Luis Enrique

F

FlaFCB

Exactly, where did he get that Suarez average position was next to Busquets? His apps and calculation has its flaws measuring positions.

It's the average from where players had touches. Suarez had very few, and not really finished much in that match.

Cool

This is Barcelona, a big time club, a club that should be competing in all fronts.

No offense but miss me with that we dont need CDR talk.

God Serena

Holy Batman, what a post here. Someone who has been in a coma for last 10 years wakes up, reads this and thinks, well damn, my favorite club is in a really bad shape :(
Then check outs and finds that in last 10 years it has won 24 major trophies, thats 2,4 trophies on average per season for last 10 years.
Well i guess Real Madrid has won even more and that 24 trophies is not really comparable. Then finds out Real Madrid has won 12 in same timeperiod. 1 La Liga in last 9 years.

But hey, unless we win every single trophy, but not only win it, but win every single game in every single competition and hey, not just win it, but demolish our opponents by at least 3 goals, there is still reason to whine. Isnt there...

So basically you don't mind us being shit now because hey, we've got history!

You sound like a Real Madrid fan.

Ghostmaster

Danger Ahead
Most of BarcaForum: "the CdR doesn't matter; we need to stop emphasising the Cup; let's focus on the league and the Cl"

[Barca lose a CdR match]
"Omg, crisis, what is this shit, sack Lucho, splurge 100m on Verrati, sell Neymar."

-.-

It's not about that we lost in Cdr, it's what this matches tells us. It again shows that Lucho still can't figure out how to deal with high pressing team and this time even with Iniesta. Next time we'll face team like that in La Liga or CL and we again will see Umtiti playing tikitaka with Ter Stegen in their own penalty box, Ter Stegen, Alba, Roberto sending balls to opposition defenders because they don't know what to do, MSN isolated, Rakitic playing as RB and overall chaotic and unattractive football.

LeeRomeno

So basically you don't mind us being shit now because hey, we've got history!

You sound like a Real Madrid fan.

Is that suppose to be an insult or something? I have no negative feelings towards Real Madrid really.
And no, i don't mind us playing worse at times as i realize one cannot simply be at their best all the time. Who cares about our shape in January, chickens are counted in spring.

F

FlaFCB

Is that suppose to be an insult or something? I have no negative feelings towards Real Madrid really.
And no, i don't mind us playing worse at times as i realize one cannot simply be at their best all the time. Who cares about our shape in January, chickens are counted in spring.

No negative feelings for rm? Strange thing for a cule to say.
Everyone should care about our shape right now. Being out of the race for la Liga so soon, or being out of the cl in the round of 16 are possibilities now, with the way the team is playing.

Vilarrubi

No negative feelings for Madrid? Every Barca fan should have negative feelings for Madrid and visa versa, it's part of a healthy rivalry. Pretty weird thing to say, Barca fans are brought up disliking Madrid especially Catalan like myself.

F

FlaFCB

Luis Enrique says Barcelona played well against Athletic

The Barcelona coach spoke about the cup game, Neymar's lack of goals and more at his press conference

Sport EN | 7.1.2017 | 16:05h.

Luis Enrique insists he was pleased with the way Barcelona played against Athletic Club in Bilbao, even though they lost the Copa del Rey last 16 first leg tie.

He said: “In Bilbao we played very well and created lots of chances. The team deserved more and we won't change the way we set ourselves up for the next game even though we didn't get the result we wanted in San Mamés. :scared:

“The whole team had a very positive attitude in Bilbao. They closed space down well without the ball, pressed high up the pitch and kept their shape well. :facepalm:

“When you don't get what you want from a game it is normal to be angry but the players handled the pressure well."

Other key quotes:

On Neymar's lack of goals: “Neymar Jr is playing well, he has always been very mature and handles all kind of situations well, I am sure he will score goals."

On video tech: “Anything that helps the referees and improves the footballing show and protects the players is something I am in favour of. We need to help the referees as it is difficult to make a decision in a split second. It is a difficult job."

We're really doomed this season. FFS.

God Serena

No negative feelings towards Real Madrid? The hell? Didn't you once say you've been a fan for X amount of decades? What is wrong with you?

And we've been playing poorly for going on a year now, but we're only getting worse. There won't be any chickens to count come Spring if we're playing like this and all the chickens are dead by mid-winter.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
People talk about the shape of the team and how it only matters from March and onwards without realizing that the shape of the team won't magically elevate to the level required just because we're a couple of months forward in the future. The coaching staff need to make the right changes and the players need to play to what they're instructed to do.

In 2014/15, we didn't play remotely as bad as we're doing right now. The year we peaked at the right time. Since January 2016, we've had probably no more than 6-7 great games. Notice how I talk about games, not halfs, but full games.

If we keep waiting for the team to magically peak from March, then we might already be out of the title race in the league and eliminated in the CL, because no matter the joke PSG have been this season, they're still capable of beating a Barcelona team that is getting dominated by teams they weren't in previous seasons.

God Serena

People talk about the shape of the team and how it only matters from March and onwards without realizing that the shape of the team won't magically elevate to the level required just because we're a couple of months forward in the future. The coaching staff need to make the right changes and the players need to play to what they're instructed to do.

In 2014/15, we didn't play remotely as bad as we're doing right now. The year we peaked at the right time. Since January 2016, we've had probably no more than 6-7 great games. Notice how I talk about games, not halfs, but full games.

If we keep waiting for the team to magically peak from March, then we might already be out of the title race in the league and eliminated in the CL, because no matter the joke PSG have been this season, they're still capable of beating a Barcelona team that is getting dominated by teams they weren't in previous seasons.

This. We're not much better now than we were when we lost to Alaves at home, and despite what Lucho says after every game, we weren't unlucky, we were awful.

Mitchell1978

Most of BarcaForum: "the CdR doesn't matter; we need to stop emphasising the Cup; let's focus on the league and the Cl"

[Barca lose a CdR match]
"Omg, crisis, what is this shit, sack Lucho, splurge 100m on Verrati, sell Neymar."

-.-

this and every time there's a bad game we get either overreactions or this negative or defaitist attitude

Home of Barca Fans