Luis Enrique

jamrock

The weakness of the back 3 showed up today, for this to work properly you need at least 1 wingback in midfield,so they can switch to a 4 when needed.

We can't play this against real.

F

FlaFCB

[tw]843611041829474305[/tw]

The journo in question:
[tw]843590882930675713[/tw]

MIXA

The 3-4-3 yesterday was an absolute shit show. If we use this against Madrid we will be completely annihilated.

My only concern is that Enrique is not a proactive coach. He does not change things when they don't work. He only makes changes after a huge disaster has already unfolded. I fear that we may be heading for another 4-0 loss just like the PSG result.

Enrique needs to acknowledge the obvious flaws in his system and make the changes now. Changing the players is not the solution - the system as a whole needs a rethink.

BBZ8800

IMO, we need a 3-4-1-2. Three centrebacks covered on the flanks with alba and roberto going up and down the pitch. In the middle busquets- rakitic with Messi in front of them and Suarez - Neymar duo in the attack.

Imo, that formation would be a bigger disaster than 433.

In 433 you have 3 Cbs, 2 fullbacks and 3 midfielders.
So 3+2 (midfielders plus fullbacks) players who help in creation, but mostly ONLY 3 midfielders.

We turned to 343 to get more midfielders (4).
In your 3412, you have 3 Cbs, 2 midfielders and 2 fullbacks, which is basically a 433 with one midfielder less and one Cb more.
(Unless if you want to attack down the flanks, which we don't do.)

Against weaker teams we don't need defense since they are not attacking.
With 3412, you are losing one more player in a creation.

Last edited:

kilian

Imo, that formation would be a bigger disaster than 433.

In 433 you have 3 Cbs, 2 fullbacks and 3 midfielders.
So 3+2 (midfielders plus fullbacks) players who help in creation, but mostly ONLY 3 midfielders.

We turned to 343 to get more midfielders (4).
In your 3412, you have 3 Cbs, 2 midfielders and 2 fullbacks, which is basically a 433 with one midfielder less and one Cb more.
(Unless if you want to attack down the flanks, which we don't do.)

Against weaker teams we don't need defense since they are not attacking.
With 3412, you are losing one more player in a creation.

You don`t because our midfielders already don`t create anything, especially that weird RCM position. In 3412 we could have a solid defense, with alba and roberto protecting the flanks and helping to create something in the attack and finally letting the two central midfielders to be just that, not some hybrid shit.

I don`t know, maybe it would be a disaster. All I know is that current setup is not working and is hurting my brain every time I watch Barca.

BBZ8800

You don`t because our midfielders already don`t create anything, especially that weird RCM position. In 3412 we could have a solid defense, with alba and roberto protecting the flanks and helping to create something in the attack and finally letting the two central midfielders to be just that, not some hybrid shit.

I don`t know, maybe it would be a disaster. All I know is that current setup is not working and is hurting my brain every time I watch Barca.

Alba and Roberto creating something?
Roberto created 2 actions as a fullback in the last 30 matches.
Alba is not much better either in attack.

But that's just my opinion about a formation with only 2 pure midfielders. I think that we would be even worse than in 433.
About the part where you say that your brain is hurting, are you talking about this whole season (both 433 and 343) or only about 433/343?

Since 343 has problems in defense, but we scored 2 goals against Atletico, 6 against Gijon, 5 against Celta, 5 against Psg and 4 against Valencia.
Against Deportivo we were bad, but that was 3-4 days after an epic win (we were mentally exhausted) plus Lucho played Denis, Gomes and Arda.

For me, for now, 343 is not the same as 433.
In 433, our midfield was horrible, attack was hot and cold (5 goals in one match, and 0-1 in the next match), while defense was fragile also (Roberto).
In 343, defense is surely fragile, but midfield is way better and attack is also better (due to a better midfield).

