Results 12,691 to 12,698 of 12698

Thread: Luis Enrique

Valverde Cultist
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fati_Future_BallonDor View Post
    16/17 we had Andre Gomes, Rakitic and old Iniesta as our midfield so i give no fault to Lucho but 15/16 i expected more as we were by far the best team in the world.
    Rakitic I've grown to appreciate, Iniesta was still good and he bought Turan and Gomes in

You're welcome
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I honestly like Lucho. Think he's doing a good job with Spain as well. Also liked him as a player from what I have seen.
    But he has worst track record for transfers for Barca. The players he brought in were awful and contributed to the setback as well.

To me seems like a coach that will do pretty well with very good material a la Zidane. But not as good with less than great player material and is required to puzzle and ponder and make the pieces fit.
    Last edited by Horatio; 21st February 2021 at 09:15 AM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Luis Enrique decided to play him at LB in a CL QF game against Juve where we lost 3-0 despite not having played there in the previous 5 seasons and having Jordi Alba and Digne. He made a mistake that cost us the first goal, was subbed off at half time, was scapegoated by pretty much everyone including Luis Enrique and never played again for the club. He did well as a CB

Saw this great comment on the r/soccer post about the Mathieu comments today. It highlights how overrated Lucho has become. He was definitely worse than Valverde but gets heralded as some kind of great because he had such a stacked squad.

It is no surprise Valverde came in and improved us considerably the following season even with an older squad and no Neymar.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rassvet View Post
    Luis Enrique decided to play him at LB in a CL QF game against Juve where we lost 3-0 despite not having played there in the previous 5 seasons and having Jordi Alba and Digne. He made a mistake that cost us the first goal, was subbed off at half time, was scapegoated by pretty much everyone including Luis Enrique and never played again for the club. He did well as a CB

Saw this great comment on the r/soccer post about the Mathieu comments today. It highlights how overrated Lucho has become. He was definitely worse than Valverde but gets heralded as some kind of great because he had such a stacked squad.

It is no surprise Valverde came in and improved us considerably the following season even with an older squad and no Neymar.
    Relax dude our squad was garbage in 16/17.
    Barca will win the league, trust me.

Edit (after 2-1 loss against Cadiz): Don't trust me.

Edit2 (after 1-1 against Eibar): Its over guys.

Edit3 (after Real 1-1 against Elche): Congratulations Atletico.

Atletico & Real out of Copa: Lets win this fucking trophy guys

There is also a second leg.....

Edit4 (after Atletico 2-2 against Celta): Never give up guys.

Edit (after 0-2 against Levante): We are back yeaaaah

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    how was it more garbage in 16-17 than 17-18? All of our vets were younger and we had Neymar

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He still had MSN. Messi was Messi, Suarez was still in his prime (he declined after 16/17) and Neymar. Rakitic was not as good as previous seasons but still good. Only an injured Iniesta and Gomes.

The defense was terrible because of Alves departure and Lucho really did some wrong choice.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rassvet View Post
    how was it more garbage in 16-17 than 17-18? All of our vets were younger and we had Neymar
    Our squad is garbage since 16/17. It was more the way how Valverde has played which annoyed the barca fans.
    Barca will win the league, trust me.

Edit (after 2-1 loss against Cadiz): Don't trust me.

Edit2 (after 1-1 against Eibar): Its over guys.

Edit3 (after Real 1-1 against Elche): Congratulations Atletico.

Atletico & Real out of Copa: Lets win this fucking trophy guys

There is also a second leg.....

Edit4 (after Atletico 2-2 against Celta): Never give up guys.

Edit (after 0-2 against Levante): We are back yeaaaah

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our squad is garbage since 16/17. It was more the way how Valverde has played which annoyed the barca fans.
    Barca fans at that time though Laliga was garbage. Even Messi said how fans were not appreciated it. Karmar is real.