Luis Enrique

xXKonan

Wonder if he watched City-Monaco tonight and what he thinks of his team in comparison in terms of running and passing and if he thinks Barca would stand a chance against either team.
I remember reading a quote he made not to long ago saying he doesn't really go near any sort of media even when he's drunk. :lol:

Not sure how accurate it is and I might of made a mistake on that quote but It wouldn't surprise me tbh.

Barcilliant

Wonder if he watched City-Monaco tonight and what he thinks of his team in comparison in terms of running and passing and if he thinks Barca would stand a chance against either team.

Atletico have one of the best defences in Europe and still conceded two against a weakened Leverkusen.

Barcelona Fan

LADG4ug.jpg

Looking at those side by side makes me wanna cry.

On the one side: Xavi and Iniesta both in their primes. On the other side: Gomes, Rafinha and Rakitic. As average as Luis Enrique might be - unfortunately the squad bar the front 3 is not distinguishable from a random EPL or La Liga top 4 team like Arsenal, Tottenham or Sevilla.

F

FlaFCB

On the one side: Xavi and Iniesta both in their primes. On the other side: Gomes, Rafinha and Rakitic. As average as Luis Enrique might be - unfortunately the squad bar the front 3 is not distinguishable from a random EPL or La Liga top 4 team like Arsenal, Tottenham or Sevilla.

Xavi and Iniesta aren't the only players who can pass the ball. Also, this is from last season:

C5IEzuvWcAAynpy.jpg

And this season, with Iniesta and Busi:

C1gTUT1W8AESqJQ.jpg:large

God Serena

Yeah, these maps show the tactics are deteriorating, and it has less to do with the actual squad. Yeah, having Gomes trade passes with Rafinha is always going to be less pretty than Xavi and Iniesta, but the issue is tactics more than it is our players, although Gomes is pretty bad, too.

One thing that's clear to me is that Enrique doesn't want to be there any more. His mind's probably already on his vacation or whatever.

Still, now that we have a realistic chance of stealing the league, he should do his best to do that and leave on a high note. But he should leave regardless.

Last edited:

BBZ8800

La liga is back on, we are back in the game.

There is a chance that this will be a glorious season in the end.
But I am still afraid (because of Lucho, poor mental state of our squad, our midfielders and Roberto as the only RB currently) that this will sadly end as Tata's season.
Real Madrid will slip round after round and we will get a few more chances, but we will blew every single chance.

Let's hope that we will win against AM and go on a winning streak.
But if not, we will all just hope and hope over and over and just prolong our agony with a current season.

Against AM, everything is possible:
1. a sudden twist in our play and that we will play like hungry and lime crazy
2. or another horrible display like against Leganes, even though we had a chance to catch RM

With a current team and Lucho, virtually any and even the most extreme scenario is possible in this moment.

serghei

But I am still afraid (because of Lucho, poor mental state of our squad, our midfielders and Roberto as the only RB currently) that this will sadly end as Tata's season.
Real Madrid will slip round after round and we will get a few more chances, but we will blew every single chance.

But if not, we will all just hope and hope over and over and just prolong our agony with a current season.

2. or another horrible display like against Leganes, even though we had a chance to catch RM

With a current team and Lucho, virtually any and even the most extreme scenario is possible in this moment.

Even if we win he double somehow and we play well, if Madrid win the CL again by some chance everyone will say the season was a disaster.

Neymessi

Real will play us and ateltico at home but we face both of them at away. Very tough but yeah our best bet to win a trophy apart from copa is to somehow overturn the odds.

BBZ8800

Real will play us and ateltico at home but we face both of them at away. Very tough but yeah our best bet to win a trophy apart from copa is to somehow overturn the odds.

I didn't mean about big matches at all.

I am fearing that RM will slip again at least 3-4 times, but we will also slip again at least 3-4-5 times.

Look at our season till now:
1 Betis 6:2
2 Bilbao 1:0
ALAVES 1:2
1 Leganes 5:1
ATLETICO 1:1
1 Gijon 5:0
CELTA 3:4
1 Depor 4:0
2 Valencia 3:2
3 Granada 1:0
4 Sevilla 2:1
MALAGA 0:0
SOCIEDAD 1:1
REAL 1:1
1 Osasuna 3:0
2 Espanyol 4:1
VILLAREAL 1:1
1 Las Palmas 5:0
2 Eibar 4:0
BETIS 1:1
1 Bilbao 3:0
2 Alaves 6:0
3 Leganes 2:1

23 matches, 15 wins and 8 draws/defeats
So, our ratio of wins/not wins is NOT even 2:1 this season. It is currently even slightly lower than that.

We have 15 matches left, stats from this season indicate that we will probably fail in 3-5 matches.
Also, in this season, our longest winning streak was 4 matches (Deportivo, Valencia, Granada, Sevilla) and even there we had a 90th min penalty win 3:2 against Valencia and a 1:0 against Granada.

Basically, this season, we have only 2 streaks with more than 2 wins in a row. One winning streak with 4 matches and a current streak with 3 wins in a row (where we again needed a 90th minute penalty kick against Leganes).
So, basically, our current 3-match winning streak is our 2nd LONGEST winning streak in La Liga this season :shakeshead:

We all hope that we will magically have a 10-match winning streak now or that we will win 13-14 matches in the last 15 games.
But seriously, how realistic is that?

Of course, we can always repeat 2014/15 season, but...

Last edited:

vinni

i dont understand why we needed to change our tactics from the treble season and 2015/2016.We where pawning everyone back then. Our CL exit in 2016 seemed to be because of fatigue. So What happened that made us push our midfielders so damn wide on the pitch?

Worst of all is that Judging from Pique's statements,it seems they believe in Luchos change of tactic. I also read that Raki said the team needed to evolve to counter new tactics from opposing teams.I expected a similiar situation like when we lost to socidad after the PSG match but they are still supporting Lucho. I just dont understand what is the problem/situation. Its truly a confusing season.

Anyways, i hope we win tomorrow. :)

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
It's not that he changed much. It's that teams figured a way to counter his tactics and he never improved or found a way to get back to the dominance or upper hand.

Last edited:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Lucho NEED to continue with this system from now on. This suits the current state of the team much, much better.

Home of Barca Fans