I don't know whether 433 is the answer for the future, but 433 worked the best mostly when we had prime Xavi and Iniesta.
Those prime guys are not here anymore. We have Rakitic, Gomes, Denis, Rafinha, Roberto who aren't even close in attack, defense, movement, build up, anything.
So, a future 433 (imo) could be only a poor man's version of our winning 433.
When you add that we'll never again have someone like Alves.
Plus that Messi from 2006, 2009 or 2011 is not the same guy in terms of running, that means that a current 433 is weaker by far in at least 4 positions than our prime 433.
Not to mention that opponents figured out over years how to neutralize our 433.

So, I don't know what will happen with 343, but I don't have too much faith anymore in 433.
So, imo, we will either stick with 343 or try new formations like 442, 451 and similar in the future.

kilian

Alba and Roberto creating something?
Roberto created 2 actions as a fullback in the last 30 matches.
Alba is not much better either in attack.

But that's just my opinion about a formation with only 2 pure midfielders. I think that we would be even worse than in 433.
About the part where you say that your brain is hurting, are you talking about this whole season (both 433 and 343) or only about 433/343?

Since 343 has problems in defense, but we scored 2 goals against Atletico, 6 against Gijon, 5 against Celta, 5 against Psg and 4 against Valencia.
Against Deportivo we were bad, but that was 3-4 days after an epic win (we were mentally exhausted) plus Lucho played Denis, Gomes and Arda.

For me, for now, 343 is not the same as 433.
In 433, our midfield was horrible, attack was hot and cold (5 goals in one match, and 0-1 in the next match), while defense was fragile also (Roberto).
In 343, defense is surely fragile, but midfield is way better and attack is also better (due to a better midfield).

I don't know whether 433 is the answer for the future, but 433 worked the best mostly when we had prime Xavi and Iniesta.
Those prime guys are not here anymore. We have Rakitic, Gomes, Denis, Rafinha, Roberto who aren't even close in attack, defense, movement, build up, anything.
So, a future 433 (imo) could be only a poor man's version of our winning 433.
When you add that we'll never again have someone like Alves.
Plus that Messi from 2006, 2009 or 2011 is not the same guy in terms of running, that means that a current 433 is weaker by far in at least 4 positions than our prime 433.
Not to mention that opponents figured out over years how to neutralize our 433.

So, I don't know what will happen with 343, but I don't have too much faith anymore in 433.
So, imo, we will either stick with 343 or try new formations like 442, 451 and similar in the future.

I`m talking about the whole season. They really irritate me this year. I don`t know if it`s just me, but this season is a mix of complacent, don`t give a fuck performances combined with bad tactics, strategy and team management. PSG game was awesome and I was yelling like crazy, couldn`t sleep till like 3 in the morning, watching highlights and reading forums and news portals. But, besides that game I can`t say that watching Barca brought me much joy this year. That`s why I said that my brain hurts when I watch them play.

About tactics - no, Alba and Roberto won`t create, but I said help to create something, meaning offering themselves for a one-two or something. They are good on the ball.

Barcilliant

More than the system it's the quality of midfielders that's causing the problem. Iniesta getting old, Busquets getting exposed, Rakitic so so and the rest not upto Barca standard. We need to buy a midfielder who can exert some sort of control. This will help both offensively and defensively.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Credit him for this formation

Only made it when all looked lost so in his mind he had nothing to lose. I don't really appreciate those kind of "I gave up I don't care decisions".

He rates player like Gomes, Turan, Paco and completely blocked la Masia in 3 years and is not looking like a manager that learns and adapts nor does he look to build for the future. Squeeze what you can while you're here and that's it.

It's time for him to go and for Barca to return to what made it great.

Neymessi

I am very optimistic about our title chances this season. The game in granada is why I think so.

1. Away game
2. After international break
3. No messi
4. Switched abruptly to a 4-3-3 which we were not used to
5. Gomes was in the lineup

After all this we still played well and won which shows we are getting better as a team.

Home of Barca Fans