Luis Enrique

xXKonan

If our objective is to protect the back four in a 4-2-3-1 and the gaps in the Midfield, you will probably see Mascherano in the Midfield more often.

He thrives in the Midfield when he doesn't have to worry about ball distribution and he could leave all that up to Busi, while he spends his time shielding the back four and breaking up plays.

Last edited:

xXKonan

If true it's good Lucho is considering fixing the system.

But I feel like it should've been done sooner which allowed time for the players to get use to the formation.

God Serena

Hey, if it can make us better for the rest of the season then why not? It's not like we're playing like Barca right now either.

Well, I personally don't believe it will do us much good at all. Our problem isn't the formation, it's our manager. What good is a 4-2-3-1 if our two DMs are Gomes and Busquets/Mascherano with Iniesta playing behind Suarez while Messi and Neymar are still out wide? There's no doubt in my mind that that would be our starting lineup, and it doesn't seem any better than what we currently have going. We'll still have a huge gap in midfield, Iniesta will most likely remain lost, Gomes will always be slow and incompetent, and Busquets will find himself stranded more often than not, which will leave MSN trying to win all the games on their own and failing and then we're right back at square one. And this is assuming Lucho's idea of midfielders working as second/third wingers actually stops being a thing which, let's be honest, doesn't seem all too likely as he's always been a fan of that tactic even despite the glaring weaknesses that are frequently exploited.

If you ask me this is too little, too late. We don't need a new system, we need a new manager. I've already given up on success for this season, I'd rather we sack Lucho (Or see him resign), bring in our next man who can start forming the team to his vision, and try to come back in full swing come August.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Well, I personally don't believe it will do us much good at all. Our problem isn't the formation, it's our manager. What good is a 4-2-3-1 if our two DMs are Gomes and Busquets/Mascherano with Iniesta playing behind Suarez while Messi and Neymar are still out wide? There's no doubt in my mind that that would be our starting lineup, and it doesn't seem any better than what we currently have going. We'll still have a huge gap in midfield, Iniesta will most likely remain lost, Gomes will always be slow and incompetent, and Busquets will find himself stranded more often than not, which will leave MSN trying to win all the games on their own and failing and then we're right back at square one. And this is assuming Lucho's idea of midfielders working as second/third wingers actually stops being a thing which, let's be honest, doesn't seem all too likely as he's always been a fan of that tactic even despite the glaring weaknesses that are frequently exploited.

If you ask me this is too little, too late. We don't need a new system, we need a new manager. I've already given up on success for this season, I'd rather we sack Lucho (Or see him resign), bring in our next man who can start forming the team to his vision, and try to come back in full swing come August.

Lucho's intention might be to sit deeper and hit the opposition on fast breaks. Despite whatever has happened this season, we still have a considerable amount of games to play, so I'd rather he does something useful and finds something that makes us play better and get better results. He cannot play Gomes along with Busquets though. Got to be Mascherano preferably, or Rakitic.

F

FlaFCB

Lucho's intention might be to sit deeper and hit the opposition on fast breaks. Despite whatever has happened this season, we still have a considerable amount of games to play, so I'd rather he does something useful and finds something that makes us play better and get better results. He cannot play Gomes along with Busquets though. Got to be Mascherano preferably, or Rakitic.

I can see it being Gomes, at least once. He won't drop him now, even more after the booing. And being next to Busi as a box to box could suit him too.

jamrock

Why does everyone seem to believe if Barca play a 4-2-3-1 it as to be with 2DM

The pivots will be busquets plus iniesta and Messi in the middle.

No way in hell will we play masch plus busquets, and even if we did, we would see busquets play more of an attack role.

It will not be a jose double pivot.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Arda is going to be a starter then!

-------ter Stegen
Bob-Pique-Masch-Alba
-----Busi---Iniesta
---------Leo
Arda----Suarez----Neymar

At least Arda not playing in mid field would save the mid field's blushes I guess.

Last edited:

Total-Football

only way to limit the damage is to drop suarez + play a fourth midfielder + give neymar and messi freedom upfront. the fouth midielder is going to play in the right.

Barcilliant

It doesn't matter what system we play. There is no midfielder who can control the game. Iniesta can do it to an extent but no-one else.

Doesn't matter if we play 4-2-3-1 or 5-3-2 or 4-3-3.

Get a proper right back and play Roberto in midfield. No Busquets Please! Just no.

Give Messi freedom to roam in a central, deep position behind the strikers and put Iniesta next to him.

Raketa10

Except Masche and Busi there is no DM in our squad. So if we start to play 4-2-3-1 there are at least 3 problems here.

1. Gomes and even Raki are not suitable for DM role
2. Where is Messi going to play and who will be in the middle of those front 3? Messi? Iniesta? If we put Iniesta it will be basically the same as 4-3-3 so there is no need for changing formation. If we put Messi in the middle who will play on the RW? Arda???
3. In this formation

Ter Stegen
Bob-Pique-Masch (Umtiti)-Alba
Busi---Iniesta
Leo
Arda----Suarez----Neymar

You have 4 players (Leo, Ney, Suarez and Arda) who do not play defense at all + Iniesta way back in the field. No way this would be good. We would be even more vulnerable.

This is very bad idea, manager should choose formation considering players he has and not the other way around, it's like he is playing FIFA on Playstation.

Last edited:

BarçaBarça

only way to limit the damage is to drop suarez + play a fourth midfielder + give neymar and messi freedom upfront. the fouth midielder is going to play in the right.

Yes, Enrique should have experimented with the squad, when it is evident nothing is working, but he did nothing. Re-defining MSN-roles could be one solution.
It seems like he wants to hold on to the 'system' until the end..

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Wonder if he watched City-Monaco tonight and what he thinks of his team in comparison in terms of running and passing and if he thinks Barca would stand a chance against either team.

Home of Barca Fans