Luis Enrique

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
It's going to happen eventually and he'll then do his best to beat Barça no matter what it cost.

Same will happen if Xavi and/or Busquets eventually one day take over. They'll leave and seek other challenges, and try to beat Barça.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Yeah it is. Epl is attracting players but many get soft there as they see it as retirement plan. Football is much better in Spain.

But yeah, someone else could argue Porugal league is the best so it's all opinions. That is, until we look at who's been winning European titles and played finals in last decade or so.
List grows even worse for epl teams in the 90s when Serie A was the best so basically in our lifetime Epl has little to show for except money pumped in artificially through sugardaddy owners and mass marketing in China, India & US.

FTFY

Devils

Looks like it is a matter of time. If he does go there, will definitely be cheering for Lucho next season in EPL even if he is at Chelsea.

Trickykid

God damn it, I'll actually have to root for Chelskij then with both AC and Lucho on the payroll. Who would've thought...

Horatio

You're welcome
God damn it, I'll actually have to root for Chelskij then with both AC and Lucho on the payroll. Who would've thought...

Let's not forget about PR.

I think Luis Enrique and Chelsea are a huge mismatch though. Enrique has too strong of a personality and will clash with those players. He would be good for Arsenal to kick some fighting mentality in those softies. Or maybe United because of the younger average age.

denpietrau

Crashed and burned at Roma. Managed to stay afloat with MSN for a short while until he, well, crashed and burned, and now looks set to crash and burn with Chelsea.

Exciting stuff.

I agree with you. Maybe Chel$ea will play well at first, but then it will be chaos. Lucho is a Barcelonista truly but he doesn't have Barça ADN. Good luck with Chel$ea and Abramovich.

Last edited:
Let's not forget about PR.

I think Luis Enrique and Chelsea are a huge mismatch though. Enrique has too strong of a personality and will clash with those players. He would be good for Arsenal to kick some fighting mentality in those softies. Or maybe United because of the younger average age.

I'd much rather have seen Pep go to United and Lucho to Arsenal.

Looks like it is a matter of time. If he does go there, will definitely be cheering for Lucho next season in EPL even if he is at Chelsea.

I'll root for Pep personally. Don't like City either but I prefer them to Chelsea. Would probably have rooted for Lucho had he gone anywhere else.

Oh well, Lucho most likely won't be there for very long. Him and Chelsea is basically a ticking time bomb :lol:

Last edited:

Nothanks

I think his style of directness and rigid playing suits EPL much more than la liga, would be interesting nonetheless.

jamrock

Bad decision by Chelsea if they want him he will get shown up by better coaches
Pep
Jose
Kloop
poch

If Conte who is a way better coach that Luis can't fix it, I don't see how Luis will, plus he will have a sqaud build exclusively to play 3-5-2 or something alone those lines, he will need a bunch if transfers to bring the sqaud around

Catta

Conte is not a way better coach than Lucho. Conte is one of the most overrated coaches in the world, has never done anything in the CL, and whenever his teams played european football alongside league they were shit. Allegri was not rated as highly when he took over Juve like he is now, many Juve fans were against him, and jet in one season he did more than Conte in his whole Juve career. And his title with Chelsea is also nothing special, no european football, and all his competition was much worse than it is this season.

RMU ReBorn

I agree with you. Maybe Chel$ea will play well at first, but then it will be chaos. Lucho is a Barcelonista truly but he doesn't have Barça ADN. Good luck with Chel$ea and Abramovich.

Can you explain what Barca Dna is ? Lucho's system was more close to the way We used to play before Pep . Pep was a revolutionary who's influence go's back to Cruyff as well as Bielsa. Barca Dna is not Tiki taka which Pep showed us

Birdy

Conte is not a way better coach than Lucho. Conte is one of the most overrated coaches in the world, has never done anything in the CL, and whenever his teams played european football alongside league they were shit. Allegri was not rated as highly when he took over Juve like he is now, many Juve fans were against him, and jet in one season he did more than Conte in his whole Juve career. And his title with Chelsea is also nothing special, no european football, and all his competition was much worse than it is this season.

Couldn't disagree more with a post!
Conte is world-class.
First of all, there is a misconception that he plays defensively, because he always employs a 3-man defense. Both at Juventus and Chelsea, he tries to break opponents, open them up by having almost 7 players in and round the box. Compare him with Simeone or Mourinho to see who is playing defensively!
Regarding the points you raised: i) Of course there was significant competition in EPL last year. The thing is that Chelsea proved much better than anyone else, much like City this year, and managed to win the league early.
ii)This is his third only year in Europe. Juve 11-12 and Chelsea 16-17 were not participating in European competitions.
And , so far at least, his only european failure was the elimination in the group stage in 13-14. But then Juve went on to reach the semi-final of Europa League, and was better than Benfica in the semis.
Then in 12-13 he reached the CL quarter-finals, but run into a machine called Huynkes' Bayern of that season
This year he might get eliminated by Barca, because we have a better team.
iii) Allegri did well of course to reach CL final twice in 3 years. But, we don't know what Conte could have done if stayed there. Remember he didn't leave for footballing reasons, but because he disagreed with the clu's policy.
Let's now look at what he has achieved: This will be his first year NOT TO win the domestic league in all his coaching years in top clubs (Juve 11-14, Cheslea 16-now). And if you say that 'yeah, juve is like bayern wining the league every year'. Well, guess what? Conte created that. Look where Juve was before him taking over. And his first year it was really tough to win the league against a very good Milan coached by Allegri back then.
Oh, and i forgot to mention that he took an Italian national side with a mediocre squad to play greatly in the Euros, eliminating Spain being the better team, and playing versus the beast team in the competition, Germany, as equal, losing only on penalties.

Well, you are right. Surely overrated coach! LOL
Wait to see if he takes over Real in the summer, with the squad they have, how easily we will be winning the league.

PS: How can someone compare him to Lucho, who was carried all the way by MSN, is beyond me

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans