Luis Enrique

I thought Messi was our coach when we won treble. :messi:

But really, every time we win is because of the players and every time we don't it's Lucho's fault.

People need to stop acting like that's a contradiction. I'm not saying it's true, but it's perfectly possible for us to win because of the players and lose because of the coach.

Mido

Eventhough he might make some odd decisions, I am quite irritated by the Lucho-bashing.

Let's take a look at the positive aspects of the current situation and start to find alternative systems. I would like us to try out the current line-up vs Sociedad :

[formation=barca,6]
Cillessen
0-Piqué-0-0-0-Umtiti-0
Vidal-0-0-0-0-0-Digne
0-Rakitic-0-0-0-Gomes-0
0-0-0-0-0-0-0
0-0-0-Messi-0-0-0
Turan-0-0-0-0-0-Neymar
0-0-0-Suarez-0-0-0
[/formation]

MSN + Arda shall be completely rotating.

Vidal showed some very promising moves when attacking but his defensive positioning was a little bit scary at times.

Denis doesn't bring stability in the midfield.

I hope Iniesta and/or Rafinha will be fit soon

Messi983

People need to stop acting like that's a contradiction. I'm not saying it's true, but it's perfectly possible for us to win because of the players and lose because of the coach.

Of course it's possible but we don't ALWAYS win because of the players and ALWAYS lose because of the coach.

But people very rarely give a credit to Lucho when we won and they almost always criticise him when we don't. Even if we'd won the game if we'd just execute our chances better. It's not Lucho's fault that Neymar and Suarez miss 4 or 5 clear chances.

My opinion about that is clear though - we always win and lose as a team. Of course we can win individual games because of one player but I always give a credit for titles to the whole team and coaching staff. And I blame them all when we don't win anything.

Messi983

Eventhough he might make some odd decisions, I am quite irritated by the Lucho-bashing.

Let's take a look at the positive aspects of the current situation and start to find alternative systems. I would like us to try out the current line-up vs Sociedad :

Problem with your lineup is that Arda wasn't really good when he played as RW. Of course we could try that formation but I'd prefer Rafinha there when he's healthy. Probably won't happen though.

LeeRomeno

Of course it's possible but we don't ALWAYS win because of the players and ALWAYS lose because of the coach.

But people very rarely give a credit to Lucho when we won and they almost always criticise him when we don't. Even if we'd won the game if we'd just execute our chances better. It's not Lucho's fault that Neymar and Suarez miss 4 or 5 clear chances.

My opinion about that is clear though - we always win and lose as a team. Of course we can win individual games because of one player but I always give a credit for titles to the whole team and coaching staff. And I blame them all when we don't win anything.

Great post!

xXKonan

C22Fdg5WIAEGheQ.jpg

xXKonan

Not really surprising.

Vidal offers a lot more going forward than Roberto does and that's what Messi wants. I think at this point after half a season so far+last season Roberto won't develop to have that attacking instinct the way we want.

Not his fault since he's a CM. I might get shit for this but is Roberto really that much better at defending than Vidal to an extent that we are willing to have our right side be a black hole devoid of any attacking or creativity whatsoever?

Vidal has the pace and attacking instinct the right hand side has been missing all season long. We can't buy a good quality RB this window and Roberto at this point isn't the answer to our problems why not at least give Vidal more chances?

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
I thought Messi was our coach when we won treble. :messi:

But really, every time we win is because of the players and every time we don't it's Lucho's fault.

Thought he was referring to 12/13 when Tito was ill for the second half of the season, no? Roura hardly counts as a coach.

Mido

Problem with your lineup is that Arda wasn't really good when he played as RW. Of course we could try that formation but I'd prefer Rafinha there when he's healthy. Probably won't happen though.

It's true that he seems to be a lot better playing as a LW but I can hardly see Neymar on the right side or as striker.

However it could be very interesting if the front three keep on switching positions

BarçaBarça

How many in here still wants a new coach after this season? Maybe we should do a poll - 2-3 weeks ago some people wanted him sacked right away, but with RM's current loses, I'm not sure how many still believes that.

I'm leaning towards a new coach after this season, myself - regardless of how many trophies we win. And I really hope we do win a lot, so Lucho can get a great farewell.

Home of Barca Fans