Luis Enrique

xXKonan

It took nearly 5 months and a Anoeta loss and the drama that followed it for Lucho's ideas to finally start working.

The first part of the season and before the Atletico match on January 11, we weren't doing very well at all. team looked lost and we were being bailed out by individual brilliance. we had some awful games but the one that was really painful was the Anoeta meltdown.

Real dropped points and it was the perfect time to take advantage. But we showed up with the likes of Alves,Messi,Neymar etc on the bench. a very rusty Montoya who started his first league game in months and the first minute we conceded a own goal.

The meltdowns after that was unbelievable and not surprising at all. we finally got our shit together by the Atletico match and we won the treble.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
I'm sorry but football is not a language that you teach little children and after many years you suddenly pronounce words completely differently and they are confused. Grown up men can surely follow simple instructions like: "Leo, stay on the right more, you are leaving the right flank completely empty."

Have you played a team sport ever in your life? What you do on the field through repetition becomes almost instinctual and it takes time to change that.

Neeraj

Can't believe we have people missing Lucho, that too after just one game!

Lucho knew exactly who was good enough - that's why he kept playing Gomes - over and over and over again? Not to mention Mathieu, Arda, etc. who started important games for no reason..

However bad Valverde turns out to be, he's probably not going to be as bad as Lucho was last season. I am a bit disappointed with his lack affirmative action with respect to Paulinho, but I think any decent mid level manager should be an improvement over last season's nonsense. Whether that's good enough for Barca, in turmoil at that, remains to be seen - but all signs point to the board having caused irreversible damage to this season and possibly the next few.

Ocelot

It took nearly 5 months and a Anoeta loss and the drama that followed it for Lucho's ideas to finally start working.

The first part of the season and before the Atletico match on January 11, we weren't doing very well at all. team looked lost and we were being bailed out by individual brilliance. we had some awful games but the one that was really painful was the Anoeta meltdown.

Real dropped points and it was the perfect time to take advantage. But we showed up with the likes of Alves,Messi,Neymar etc on the bench. a very rusty Montoya who started his first league game in months and the first minute we conceded a own goal.

The meltdowns after that was unbelievable and not surprising at all. we finally got our shit together by the Atletico match and we won the treble.

Surprisingly enough, we started winning again after Bartomeu announced an election in Summer

Alik

Can't believe we have people missing Lucho, that too after just one game!

Lucho knew exactly who was good enough - that's why he kept playing Gomes - over and over and over again? Not to mention Mathieu, Arda, etc. who started important games for no reason..

However bad Valverde turns out to be, he's probably not going to be as bad as Lucho was last season. I am a bit disappointed with his lack affirmative action with respect to Paulinho, but I think any decent mid level manager should be an improvement over last season's nonsense. Whether that's good enough for Barca, in turmoil at that, remains to be seen - but all signs point to the board having caused irreversible damage to this season and possibly the next few.

We won the CdR and narrowly missed out on the league last season, beating all the top opponents. Are you implying that we will probably win the CdR and League this year?

We won the CdR and narrowly missed out on the league last season, beating all the top opponents. Are you implying that we will probably win the CdR and League this year?

All our key players are one year older, one year away from their physical peak, and we lost neymar. Also who knows how many points RM will get this time around.

If we sign countinho and dembele we'll probably do as well point wise imo. Beating top opponent is irrelevant when losing at home to minnows.

Neeraj

Let's leave out the CdR (we didn't even have to beat Madrid to it).

Now, coming to the league - let's face it, Messi was on another planet, dragging us in game after game after game. If we had a half decent coach, we should have won the league with a game to spare, considering how many chances Madrid gave us. Individual brilliance by the front 3 took us through a lot of the games; the coach's ineptness is seen in the long run when we kept dropping points to scrub teams. Any time the big guns were left out, the tactical cluelessness was there for everyone to see.

Not to mention, we struggled in Champions league. So no, I don't expect us to do better results wise, because we've lost Neymar, and we've not really strengthened. I am hoping for the quality of football to improve - that's not always equivalent to the trophy cabinet improving; it's just the first step in making the team healthy again, because trophy's or otherwise, it's clear we have severe ailments at the moment.

Cool

So far, he's right about benching Vidal and Rakitic.

Too bad he decided to flip flop between Gomes and Denis as RCM.

Behrox

Vice President of FC Barcelona
Let's leave out the CdR (we didn't even have to beat Madrid to it).

Now, coming to the league - let's face it, Messi was on another planet, dragging us in game after game after game. If we had a half decent coach, we should have won the league with a game to spare, considering how many chances Madrid gave us. Individual brilliance by the front 3 took us through a lot of the games; the coach's ineptness is seen in the long run when we kept dropping points to scrub teams. Any time the big guns were left out, the tactical cluelessness was there for everyone to see.

Not to mention, we struggled in Champions league. So no, I don't expect us to do better results wise, because we've lost Neymar, and we've not really strengthened. I am hoping for the quality of football to improve - that's not always equivalent to the trophy cabinet improving; it's just the first step in making the team healthy again, because trophy's or otherwise, it's clear we have severe ailments at the moment.
Instead of giving Valverde a better squad, the board lost one of our best players and replaced him with Deulofeu and Paulinho

Xaviniesta

In my eyes, Lucho is a fraud. The treble won was because of MSN and especially Messi, who had an insane year. Lucho was clueless and he was relying on Messi.

BarcaOG

Banned
In my eyes, Lucho is a fraud. The treble won was because of MSN and especially Messi, who had an insane year. Lucho was clueless and he was relying on Messi.

ew, shut the fuck up. by that logic pep won his CLs because he relied on prime xavi and iniesta + messi.

it also cant explain why tito and tata, who had similar squads (minus suarez, but for tata plus neymar) failed in europe. what absurd grudge do you have to come back here just to trash our one of our three top coaches ever? :facepalm: lucho was not BRILLIANT but he was hardly a failure

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
ew, shut the fuck up. by that logic pep won his CLs because he relied on prime xavi and iniesta + messi.

it also cant explain why tito and tata, who had similar squads (minus suarez, but for tata plus neymar) failed in europe. what absurd grudge do you have to come back here just to trash our one of our three top coaches ever? :facepalm: lucho was not BRILLIANT but he was hardly a failure

To be fair, fraud is used mainly with people who do have a bit of success :lucho:

3 Copas, 2 Ligas, 1 CL in 3 years. We won 6 out of the possible 9 major trophies we could've won in his time year. Say what you want about him, but he certainly delivered the results.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member

You have a right to express your opinion but you are annoying a lot of people lately with being overly negative.

Home of Barca Fans