Umtitis/Gundogans in the next 2-3 summers plus 1-2 major star players (the next Suarez/Neymar) like Coutinho or some random new Fcs one day to create at least somewhat playable team for the era when Messi will be gone.

Last edited:

KingLeo10

perhaps the most insightful indication that he's lost the plot is in his press conferences - the same nonsense about being unlucky when we blow these easy points and showing character when messi pulls us out of the hole. the manager sets the tone for the team and we've seen the likes of mourinho utterly crumble when their aura is lost. lucho seems to be headed in the same direction if not there already.

mssarm

2. way too many of our players have won way too many trophies and are mentally exhausted and they will never be "hungry" again

Some of them can still play at good level even without 100% hunger, like Messi, Pique etc.
But our whole team is more or less lost on motivation, and then, we are guided by a poor coach.

This summer, director Robert and majority of our fans thought that our key problem is a lack of depth. People thought that our starting 11 is good and that we only need subs to rest our starters.
Then in 2014, we regained some of lost motivation with a new coach, a few new players (Suarez, Raki) and with a lot of luck, reaching a bottom and then with an insane collective momentum of a whole team.
But, imo, that wasn't a proof how this team is still alive and hungry, but just a last show from a dying man (our team).

1. Messi is older and sicker each new season, and he will be weaker and weaker each new year
2. Neymar is a clown who will probably have a free fall from this point and he will only ruin a lot of things in our club
3. Suarez is ok on a motivational level, but he is getting older and more drained also
4. Rakitic seems as he lost all his motivational batteries. He is crap for 1 year now in Barca's shirt, and he is playing poor and strange (slightly arrogant) in Croatian's shirt also

1. Roberto, this guy has motivation. But: is he a Cm? Is he a Dcm? Is he a RB? Is he a longterm RB solution?
2. Umtiti is a future
3. Alba is still useful
6. Paco, lel
7. Munir, Samper and others, extremely questionable whether they are of Barca's level

I know that this sounds extremely negative, but try to fast forward 2 years, let's say to a winter of 2018:
Etc

We don't have any player in our team with whom we can say with certainty: this guy will improve insanely and he will lead our team in 2-3 years.

My point is: Director Robert turned to youngsters this summer. Youngsters with potential, but who are a huge risk (Denis, Gomes, Paco, even Mats).

Our short term future like 3-4 seasons (even with Messi) looks quite poor currently.
We can magically have a phoenix season like in 2014/15, but in general, we will fall deeper and deeper each new season.

About future signings and rebuilding a team, I would like to see a mix of some youngsters, like 22 years old, but also some 26-27-28 year olds who are proven and who can play good for 3-4 seasons, with less risks (than 22 year olds).

Our team is more or less like a 31 years old guy who won everything and who is currently having more and more recurrent knee ligaments problems.
Majority of our key-core players are too old and are getting physically weaker each new month, while our motivation is gone for years (except for that magical one time Phoenix comeback in 2014/15).

So:
1. yes, Lucho out
2. but, PLEASE, YES for rebuilding a team, but NOT with only 22 years who are a huge risk

It is easy to be smart today, but in hindsight, we will need players like Gundogan now.
Not kids, already proven, good experience, very high motivation since they haven't won major trophies and not too expensive.

We will need to pull 3-4-5 Umtitis/Gundogans in the next 2-3 summers plus 1-2 major star players (the next Suarez/Neymar) like Coutinho or some random new Fcs one day to create at least somewhat playable team for the era when Messi will be gone.

That is exactly what Florentino Perez is doing. Please tell me why are you still a Barca fan.

BBZ8800

That is exactly what Florentino Perez is doing. Please tell me why are you still a Barca fan.

What is Florentino doing?
Buying expensive developed players?

If this is what you wanted to say, can you explain in which way we (Barca) are different?
I guess that you wanted to say: we rely on La Masia.
Well, we relied on La Masia only during our insanely lucky generation in the last 10-15 years.

Before that, we were always a buying club.

So, yes, Real and Barca were more or less always the same in terms of how we have built our teams.
If your reply is about something else, apologies.

We are not better or holier than RM.
During majority of our history, we were just a richy rich team with 10 of hit and miss transfers each summer.
Until we "pulled" Messi-Xavi-Iniesta from a magic hat.

hulinat

so youre saying that basicly in about 14 months Iniesta will be gone, busi will have turned into an average player and rakitic cant run for 30 mins no more? please.

mssarm

What is Florentino doing?
Buying expensive developed players?

If this is what you wanted to say, can you explain in which way we (Barca) are different?
I guess that you wanted to say: we rely on La Masia.
Well, we relied on La Masia only during our insanely lucky generation in the last 10-15 years.

Before that, we were always a buying club.

So, yes, Real and Barca were more or less always the same in terms of how we have built our teams.
If your reply is about something else, apologies.

We are not better or holier than RM.
During majority of our history, we were just a richy rich team with 10 of hit and miss transfers each summer.
Until we "pulled" Messi-Xavi-Iniesta from a magic hat.

So you are saying Real and Barca are pretty much the same when it comes to building the team. That's how you feel when you see Real and Barca on the pitch: Same shit with different sets of players.

Last edited:

BBZ8800

So you are saying Real and Barca are pretty much the same when it comes to building the team. That's how you feel when you see Real and Barca on the pitch: Same shit with different sets of players.

When you remove politics, Catalonia is not Spain and relying on La Masia in the last 10 years when we were blessed with golden eggs:
Sporting wise, how are we exactly different than RM, Bayern or Man Utd?
Man Utd had the same golden youth product generation in 90s.
Bayern always uses a lot of domestic players.
RM used the same amount of youth players as we did (minus the last 10 years when we were blessed).

If you want to live in an illusion that we are totally different then all other teams, fine.
I mean, we sold our logos and shirt lately.
We invested 200-300M in a single player. And his dad.
I don't see too much difference with RM, Man Utd or anyone, sorry.

serghei

If you want to live in an illusion that we are totally different then all other teams, fine.

True. Playing stile aside, we're a normal big club.

Raketa10

2. Umtiti is a future
3. Alba is still useful
6. Paco, lel

Etc

So:
1. yes, Lucho out

Jesus Christ what is this post all about?! So you predict total doom in 12 months?!?! Messi will be way weaker in 12 months?!?! Rakitic could run only 30 min?!?! You hope Neymar will be out?!?! WTF?! :facepalm:

Cmon get a grip please, this is bellow any level!

Last edited:
R

reaper

True. Playing stile aside, we're a normal big club.

The Catalans who fill the Camp Nou every week disagree.

6280224691_f9a653c1d5_z.jpg

Saying - 'taking the politics out of the club' is like saying taking the brain out the human.. :lol::lol:

Last edited:

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
When you remove politics, Catalonia is not Spain and relying on La Masia in the last 10 years when we were blessed with golden eggs:
Sporting wise, how are we exactly different than RM, Bayern or Man Utd?
Man Utd had the same golden youth product generation in 90s.
Bayern always uses a lot of domestic players.
RM used the same amount of youth players as we did (minus the last 10 years when we were blessed).

Absolutely correct. We are pretty much not any different than the rest of the big clubs. Only difference being, the board cannot be as trigger happy as others though, the Cules tend to have a bigger say.

However, traditionally Cules seem to be more interested in the game play than the trophy cabinet. Lucho could force the hands of the board if we do not have the trophies pouring in, and that is especially because he changed the style and also it is a popular opinion that club need to make the best use of Leo when he could still help us a player, which I agree with personally

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans